• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wecome New members (STL Go Out To Dinner)

mspgunner

I've had a lot of requests for information on when there will be more STL area "Let's go out to dinner".
We haven't had any recently, I for one have been rather busy with a lot of family and 2A issues.
This might be a good place for "New" folks to come to and say they are here and i nterested.

At least we'll know who is new and hasen't been to one of these.
The dinner thing is a great way to learn about OC in Missouri and this side of the State, and you'll meet your fellow OCers here.

jwisecar

I am new to open carry.

Again I am new to open carry and also believe it is our right and would like to get together with like minded people. I am in Arnold so any place in St.Louis and surrounding area is great just say when. Thanks

mspgunner

Again I am new to open carry and also believe it is our right and would like to get together with like minded people. I am in Arnold so any place in St.Louis and surrounding area is great just say when. Thanks

Welcome, I think we know each other! New Facebook friend!
There are no dinners planned at this time. Several in the STL/FRA Co. area have talked about it recently. Just stay tuned and enjoy the posts here. There is alot to learn, but as we all did you will soon come to find the world of open carry an interesting one!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
out of town starting Fri, won't be back until tues. Got that weekend, then the, the military is in town and I am totally out of pocket for two weeks.

mspgunner

out of town starting Fri, won't be back until tues. Got that weekend, then the, the military is in town and I am totally out of pocket for two weeks.

I'll try to come up with a date, place and time for an OC dinner. Time is a bit tight these days but the new folks sure could use an outing. I suppose some body has to do it. There has been some interest from the folks out in Franklin Co. again. I suppose pacific works. Sure as heck had a crowd last time around. Stay tuned,

usmcbess

I'll try to come up with a date, place and time for an OC dinner. Time is a bit tight these days but the new folks sure could use an outing. I suppose some body has to do it. There has been some interest from the folks out in Franklin Co. again. I suppose pacific works. Sure as heck had a crowd last time around. Stay tuned,

I will try my best to get a date toward the end of this month or the beginning of next month for an OC meeting in Pacific.

Oramac

Budget allowing, I'd love to hit up a dinner somewhere. OFallon Mo area would be perfect for me (I live there :D) but I'll travel most anywhere within reason.

John3

D' Angelos in Pacific has superb food (pizza, chicken cheezy bread, etc. etc..) Not sure if they are OC friendly but would be willing to stop in and speak to the owners any day. Marc let me know and I'll get this done...

Vincent may know if they are OC friendly...

mspgunner

D' Angelos in Pacific has superb food (pizza, chicken cheezy bread, etc. etc..) Not sure if they are OC friendly but would be willing to stop in and speak to the owners any day. Marc let me know and I'll get this done...

Vincent may know if they are OC friendly...

I used to eat there often when I lived just out side of Pacific, don't know if they are OC OK?
Would be less noise and frankly I'm burnt out on Mexican!

I don't live there any more... hope someone will ask.

John3

Vincent may know and/or I will stop in and see the owner this week and get an answer. What day of the week were you wanting? A Saturday or Sunday evening?

mspgunner

Vincent may know and/or I will stop in and see the owner this week and get an answer. What day of the week were you wanting? A Saturday or Sunday evening?

We haver found Sunday 4:30 to work well. Most don't work Sundays and gives people home time Sunday evenings.
April 8 is Easter... Not the best day!

Any other in April works here.

mspgunner

I am up there about once a month to visit friends/family. If a planned meet coincides it would be nice to meet some of you in person.

One of many reasons the 4:30 time works well. You could get home the same day!

Some of us have met OCers from around the State, nice to get names and faces together!

usmcbess

I dont know what they would think about it. The last two times I ate there Inwasnt carrying because Inwas with a convicted felon. But yeah John if you havent gotten to it yet I will stop in here tommorow and ask about it.

John3

Great Vincent if you can stop and talk with them this works perfectly. Make sure they know we will probably have a group somewhere close to forty people if not a bit more for whatever Sunday works best for everyone.

If you don't have a chance to see them just let me know and I can stop in any evening on my way home...

John III

mspgunner

I dont know what they would think about it. The last two times I ate there Inwasnt carrying because Inwas with a convicted felon. But yeah John if you havent gotten to it yet I will stop in here tommorow and ask about it.

You can carry with a "convicted felon". The felon cannot be in possession of a firearm but you can!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Not against the "law".

As someone all too experienced with the topic, UMCbess's decision to refrain from open carry while out with a person still under the supervision of the DOC has great wisdom. There is no risk to Bess at all, however, the other party does not retain full rights and can come under considerable legal abuse all too easy. With the act of OC bringing a much greater likely police contact, it is just not worth it.

Basically an officer can see a felon on the street, knowing they are on probation or parole and can detain and search without as much as RAS let alone PC.

Not going to get into a legal debate about it or a cite contest, it is a matter of reality and without regard for the legality of it, it is simply something that happens a lot, no need to increase the likely hood the contact will result in a less than positive event for the cause.