• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Awkward Situation at the Laboratory

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I have also taken DOT Drug Screens over the years and never once had to empty my pockets.

I do not like Drug Screens either but I had to submit in order to be allowed to keep my job.

When "some folks" take drug screens, they cheat as a matter of principle -- not because they must.

It makes them sleep better at night.

The investment in equipment is well worth the price of not having to actually submit to that which is demanded against right.

Incidentally, I'm sure someone's gonna claim this is a private initiative (and therefore right is not implicated), but I can prove it ain't.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Having administered hundreds of them, I assure you that it would be very difficult to maintain urine in any container within the 4 degree zone on the temp strip.

LOL! How many times do you think you got played?

Obviously you're underestimating the number.

Nothing so trivial is difficult with sufficient understanding and motivation.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I have over thirty years of military service. I was constantly being "randomly selected" because I was available for testing. I was never disarmed to pee.

sharkey

Every time I've ever taken a piss test I had to empty my pockets and wash my hands (bleach residue trick) but they always have a lock box for your stuff.

I had a friend buy synthetic urine and pass the tempurature test just by keeping it close to their body (unless she vagged it, but I didn't ask). I swore fake urine would fail but I guess it works. You can buy it at the smoke shops around here.

sharkey

i was going for the piss test i know i'm defiantly gonna fail but then i decided to use Synthetic urine and it hleped me to pass the test

This is the best forum spam I have ever seen. Actually took time to register with a forum themed avatar. I'm impressed.

On a side note, I started a new job and when I took my piss test at Concentra they did not have a lock box. :shocker:

eye95

Its against Minnesota law that employers make you take any kind of drug or alcohol test unless they have just cause, like trying to fire you, for suspicion of drug use. I know that sounds absurd but what if they tested you and found nothing, now we could sue.

Where I work the passed a rule requiring us to take them twice a year. We laughed at them and said "as soon as you get the state to OK it".

And that law, I would argue, is the real rights violation. Why should the government interfere in a private contract? The company should be free to require drug testing before entering into an employment relationship. Potential employees should be free to refuse to enter into that relationship if the conditions are unacceptable.

SFCRetired

The hardest I have ever laughed at anything during my entire military career was having one of my female NCOs tell about having to witness other females giving a sample. I can't even begin to relate it here, but I will tell you that, in comparison, we men have it made.

Lasjayhawk

Nothing like the wizz quiz to keep your job so you can pay taxes to provide food stamps for crack dealers.

I work in aviation, and at one point had a class A CDL. I got called to 2 random tests in one day, FAA and FMCSA. And yes I had to do 2 tests even though they are both DOT.

Fallschirjmäger

Had a supervisor at one job (where we were contracted to work in the labs at the CDC) that wanted me to get a test done right after we had all had lunch and to bring him proof that I had gone. I looked at him and reminded him that according to the work contract, there was a 3-hour window at the testing station to "test" and that it took 45 minutes to get there and 45 minutes back. "So, do you want me to report back here or at your house? I won't be done until after Close of Business and I can tell you right now, I went during lunch and I'm bladder shy."

Turns out that bringing 'proof' the next day was good enough after all, AND I got paid for 4.5 hours of drinking Mountain Dew.

Last edited:

nonameisgood

Shouldn't welfare recipients also have to pee in the cup to keep taking your money??

Should there be welfare recipients? I thought we only have money to those with problems, and being broke and unwilling to work isn't really a problem that needs my tax dollars thrown at it. And while on the subject, WTF is EIC about? I know people, lots of people, who get a refund and never pay a dime of tax income tax. That is just messed up.

Anyway, I would not feel entirely comfortable leaving my gun in a car in the neighborhoods where the testing labs operate. I do not see why there is any issue about carrying and testing, since they really should provide a safe place for your personal items.

nonameisgood

Shouldn't welfare recipients also have to pee in the cup to keep taking your money??

Should there be welfare recipients? I thought we only have money to those with problems, and being broke and unwilling to work isn't really a problem that needs my tax dollars thrown at it. And while on the subject, WTF is EIC about? I know people, lots of people, who get a refund and never pay a dime of tax income tax. That is just messed up.

Anyway, I would not feel entirely comfortable leaving my gun in a car in the neighborhoods where the testing labs operate. I do not see why there is any issue about carrying and testing, since they really should provide a safe place for your personal items.