Thread: Refuting the "Old Man Club" label

Refuting the "Old Man Club" label

While driving back to the office on I-95 around lunchtime today, I saw a SUV with a "Guns Save Lives" magnet on the back.

The driver was a black female and, by her licensce plate, it was her car!

Go get 'em girl!

Awesome!

Founder's Club Member
    Wait a minute! I thought the "old man club" was an epithet from NoVACop? I even added it to my "location" line just make fun of his obvious ad hominem attack.

Is there a deeper history to the "old man club" label from NoVACop?
    Last edited by Citizen; 03-16-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Wait a minute! I thought the "old man club" was an epithet from NoVACop? I even added it to my "location" line just make fun of his obvious ad hominem attack.

I thought it was a Raven thing from the Culpepper thread.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

If there was a deeper history wouldn't you know since you've been around since the beginning of time?
    Last edited by thebigsd; 03-17-2012 at 12:07 AM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post
    I thought it was a Raven thing from the Culpepper thread.
    Yeah, that's where I first saw it. But, it was NoVASlop10 who made the comment.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    If there was a deeper history wouldn't you know since you've been around since the beginning of time?
    I see what you wrote there.

A Black female? I sure would like to meet her and ask her to talk to a BUNCH of anti's around here! It seems every anti I've encountered lately was a black female... Usually elderly. I wish they knew the HISTORY of gun control. If they only knew it was in conjunction with slavery, they would all be "up in arms" and PRO 2A! Where is The Rev. Ken Blanchard when we need him? I met him once. He's an amazing speaker.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    A Black female? I sure would like to meet her and ask her to talk to a BUNCH of anti's around here! It seems every anti I've encountered lately was a black female... Usually elderly. I wish they knew the HISTORY of gun control. If they only knew it was in conjunction with slavery, they would all be "up in arms" and PRO 2A! Where is The Rev. Ken Blanchard when we need him? I met him once. He's an amazing speaker.
    BMWAG = Rev. Ken Blanchard. I have a lot of respect for this man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avxk5UN_T4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o86JTxJ9myU
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.