Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oakland County Sheriff's

Oakland County Sheriff's

I went to the OCS office today thinking they might have a drop box for RI-60 but they don't. One thing I did see is this sign, does anyone know if it's a legal sign or not?

http://

They can't ban guns. Maybe you could provide the address of this location?

Also, consider posting it here:

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/...oard,29.0.html (Must be signed into MOC's Forum to see it). It's a Forum we've setup specifically to document government abuses. I hope you'll participate as we try to get a central repository of abuse.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

I'll go back & get the address & I am a member at the site you mentioned, well maybe not a paying member but a guest

I believe they share a building with the Oakland County Courts.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

Banned
    If its the sherriffs department, they can't. If its the records building, I dont know if they have court business there or not, but when I confronted them about it, they said that people really dont follow the signs anyhow.

Audio below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKf34XeHxu0

The OCSD is a stand-alone building at the most northerly end (County Center Dr) of the complex. Records (deeds, marriage, birth, death, etc) is in the building with the courts.

After going back it does appear to be connected to the jail, also looks like it on google earth.

http://

Banned
    I've OCed there several times, there was always a sign there. Thats where the youtube was recorded from.

ETA what would they attempt to charge you with? Trespassing?
    Last edited by stainless1911; 03-17-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    I've OCed there several times, there was always a sign there. That's where the YouTube was recorded from.

ETA what would they attempt to charge you with? Trespassing?
    Contempt of Signage.

Banned
    Last time I was in there, the guard took one look at me, sprang out of his seat and rushed towards me. I thought, here we go, but all he wanted was to know if I had a cell phone with a camera.

Loose cannon.

OMG NO!!! A Phone with a Camera!!! The HORROR...

But Your gun is good..

Weird world we live in.

http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/...oard,29.0.html

@OP -- is it possible for you to log your tale into ^^^this^^^ forum?

It will help us keep good documentation in the future when we go to get preemption changed. It will help us be able to quickly show legislators the abuses going on as evidence that things need to change.

Thanks for helping us as we go forward....
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Vmaxx View Post
    After going back it does appear to be connected to the jail, also looks like it on google earth.
    Yep, but that sure as hell doesn't make it a secured area of their jail system, thus it's utterly legal to carry there, as I do every time I'm unfortunate enough to have to wait through their hours long lines.
    Last edited by Michigander; 03-24-2012 at 09:59 PM.
    Think Free or Serve. Live Free or Die.

I can't take the credit for this, someone else beat me to it. Here's a quote from another forum.

Dear Mr. Donzie:
    Thank you for your email.* The sign you mention was placed by facilities on a door I never use so I had not seen it.* I found there were in fact two signs, one at records and one at our headquarters.* Under my orders, the one at records was removed and the one at headquarters was moved to where it was supposed to be, the entrance to the secure non-public area.
    I appreciate you writing.
    Sincerely,
    Sheriff Michael J. Bouchard

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...d.php?t=171186

Well done, Sheriff!

I can't take the credit for this, someone else beat me to it. Here's a quote from another forum.

Dear Mr. Donzie:
    Thank you for your email.* The sign you mention was placed by facilities on a door I never use so I had not seen it.* I found there were in fact two signs, one at records and one at our headquarters.* Under my orders, the one at records was removed and the one at headquarters was moved to where it was supposed to be, the entrance to the secure non-public area.
    Sincerely,

When the Royal Oak Arts, Beats, and Eats Firearm Carry Issue was going on, I sent an email to the Royal Oak City Commission about the MCL's they were violating and copied Michael Bouchard on the email (sent at 9 PM). He personally called me at Noon the next day to assure me that neither he nor any Oakland County Deputies would be enforcing the Illegal Contract Provisions nor any Illegal City Ordinances (they help provide Police Services during the Festival). I am glad to have him as my County Sheriff!

Banned
    Do you still have his contact info PD?

Dear Mr. Donzie:
    Sincerely,

Give that man a gold star!
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Give that man a gold star!
    he already has one silly.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Unhappy +1

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    When the Royal Oak Arts, Beats, and Eats Firearm Carry Issue was going on, I sent an email to the Royal Oak City Commission about the MCL's they were violating and copied Michael Bouchard on the email (sent at 9 PM). He personally called me at Noon the next day to assure me that neither he nor any Oakland County Deputies would be enforcing the Illegal Contract Provisions nor any Illegal City Ordinances (they help provide Police Services during the Festival). I am glad to have him as my County Sheriff!
    We here in WaCo would consider ourselves lucky to have a Sheriff like him. Sadly we wait..& wait..hope springs eternal I guess
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Do you still have his contact info PD?
    You just send email to the address listed and he will contact you back:

ocso@oakgov.com

SOFAOPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    We here in WaCo would consider ourselves lucky to have a Sheriff like him. Sadly we wait..& wait..hope springs eternal I guess
    what are you waiting for? is somthing going on their?

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by SOFAOPS View Post
    what are you waiting for? is somthing going on their?
    That you Pat? The fine voters keep electing the guy who has the slickest mailers instead of someone who gives a damn about them, their rights, or their safety in my honest opion. But what else is new when it comes to DETROIT area voters
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

The Oakland County Sheriff was quite the vocal opponent of SB 59

Banned
    Why in the world would they take that position? It means less OC calls for them. ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast