Thread: No weapons sign.

No weapons sign.

ok I have not been able to find

200 KAR 6:050 I was not able to find 200 KAR 6:050 period.

This sign was posted on our judicial center here in owensboro. It does house a few courtroom but also other things such as county court clerk and drivers license area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gunsign.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	8155  
    Last edited by KYKevin; 03-16-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Justice centers are usually all just part of the courts. No guns allowed in them at all because that is all the hold. The county COURT clerk and the drivers license area are part of the courts too.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Ah ok. A friend of mine was down there today and sent me the photo asking. I told em I wasn't sure since I never go down there. lol I still haven't been able to find that dang KAR though. I must be looking in the wrong place.

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Activist Member
    They're sign is a little misleading. Krs 237.115(2) has nothing to do with justice centers or banning all weapons. It is simply the statute that gives city and county governments the right to ban (concealed) firearms from "inside" buildings they own. However no criminal penalty attaches to violation of this statute if they ban concealed firearms by ordinance, so it makes no sense to cite that statute. I'm not certain, but I believe the new justice centers are owned by the state, so again this statute would not apply to this building. This sign is completely legal though, algough it would be by order of the judge, not sherrif.

Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post

This sign was posted on our judicial center here in owensboro. It does house a few courtroom but also other things such as county court clerk and drivers license area.
    If it is a justice center, i would think it houses he circuit court clerk, not the county court clerk.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Justice centers are usually all just part of the courts. No guns allowed in them at all because that is all the hold. The county COURT clerk and the drivers license area are part of the courts too.
    The county court clerk is part of the fiscal court, not a court of justice.

Activist Member
    I'm sure he meant the circuit court clerk. There is no COUNTY COURT clerk, it's just "county clerk," there is no COURT in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    I'm sure he meant the circuit court clerk. There is no COUNTY COURT clerk, it's just "county clerk," there is no COURT in-between.
    Bad on me also. Darn I wonder when they ditched the "court" part? Probably around the adoption of the unified court amendment I would guess. Old habits die hard

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    I did mean circuit court clerk. Thanks for catching that.

Regulation

Quote Originally Posted by KYKevin View Post

I contacted the state legislative library regarding this particular regulation. They replied that they have no record, electronic or paper, official or otherwise of this regulation. The person stated: "I am also unable to find this section (6:050) in 200 KAR. We have checked the online version, as well as the print versions we hold at the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives."

Something appears to be a little off here.

Quote Originally Posted by smith40241 View Post
    I contacted the state legislative library regarding this particular regulation. They replied that they have no record, electronic or paper, official or otherwise of this regulation. The person stated: "I am also unable to find this section (6:050) in 200 KAR. We have checked the online version, as well as the print versions we hold at the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives."

Something appears to be a little off here.
    More than a little off is right.
    I live in Owensboro so if the county is posting fake laws on signs what recourse do we have.
    can we sue? would they ever let open carry in?
    After my run in at the court house today and the lack of knowledge about open carry it would seem that its a free for all in charge. They just make up rules as they go

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar
    Way to necro post. This thread has been dead for 2 years.
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.