• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

restricted access to kid law?

JoeGlock40

is there any state law requiring u to lock up your guns or keeping access to guns in the house restricted to children? ive looked up alot online and cant find anything. anyone got any ideas?

azcdlfred

is there any state law requiring u to lock up your guns or keeping access to guns in the house restricted to children? ive looked up alot online and cant find anything. anyone got any ideas?
In past years, we (AzCDL) have fought against a number of proposals that would make you a criminal if any "child" accessed your gun and hurt themselves or another, but none even became law.

Looking through my notes, the last attempts were HB 2430 and HB 2431 back in 2008 (they never became law). You can read about them in our January 2008 newsletter .

Since they never became law, that means there are no specific laws deaing with the issue. However, I'm sure there are statutes that can be used to punish morons who leave loaded guns unattended around kids resulting in tragic outcomes.

Fred

Last edited: