Thread: Congress resolution to impeach Obama

Congress resolution to impeach Obama

Because of Obama's record of not supporting the 2nd amendment I feel these references are of interest to the firearms community.

Ten days ago a resolution was submitted in congress to impeach Obama because of his comments that he can take orders from NATO and send troops to war without congressional approval.

Some of you may be interested in the following links.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/...H.CON.RES.107:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...otation_355966

Called all

I called every elected rep for the state of Wisconsin today and asked them to support H Concurrent Resolution 107 Please do the same.

Is this a censure impeachment or a remove from office impeachment?
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Herr Heckler Koch
    The word censure is not used in the bill. Impeachable high crime and misdemeanor is used. What is "censure impeachment," please?

Remove from office or discredit are the range of common meanings.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 03-19-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    The word censure is not used in the bill. Impeachable high crime and misdemeanor is used. What is "censure impeachment," please?

Remove from office or discredit are the range of common meanings.

Look into recent history. They say short term memory is the first to go. Anyway, you were saying?

William J. Clinton; On December 19, following much debate over the constitutionality of the proceedings and whether or not Clinton could be punished by censure rather than impeachment, the House of Representatives held its historic vote. Clinton was impeached on two counts, ...

May not be an actual impeachment, but apparently means something. Not too sure what though.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Herr Heckler Koch
    BJ Clinton and 0bama each have headed the party that proudly promotes the Constitution of the United States as a living breathing document fundamental to the tyranny of men denigrating the rule of law.

http://constitution.hillsdale.edu/ we're in week 5, Separation of Powers: Ensuring Good Government.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 03-19-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Hope they can sneak in the short line to turn him over to USCIS for deportation.

These are the parts of the Constitution referred to in the Resolution 107 2012. I included a couple of excerpts I thought pertinent. I submit them only for information and not to express an opinion.The emphasis is mine. The reason I post this information is: If the president and the sitting democratic party has such utter disregard for the Constitution of the United States, what does that bode for the 2nd amendment during the next four years of a potential Obama presidency?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Article. I.

Section 1.
    All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

Clause 5: The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment

Section. 8.

Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Clause 11: To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
    Last edited by Captain Nemo; 03-19-2012 at 05:02 PM.

The thread title is misleading. This isn't a resolution on impeaching Obama. Notice how his name isn't even mentioned?

It simply states that the use of offensive military action by any President, without the consent of Congress, would constitute a high crime or misdemeanor, which is an impeachable offense.

I guess the government mind-laundries are too busy spreading the pernicious lie that the U.S. is a democracy to teach reading comprehension...

The impeachment process is a separate, two-stage endeavor in which the House of Representatives must vote to impeach, which is essentially like an indictment, and then the Senate must vote to convict.
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 03-19-2012 at 05:08 PM.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    Ignore button activated.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Put the fishing pole away ManInBlack. I'm not taking the bait.

Thumbs up

Sorry to point out the obvious to you.

On another note, I wonder why people post that they put others on "ignore." Aside from the intellectual cowardice of the ostrich position, why would I care?

I'm not going to lose any sleep over the fact that a person dumb enough to use his signature to quote Abraham Lincoln on the subject of Constitutional liberties isn't going to be enlightened by my thoughts...
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 03-19-2012 at 07:04 PM.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Books are overrated; and so is history.