Thread: National Defense Resources Preparedness

National Defense Resources Preparedness

Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...s-preparedness

Interesting. Feel like there's a thief with a gun in my face.

Government definitely has a gun at the faces of everyone.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Government definitely has a gun at the faces of everyone.
    No those are voluntary mandates......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    No those are voluntary mandates......
    Bad!
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Bad!

Don't think of it as having a gun to your head. Think of it as an encouragement of sorts; an appeal to your sense of self-preservation.

Herr Heckler Koch

“National Defense Resources Preparedness” executive order: Power grab or mere update?

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/03/1...rab-or-update/

While the timing of the EO is curious — why send it out on a Friday afternoon when an administration is usually trying to sneak bad news past the media? — the general impact of it is negligible. This EO simply updates another EO (12919) that had been in place since June 1994, and amended several times since.

So, the EO is nothing new. And I thought there was something new here.

Basically it changed FEMA to Dept. of Homeland Security (FEMA absorbed into DHS). I read the before and after. No big deal.

Though, I was not wearing my tinfoil hat, so, I was susceptible to receiving mental vibrations via the Interwebs from the NSA that could have clouded my judgement while reading the EO. I'll get my hat and re-read the before and after EOs and get back to you.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

Politicians are the tyrants 3000 miles away; thug cops are 3000 tyrants 1 mile away. (Adapted from Benjamin Martin, fictional character extraordinaire)

The ominous part for me is that this was added:

The United States must have an industrial and technological base capable of meeting national defense requirements and capable of contributing to the technological superiority of its national defense equipment in peacetime and in times of national emergency.

Really all this might be needed in peacetime?
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MatieA View Post
    The ominous part for me is that this was added:

The United States must have an industrial and technological base capable of meeting national defense requirements and capable of contributing to the technological superiority of its national defense equipment in peacetime and in times of national emergency.

Really all this might be needed in peacetime?
    We're in peacetime now, until we're not. We don't need to wait until a crisis happens, and then prepare for it.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...