Thread: Then and now

Then and now

Then and now:

Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2011 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Isn't it amazing what a few decades of "progress" can accomplish!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Isn't it amazing what a few decades of "progress" can accomplish!
    Yeah, sometimes I wonder how I ever managed to grow up sane, safe, and sound.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Jack doesn't go quail hunting, so if Jack shows up at school with some rifles and claims he was quail hunting, then Jack is probably up to no good. Jack likes to speak with euphemisms, so Jack was probably talking about Obama supporters. They are, after all, a bunch of bird brains.

What you missed is that the "counselors" remind all of the kids how bad and dangerous the "gun" is. It might just jump out of the truck, on it's own, and start going off for no reason.

Way back when.....

Way back in 1954, I took a hunters safety class in school. On range day I brought my bolt action .22 to school on the bus. The driver said, "thats unloaded, isn't it. I said: "yes", and took my seat. Then I carried it acrss campus to the wood shop and left it in the teachers office. No police, no counselers, no dead people.
    Last edited by Gundude; 03-19-2012 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Wrong year
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gundude View Post
    Way back in 1954, I took a hunters safety class in school. On range day I brought my bolt action .22 to school on the bus. The driver said, "thats unloaded, isn't it. I said: "yes", and took my seat. Then I carried it acrss campus to the wood shop and left it in the teachers office. No police, no counselers, no dead people.
    School ought to still offer Hunter Safety. I remember taking Hunter Safety when I was fourteen; my stepfather still had my card.

I remember my first rifle: SKS. My stepfather made me clean the cosmoline off--what a mess!
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

I was in 11 grade and got caught in a food fight, so our assistant principle kicked me and my cousin out of school for the rest of the day. We went home grabbed our shotguns to go do some Pheasant hunting. While we were at his house the assistant principle calls and tells us to get back to school, I asked why, he stated, I know your about to go hunting I should know better then to let you go during hunting season. I told him no thanks we were going hunting anyway.

The assistant principle lived right next door to my house, so when I got home after sunset my mother had some words for me, but my dad could only smile and say, what the hell did you expect him to do, sit at home crying about it. We ate pheasant that night, made in cream sauce, mushrooms and onions. It was great.

I also remember me and another friend driving his dirt bike through town, me on the back carrying both shotguns (cased buy obvious) and the cops just waving at us as went by. It was a normal thing for them to see the two of us doing this, they didn't care. By the way, we were both 13. LOL

I graduated back in 80 and I always had gun in the back window of my truck as did others. never got hassled. I can't even recall an incident of any getting stolen. But then we all had guns. lol! Ah the good old days.
    Kentucky Open Carry Group
    http://opencarry.niceboards.org/

We all speak of liberty and freedom like we are the only ones that know the truth and the right path. But if we expect everyone to accept and follow our path and to accept our truth and want to force it upon them then that is no longer liberty or freedom. It is slavery. I believe in liberty for all. Regardless of their political views, religion, race, sex, etc.

Certainly a sad state of affairs, but that's one of the reasons we OC