Thread: Fellow Missourians, Please Help Answer Some Simple OC Questions For Me?

Fellow Missourians, Please Help Answer Some Simple OC Questions For Me?

I've recently become interested in Open Carrying, but I just had a few questions about the legality of it in my state, Missouri. First, is it legal it all? Second, is a CCW permit required to do so, or any kind of training for that matter? Third, what is the minimum age requirement to Open Carry? Last, is there anything else I may need to know before I go open carrying? Thanks for your time.

-Teezar

EDIT: I am currently living in PARKVILLE, Missouri, if it matters at all. Once again, thanks.
    Last edited by Teezar; 03-18-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    These interactive maps will give you a bit of a start - others should be along shortly to provide more specific detail.
    http://www.opencarry.org/maps.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    These interactive maps will give you a bit of a start - others should be along shortly to provide more specific detail.
    http://www.opencarry.org/maps.html
    Thanks, much appreciated.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Posting essentially the same the information and/or questions to multiple sub-forums is strongly discouraged.
    Please read Forum Rules

Missouri being the most appropriate sub-forum this thread has been preserved - the others were deleted as redundant.

It's late Sunday night and not many posters are on-line, but be patient, give them a chance and I'm sure the locals will lend you a willing hand.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Missouri has no laws against Open Carry, as long as you are able to possess the firearm. You may possess a handgun at 18. But, localities (cities and counties) are permitted to restrict the open carrying of firearms.

Some cities and counties have passed laws saying that you have to have your CCW endorsement to Open Carry. If you carry there, you wil it. Also, if you go somewhere you should note the penalties are much less harsh if you have your CCW endorsement.

In particular, Parkville has banned Open Carry, and even some forms of CCW the last time I looked. The CCW ordinances are in violation of state preemption, but the OC restrictions are perfectly legal.

There's lots to know, but hanging out here's a good place to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Teezar View Post
    I've recently become interested in Open Carrying, but I just had a few questions about the legality of it in my state, Missouri. First, is it legal it all? Second, is a CCW permit required to do so, or any kind of training for that matter? Third, what is the minimum age requirement to Open Carry? Last, is there anything else I may need to know before I go open carrying? Thanks for your time.

-Teezar

EDIT: I am currently living in PARKVILLE, Missouri, if it matters at all. Once again, thanks.