Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw a Unicorn at GoodWill today?

Saw a Unicorn at GoodWill today?

OK, which one of you was it? Guy was at the Central Park location, roaming around in women's clothing - I thought he was the hired store security (why else would he be there in the woman's section?).

Fess up!
    A firearm is a tool of convenience, not effectiveness - Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sawah View Post
    OK, which one of you was it? Guy was at the Central Park location, roaming around in women's clothing - I thought he was the hired store security (why else would he be there in the woman's section?).

Fess up!
    If it was one of us, then by definition, it was not a unicorn. A unicorn is someone who finds out on his own that OC is not illegal and decides to just start OCing. The term comes from some years ago when OC was a lot less known. A member here remarked that someone just up and OCing all on his own after finding out there was no prohibition was about as rare as unicorns.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. (Because that is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--for each other and everybody else--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.)

Equality and consent of the governed: We're all equal. How can another legitimately govern me without my express consent?

Founder's Club Member

Fess up!
    Huh!?! Are you sure it wasn't one of those utility kilts?
    Last edited by Citizen; 03-18-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. (Because that is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--for each other and everybody else--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.)

Equality and consent of the governed: We're all equal. How can another legitimately govern me without my express consent?

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    OK, which one of you was it? Guy was at the Central Park location, roaming around in women's clothing
    Wow...so many things that could be said here......
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

OK, maybe not a unicorn, and was wearing a white shirt and roaming around in the women's clothing area. Hope that clears it up, lol.
    A firearm is a tool of convenience, not effectiveness - Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    They were but since it's still taking 3 minutes between enter and refresh, they were said in private.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    They were but since it's still taking 3 minutes between enter and refresh, they were said in private.
    That and I have a bell that rings every time one of you posts something that gets by the filters.....
    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.

Yata hey

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    That and I have a bell that rings every time one of you posts something that gets by the filters.....
    and to think I thought that the bell meant that an angel got their wings.......silly me.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

and to think I thought that the bell meant that an angel got their wings.......silly me.
    Well that too, but they sound very different.

Did you know that the halo has to be earned separately, much like here.

Yata hey

Well...I saw a Unicorn in Crewe. I stopped at the Fast Mart to get a cup of coffee and there was an old fellow wearing suspenders, blue jeans and a Glock.

I was wearing Gum Boots (For you Novites, those aren't dress shoes) Blue Jeans, a sports shirt and my Taurus model 444. My area is known for it's red earth and I was covered from head to the toe of my gum boots....so we eyed each other for a minute, nodded acknowledgement and went about our business.

I suspect he's still wondering if the fierce Meherrin Indians were attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Huh!?! Are you sure it wasn't one of those utility kilts?

Wasn't me, I prefer shopping at Victoria Secrets. :-)
    "Cogito, ergo armatum sum: I think, therefore I am armed."

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpForMe View Post

For yourself?

Yata hey

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    For yourself?
    The trick is not to buy anything just walk around and enjoy the pictures, staff, frilly things and sometime other shoppers. If you want to have fun hold up a bra and ask the saleswoman if it makes your look fat.

I actually stopped shopping there when I got divorced. The only one I know of is in a mall anyway so no OC. :-(

ETA: I do miss their catalog though now that they stopped shipping them. :-(
    Last edited by 45acpForMe; 03-20-2012 at 06:54 AM.

The trick is not to buy anything just walk around and enjoy the pictures, staff, frilly things and sometime other shoppers. If you want to have fun hold up a bra and ask the saleswoman if it makes your look fat.

I actually stopped shopping there when I got divorced. The only one I know of is in a mall anyway so no OC. :-(

ETA: I do miss their catalog though now that they stopped shipping them. :-(
    I hope Candy and all the others that call ME a pervert...are reading this!

Nice legs

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Nice legs
    Actually that is not me in the picture, my legs are a bit more hairy. I just grabbed a pic of the web of a Kilt.

And Peter Nap enjoying female beauty isn't a perversion it is called testosterone. :-) (now enjoying frilly things may be borderline!)

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I hope Candy and all the others that call ME a pervert...are reading this!
    Sometimes, it's easier to just shake our heads, mumble something about 'boys will be boys' and walk away.

--Moderator note--
    Fixed incorrect edit made previously--
    Removed content was not made by the poster.

LOL if i saw a drag queen with a hand cannon i'd run the other way!
    It's better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it...

Quote Originally Posted by The Airframer View Post
    LOL if i saw a drag queen with a hand cannon i'd run the other way!
    Why do you think I don't go to Fairfax.
    There....I said it!

Quote Originally Posted by Riana View Post
    Sometimes, it's easier to just shake our heads, mumble something about 'boys will be boys' and walk away.

Didja ever listen to the girls - OMG what a revelation.

Still like my sweet, little momma said regarding the differences between the sexes - "vive la différence!" - and she said it loud and clear.
    Back in the 60's and 70's they used to have rooms full (hundreds) of women doing data etry for the big old computer systems on keypunches. That was how I worked my way through my Masters, keeping those keypunches running.. Several time I would have to extract myself from a machine and warn the girls,,,there is a guy present, please keep it under control...unbelieveable stuff they would talk about..yes, about guys...

Speaking of girl talk since this thread is all off-topic, I'm supposed to be attending a church ladies dinner at a local restaurant. I just find the thought of that, all those portly, chatty, obese ladies ordering things dipped in "I-can't-believe-it's-not-lard" repellant, so I just snuck out and went to the bookstore to use the laptop and read the new magazines.

My SO thinks I need to enlarge my 'circle of friends' for the day they kick the bucket so I won't be alone and isolated, or some hooey.

So, yeah, girltalk - unless it's firearms, I'm bored.
    Last edited by sawah; 03-20-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Speaking of girl talk since this thread is all off-topic, I'm supposed to be attending a church ladies dinner at a local restaurant. I just find the thought of that, all those portly, chatty, obese ladies ordering things dipped in "I-can't-believe-it's-not-lard" repellant, so I just snuck out and went to the bookstore to use the laptop and read the new magazines.

My SO thinks I need to enlarge my 'circle of friends' for the day they kick the bucket so I won't be alone and isolated, or some hooey.

So, yeah, girltalk - unless it's firearms, I'm bored.
    I'm in love! Tell your SO that he better make you an honest woman or others on this forum will steal you away!!! ;-)

The main reason I go to the OC dinners is to talk to others about guns without their eyes glazing over after 2 minutes.

Sorry to hijack the thread, it is rare to see a unicorn and I can't remember seeing one. I have talked to several people that I later found out were CC-ing though. :-)

Centurion
    Actually that is not me in the picture, my legs are a bit more hairy. I just grabbed a pic of the web of a Kilt.

And Peter Nap enjoying female beauty isn't a perversion it is called testosterone. :-) (now enjoying frilly things may be borderline!)
    Regarding the last sentence---- depends upon who is wearing the "frillies" being enjoyed!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

I shouldn't have opened this thread.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Quote Originally Posted by Riana View Post

Didja ever listen to the girls - OMG what a revelation.

Still like my sweet, little momma said regarding the differences between the sexes - "vive la différence!" - and she said it loud and clear.
    Is my keyboard haunted, or did someone add to my post? I only typed the first line - the other two are someone else's thoughts entirely!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast