• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letter That We Are Banning Businesses/Stores/Shops

Rollbar

All good answers and I apologize if I offended anyone. That was not my intention. Its just frustrating some times. A combined group is still beneficial to the effort I would think.

Jim

wrightme

All good answers and I apologize if I offended anyone. That was not my intention. Its just frustrating some times. A combined group is still beneficial to the effort I would think.

Jim

A combined group is good, but each person in that combined group is more effective sending their OWN letter, as opposed to one blanket letter from a group of people, IMHO>

Rollbar

A combined group is good, but each person in that combined group is more effective sending their OWN letter, as opposed to one blanket letter from a group of people, IMHO>

Yes agreed as we talked about before. The "group" would be a spear head group to e-mail different letters to people so they can have it on their PC to send out as individuals. Maybe on a specific web site and member log in to retrieve said letter to down load. Just a thought.

wrightme

Yes agreed as we talked about before. The "group" would be a spear head group to e-mail different letters to people so they can have it on their PC to send out as individuals. Maybe on a specific web site and member log in to retrieve said letter to down load. Just a thought.

The suggestion of a 'form' letter might not be best, since a company will very likely make a distinction between getting 100 copies of the same letter with the only difference being the name and email sourced, as opposed to 100 differently worded letters on the same subject.

For example, think of how it feels when two persons contact their congresscritter. One tries to share their view on the National Reciprocity legislation, the other tries to share their view on the Fast & Furious hearings, and they BOTH get identical responses. Copycat responses will not be seen with the same weight as will separate letters that aren't copies.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

In my experience, when you send a letter say like the GOA or NRA computer generated letter, if you do get a response back, it is usually "canned" very much like the one you sent. However when you send a letter and it is an issue that you are passioned over, should a canned response come back, you are much more inclined to say HEY EXCUSE ME... There is a issue here!you may respond demanding a little action. In my opinion this is where the gold is. Since Government cannot go hide away, they learn tactics on how to make us go away.. if we comply they can concentrate on the folks that do not... What is fun is learning how to be the one who does not go away. It also has rewards. I Was at the campaign HQ's Signing Tim F 343 for assembly district 10 it was cool seeing the county Commissioners signing up. we may be able to spot a close race in Clark county down here and make a little change...