• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where can I find the right holster?

sweetnsauer

Hey folks,

I have a Sig-Sauer P-250 9mm... it's the new design full-size compact; not the old design or sub. I have a holster that fits the gun pretty good. However, I just acquired a Streamlight TLR-3 tactical flashlight. I love it! With my night sights (that come factory on the gun) and this light I have a super deadly night-capable weapon. Problem is, I'm having hell finding a holster that will properly fit the gun + light! :cry:

Does anyone know where I can get a holster that will fit properly?

Regards,

Aaron

VA Big E

I was going to suggest a custom holster from D M Bullard, but i just checked his website and he posted that he is behind on his custom orders. I bought the dual carry holster for my sp101 w 3-1/16" barrel and it fits like a glove. It took 12 wks but was worth waiting for.

MamaLiberty

Make your own

Just found this site. http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/ The neat part is that he makes "kits" so you can build your own at far less cost. If that's a consideration, take a look. He's interested in hearing from people who want holsters he doesn't currently make... and he's planning on offering lots more as time goes by. He also sells gun belts and kits to make your own. A great deal!

kemo

Find a guy that makes leather accessories and see if they can make you a holster. I found one locally here where I live, maybe you can find one near you.

Dreamer

Unfortunately, the simple fact is that finding the "perfect holster" is like finding the "perfect car" or the "perfect stereo system" or the "perfect pizza".

There is no such thing, and you will spend rest of your life in pursuit of this elusive creature. It can be a frustrating, expensive, time-consuming, and sometimes even fun and rewarding experience, but the sad fact is that the only "perfect holster" is one that is constructed out of "unobtanium"... :rolleyes:

11B2O

I know what you mean. I have a Glock 23 with trijicon night sights and a Streamlight TRL-1S with strobe function. Its a great set up if something were to happen at night time while I'm carrying. I bought my holster from armordillo concealment. They make custom kydex holsters. You can get a great amount of customization options for their holsters which I love. I have my holster set up from there so that I am able to keep my taclight attached to my Glock. Better yet, it's practically 3 holsters in one. I have belt loops on mine so I can carry it OWB, but you can get clips to turn it into an IWB holster and you can also get the MOLLE attachments so you can put it on a vest or MOLLE kit. Awesome product in my opinion.

merc460

Just found this site. http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/ The neat part is that he makes "kits" so you can build your own at far less cost. If that's a consideration, take a look. He's interested in hearing from people who want holsters he doesn't currently make... and he's planning on offering lots more as time goes by. He also sells gun belts and kits to make your own. A great deal!

There are hardly any holsters on the market for my carry firearm, and this is route I am taking... sorta. I went to a local leather shop and bought a piece of leather and two belt clips. I hit Ebay and got the Kydex. I already have the hardware, but it can be bought from leather stores or from McMaster-Carr. For $25 bucks, I have enough stuff to make two holsters. I plan to copy the Crossbreed Super Tuck for my Makarov.

11B2O

I know what you mean. I have a Glock 23 with trijicon night sights and a Streamlight TRL-1S with strobe function. Its a great set up if something were to happen at night time while I'm carrying. I bought my holster from armordillo concealment. They make custom kydex holsters. You can get a great amount of customization options for their holsters which I love. I have my holster set up from there so that I am able to keep my taclight attached to my Glock. Better yet, it's practically 3 holsters in one. I have belt loops on mine so I can carry it OWB, but you can get clips to turn it into an IWB holster and you can also get the MOLLE attachments so you can put it on a vest or MOLLE kit. Awesome product in my opinion.

Sorry, forgot to add the link to it lol. http://www.armordilloconcealment.com/