• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congress resolution to impeach Obama

Captain Nemo

Because of Obama's record of not supporting the 2nd amendment I feel these references are of interest to the firearms community.

Ten days ago a resolution was submitted in congress to impeach Obama because of his comments that he can take orders from NATO and send troops to war without congressional approval.

Some of you may be interested in the following links.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:H.CON.RES.107:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...d=ikaajbOEWpk&annotation_id=annotation_355966

H

Herr Heckler Koch

The word censure is not used in the bill. Impeachable high crime and misdemeanor is used. What is "censure impeachment," please?

Remove from office or discredit are the range of common meanings.

Last edited:

bigdaddy1

The word censure is not used in the bill. Impeachable high crime and misdemeanor is used. What is "censure impeachment," please?

Remove from office or discredit are the range of common meanings.

Look into recent history. They say short term memory is the first to go. Anyway, you were saying?

William J. Clinton; On December 19, following much debate over the constitutionality of the proceedings and whether or not Clinton could be punished by censure rather than impeachment, the House of Representatives held its historic vote. Clinton was impeached on two counts, ...

May not be an actual impeachment, but apparently means something. Not too sure what though.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

BJ Clinton and 0bama each have headed the party that proudly promotes the Constitution of the United States as a living breathing document fundamental to the tyranny of men denigrating the rule of law.

http://constitution.hillsdale.edu/ we're in week 5, Separation of Powers: Ensuring Good Government.

Last edited:

jbone

Hope they can sneak in the short line to turn him over to USCIS for deportation.

Captain Nemo

These are the parts of the Constitution referred to in the Resolution 107 2012. I included a couple of excerpts I thought pertinent. I submit them only for information and not to express an opinion.The emphasis is mine. The reason I post this information is: If the president and the sitting democratic party has such utter disregard for the Constitution of the United States, what does that bode for the 2nd amendment during the next four years of a potential Obama presidency?

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Article. I.

Section 1.
All legislative Powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

Clause 5: The House of Representatives shall chuse their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment

Section. 8.

Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Clause 11: To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

Last edited:

ManInBlack

The thread title is misleading. This isn't a resolution on impeaching Obama. Notice how his name isn't even mentioned?

It simply states that the use of offensive military action by any President, without the consent of Congress, would constitute a high crime or misdemeanor, which is an impeachable offense.

I guess the government mind-laundries are too busy spreading the pernicious lie that the U.S. is a democracy to teach reading comprehension...

The impeachment process is a separate, two-stage endeavor in which the House of Representatives must vote to impeach, which is essentially like an indictment, and then the Senate must vote to convict.

Last edited:

ManInBlack

Sorry to point out the obvious to you.

On another note, I wonder why people post that they put others on "ignore." Aside from the intellectual cowardice of the ostrich position, why would I care?

I'm not going to lose any sleep over the fact that a person dumb enough to use his signature to quote Abraham Lincoln on the subject of Constitutional liberties isn't going to be enlightened by my thoughts...

Last edited: