Thread: The Police Can't Help Us

The Police Can't Help Us

"Authorities say the last message they want battered women to take from this is that they cannot protect them. The sheriff says the data very clearly show that women who go for help are far safer that those who try to tough it out alone."

I know most of us already know this but I don't see this in print very often. They admit they can't help us and then state that the best solution is to "go for help." They still expect us to go through the system knowing it won't help.

http://wusa9.com/news/article/196623...issed-By-Judge
    =============================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

I go for help, a Beretta 92 FS, or a 12 gauge loaded with 00 Buck.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-gal View Post
    "Authorities say the last message they want battered women to take from this is that they cannot protect them. The sheriff says the data very clearly show that women who go for help are far safer that those who try to tough it out alone."

I know most of us already know this but I don't see this in print very often. They admit they can't help us and then state that the best solution is to "go for help." They still expect us to go through the system knowing it won't help.
    I think that they're trying to say that they CAN help the battered women. That they want to women to come to them because "data very clearly show that women who go for help are far safer than those who try to tough it out."
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    I think that they're trying to say that they CAN help the battered women. That they want to women to come to them because "data very clearly show that women who go for help are far safer than those who try to tough it out."
    And yet again and again we hear of women who get killed by the very man who they have an RO against. Yeah, the system works really well.

She and her husband headed to another court hearing Tuesday morning
    I don't know why the media isn't reporting the truth on this either.
    I have a friend in law enforcement who told me that they were not traveling together. He followed her, dragged her into his truck and then shot her and dumped her. They make it sound like she was willingly with him that morning and that just isn't the truth.

And yet again and again we hear of women who get killed by the very man who they have an RO against. Yeah, the system works really well.
    I never said that the system does work. They (part of the system) are saying that it works.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

http://wusa9.com/news/article/196623...issed-By-Judge
    The husband may not have needed a gun, but the gal sure did. Lot cheaper for the state too, now they have to prosecute a murder, and house, feed, clothe, medical care, supervise when he gets out etc etc...MD needs to change their laws (oh yes, a judge just did that...but it didn't help this gal.)

May I add: we had a case here in WA, were a gal murdered her husband and went to battered woman bit...but was lying..she just flat out premeditated murdered him for insurance money. She was really stupid, she shot him in the back, among other things wrong with her story..like she was living in California with another man, and came back to WA to do the deed.

So, we have to be careful on how we judge these cases. The one in MD is obvious, the gal needed help, either from the state, or old Sam Colt.
    Last edited by hermannr; 03-18-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Computers down? That excuse doesn't even work in college...and it never cost anyone their life. Absolutely ridiculous.

Sent using America's nonexistent 4g network - Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    The husband may not have needed a gun, but the gal sure did. Lot cheaper for the state too, now they have to prosecute a murder, and house, feed, clothe, medical care, supervise when he gets out etc etc...
    I took it as a murder suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    I took it as a murder suicide.
    Yeah it was.

==========================================
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Looking for training by experienced staff?
    We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
    http://www.shecanshoot.com/

Banned
    "computers were down" , yea, right. Vote the judge out if you wish -- its an example of why i still support voting for judges ... if he's appointed talk to the judge (who is voted into office) to remove him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I go for help, a Beretta 92 FS, or a 12 gauge loaded with 00 Buck.
    I gave my sister a .380 when she was concerned .. went down to range & taught her the safety aspects & told her to continue going to the range every month or so.

But if you go and file a report, get a restraining order and you end up having to shoot the bastard, chances are you will be cleared of all charges on grounds of self-defense. If you never seek help or report it then shoot your husband or boyfriend (or ex-whatever), you may not be getting off so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnsauer View Post
    But if you go and file a report, get a restraining order and you end up having to shoot the bastard, chances are you will be cleared of all charges on grounds of self-defense. If you never seek help or report it then shoot your husband or boyfriend (or ex-whatever), you may not be getting off so easy.
    That's a good point

==========================================
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Looking for training by experienced staff?
    We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
    http://www.shecanshoot.com/