• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving back to Nebraska, my home state.

Nebraska12

Hi all, new to the forum. I think I've read through all the threads here and could not find a definitive answer ( which does not seem uncommon ). Would it be legal to mount a holster on the center console of my truck for a handgun? It would be in plain view and clearly visible from the drivers side window. Also, what are the laws pertaining to open carry in state parks? We are avid anglers and campers, it would be nice to be able to carry my side on our outings.

Thanks in advance for your input.

NE12

Sent using America's nonexistent 4g network - Sprint.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
These inter-active maps will get you started until someone local checks in on this sub-forum. Unfortunately NE has not been strong proactively.
http://www.opencarry.org/maps.html

Omaha has been a problem - search the NE section on OCDO for reference to that.

Welcome to OCDO - Go Huskers.

MuffinTheMan

I've been getting into the open carry movement recently (in Nebraska), and I have started a website to give information about Nebraska's laws and other useful things. It's still in the works, but you could check it out here. As far as I know, you can carry in state parks as long as there are no signs posted stating otherwise (see handgunlaw.us). Also, mounting a holster in plain sight shouldn't be a problem in general. You may just run into certain local laws (such as Omaha), where you might not be able to have your loaded gun there. You can get to some of Omaha's laws from here.

MtM

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I've been getting into the open carry movement recently (in Nebraska), and I have started a website to give information about Nebraska's laws and other useful things. It's still in the works, but you could check it out here. As far as I know, you can carry in state parks as long as there are no signs posted stating otherwise (see handgunlaw.us). Also, mounting a holster in plain sight shouldn't be a problem in general. You may just run into certain local laws (such as Omaha), where you might not be able to have your loaded gun there. You can get to some of Omaha's laws from here.

MtM

69-2401 to 69-2425 Would have expected something more definitive.