• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oakland County Sheriff's

Vmaxx

I went to the OCS office today thinking they might have a drop box for RI-60 but they don't. One thing I did see is this sign, does anyone know if it's a legal sign or not?

http://
d74b37fb.jpg

SpringerXDacp

The OCSD is a stand-alone building at the most northerly end (County Center Dr) of the complex. Records (deeds, marriage, birth, death, etc) is in the building with the courts.

xd shooter

OMG NO!!! A Phone with a Camera!!! The HORROR...

But Your gun is good..:):)

Weird world we live in.

Michigander

After going back it does appear to be connected to the jail, also looks like it on google earth.

Yep, but that sure as hell doesn't make it a secured area of their jail system, thus it's utterly legal to carry there, as I do every time I'm unfortunate enough to have to wait through their hours long lines.

Last edited:

Vmaxx

I can't take the credit for this, someone else beat me to it. Here's a quote from another forum.

Dear Mr. Donzie:
Thank you for your email.* The sign you mention was placed by facilities on a door I never use so I had not seen it.* I found there were in fact two signs, one at records and one at our headquarters.* Under my orders, the one at records was removed and the one at headquarters was moved to where it was supposed to be, the entrance to the secure non-public area.
I appreciate you writing.
Sincerely,
Sheriff Michael J. Bouchard

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=171186

PDinDetroit

I can't take the credit for this, someone else beat me to it. Here's a quote from another forum.

Dear Mr. Donzie:
Thank you for your email.* The sign you mention was placed by facilities on a door I never use so I had not seen it.* I found there were in fact two signs, one at records and one at our headquarters.* Under my orders, the one at records was removed and the one at headquarters was moved to where it was supposed to be, the entrance to the secure non-public area.
Sincerely,

When the Royal Oak Arts, Beats, and Eats Firearm Carry Issue was going on, I sent an email to the Royal Oak City Commission about the MCL's they were violating and copied Michael Bouchard on the email (sent at 9 PM). He personally called me at Noon the next day to assure me that neither he nor any Oakland County Deputies would be enforcing the Illegal Contract Provisions nor any Illegal City Ordinances (they help provide Police Services during the Festival). I am glad to have him as my County Sheriff!

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator

Dear Mr. Donzie:
Sincerely,

Give that man a gold star!