• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 more pro-gun bills pass the house!

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Yesterday, two NRA-backed bills passed in the state House and now go to the state Senate for its consideration.* House Bill 484, legislation that would allow for concealed carry on personal property without a permit, passed by an 86 to 5 vote and House Bill 563, legislation which would prevent illegal gun stings, passed by an 89 to 3 vote on the House floor.*

I hadn't even heard of HB 484, but it could open the door for cc without a permit at any location in Ky.

KYKevin

Yesterday, two NRA-backed bills passed in the state House and now go to the state Senate for its consideration.* House Bill 484, legislation that would allow for concealed carry on personal property without a permit, passed by an 86 to 5 vote and House Bill 563, legislation which would prevent illegal gun stings, passed by an 89 to 3 vote on the House floor.*

I hadn't even heard of HB 484, but it could open the door for cc without a permit at any location in Ky.

They are a step in the right direction. Glad to see they passed the house.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
It is sad to say, but most pro-gun bills pass the house with no problem, then either never make it out of committee in the senate or just don't pass when brought before the senate for a vote. It is wonderful that democrats care about our gun rights in this state, but sad that republicans are to busy playing party politics in the senate. This is usually the other way around on the national level, usually the dems play the party politics and complain and deceive us, their employer. I was glad to see Williams get slapped in the face this past election, perhaps they will give the gun owners of Ky a little more respect now that they see what we are capable of. I commend all republicans and democrats of the house who have voted in favor of all the pro-freedom bills that have passed this session, and I'm proud they represent what their employers want!

Nomad08

I guess its a good thing the democrats don't play party politics,thats why the republican sponsored HB 280 and HB 290 done so well.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Ok, let's be smart! I believe it is very unreasonable to expect a bill that would fine local governments $100,000 dollars for violation of a statute to pass when our economy is in the tank, or at any other time really. Nobody in their right mind would vote for that, when the hundred grand comes from my pocket and every other tax payers, and then local taxes would be raised for the city's mistake. It needs to be reasonable to actually have a CHANCE of passing, which HB 500 is. HB 500 gives us what is needed to do away with these illegal ordinances, while not paying higher taxes to make up for the hundred grand they would have been charged. As far as concealed carry without a license, I don't see that passing any time soon either, because permits generate a ton of revenue in such uncertain times.

Also, I'm fairly certain, (being as democrats have control of the house), that these two bills and HB 500 would not have passed if the democrats didn't want them to, but hey, they did pass! If the senate passes these three bills, gunowners will have gained a lot this legislative session, but let's wait and see how far all 3 go in the republican controlled senate!

I'm a registered republican, but they piss me off a lot of years here in Ky. I'm also dissapointed in them on the national level as well. I absolutely can't stand most democrats on the national scene, but with republicans bending over for them, especially during an election year, I'm very disappointed.

Nomad08

I guess either way the tax payers are going to get screwed,its the tax payers money thats paying to bring illegal chargers and prosecute the innocent.

Both parties play the game its just the way it is and always will be unfortunately.

Last edited:

langzaiguy

I, too, am a registered Republican that has been dissatisfied with the Republican Party and even more so by Williams. Still, all I see from the House is partisan politics. Gutshot is most certainly right, we need to contact our own Senators as well as Williams. Let's put the pressure on!