• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATK Secures .40 Caliber Ammo Contract with DHS, ICE. WSJ Market Watch 03/12

H

Herr Heckler Koch

https://secure.marketwatch.com/stor...ement-dhs-ice-2012-03-12?reflink=MW_news_stmp
WSJ said:
--ATK Wins Five-Year, Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity Contract for .40 Caliber Ammunition from DHS, ICE --Additional .40 Caliber Ammunition Contract with 450 Million Round Potential Demonstrates ATK's Leadership in Ammunition Manufacturing. [ ... ] ATK was the incumbent and won the contract with its HST bullet, which has proven itself in the field. The special hollow point effectively passes through a variety of barriers and holds its jacket in the toughest conditions. HST is engineered for 100-percent weight retention, limits collateral damage, and avoids over-penetration.

https://thecentristpoint.wordpress....-450-million-rounds-of-40-caliber-ammunition/
Centrist Point said:
Why Did The DHS Just Order 450 Million Rounds Of .40 Caliber Ammunition? The Department of Homeland security has just executed an order for enough rounds of 40 caliber ammunition to kill every man, woman and child in the United States.
Gun control through supply and demand economic control.

Gil223

The Department of Homeland security has just executed an order for enough rounds of 40 caliber ammunition to kill every man, woman and child in the United States.
:shocker:

Maybe that's the plan... and they'd still have 150,000,000 rounds to play with. :eek: Pax...

Dreamer

First, I have to wonder WHY the "Department of Education" felt a need for combat-ready riot shotguns. Are the kids in Chicago that dangerous?

You're obviously not familiar with the Chicago public school system...:uhoh:

Gil223

DHS Is Not Just Increasing Their .40cal Stockpile...

Here's a related little something extra from BusinessInsider.com -
We've also learned that the Department has an open bid for a stockpile of rifle ammo. Listed on the federal business opportunities network, they're looking for up to 175 million rounds of .223 caliber ammo to be exact. The .223 is almost exactly the same round used by NATO forces, the 5.56 x 45mm.

The deadline for earlier this month was extended because the right contractor just hadn't come along.

Looks like the Department of Homeland Security means business.
:shocker:

These are military sized ammo requirements! Is DHS/ICE expecting an invasion?
Pax...

Daylen

Here's a related little something extra from BusinessInsider.com - :shocker:

These are military sized ammo requirements! Is DHS/ICE expecting an invasion?
Pax...

First, ICE is dealing with a constant invasion by hostile forces. Second, what does military sized mean? The number of federal agents that are issued weapons in DHS is enormous and they are another one of the illegal federal armies, so why what would you expect? Third, its not alot of ammo for DOD...

Gil223

First, ICE is dealing with a constant invasion by hostile forces. Second, what does military sized mean? The number of federal agents that are issued weapons in DHS is enormous and they are another one of the illegal federal armies, so why what would you expect? Third, its not alot of ammo for DOD...

First: Probably 99.9% of the ICE agents never fire their gun other than for qualification. (If they do shoot an "invader" they are liable to be sent to prison - as were BPAs Campeon and Ramos, for shooting that drug dealer in the buttocks. Their conviction and incarceration in that case has had a serious "chilling effect" on the Border Patrol and ICE.)

Second: Military sized - as I used it - means large enough to satisfy the needs of a military force, perhaps up to and including Battalion level. What was so difficult to understand about that? If all 170,000 DHS personnel were pistol-packing LE's (which they aren't), 450,000,000 rounds of ammo would provide each one with 2,647.1 rounds. With the exception of MG crews and (possibly) M249 SAW operators, none of our individual military personnel carries anywhere near that amount of ammunition. And 170,000 people is almost three times the number of our military personnel deployed in Afghanistan and Iraq combined.

Third: The Department of Homeland Security consists of the following agencies:
Customs and Border Protection (armed but impotent)
Federal Emergency Management Agency (we can only hope that they aren't armed)
Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Transportation Security Administration (includes Federal Air Marshals)
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
U.S. Coast Guard
U.S. Secret Service
Office of Inspector General (Probably unarmed when not performing inspections)

I could find no statistics on any of the individual agency's LE or administrative/support manning, so who has what and how many is a moot point. We could guess, but why bother?

My point being, that it is an outrageous amount of ammunition for any agency outside of our military. The DHS is NOT the DOD. Some elected official in D.C. must own stock in the Federal Cartridge Company. Pax...

Last edited:

j4l

Have you found any comparison between this contract vs. those contracts with any other Federal Agencies- F.B.I., etc, to know whether this is terribly outside the norm?
I doubt there's any conspiracy here (the Black Helos happen to be grounded , for the moment), but they may be allocating enough ammunition to equip their officers and agents across serveral different agencies, nation-wide, including use for training.

Or, who knows? Maybe they got some solid intel on an imminent invasion by the U.N.'s massive Legions of Death, supported by simultaneous invasions by Russia, Mexico and Canada, all in an effort to conceal the real story behind the U.F.O.s and the plot to impliment a One Currency worldwide..:banghead: :banghead:

Gil223

Have you found any comparison between this contract vs. those contracts with any other Federal Agencies- F.B.I., etc, to know whether this is terribly outside the norm? I doubt there's any conspiracy here (the Black Helos happen to be grounded , for the moment), but they may be allocating enough ammunition to equip their officers and agents across serveral different agencies, nation-wide, including use for training.

No, but please feel free to do that kind of time-consuming research yourself. (I see black helos daily here - I live very close to a small airport where they teach people to fly fixed wing aircraft and choppers - of which some are black.)

Or, who knows? Maybe they got some solid intel on an imminent invasion by the U.N.'s massive Legions of Death, supported by simultaneous invasions by Russia, Mexico and Canada, all in an effort to conceal the real story behind the U.F.O.s and the plot to impliment a One Currency worldwide..:banghead: :banghead:

Yeah... that's undoubtedly it. :rolleyes: Pax...

P.S. DHS published total manpower of 170,000 is enough to dispatch 3,400 to each of the 50 states... and they're hiring more. Not even a tiny bit worried?

Last edited:

j4l

No, but please feel free to do that kind of time-consuming research yourself. (I see black helos daily here - I live very close to a small airport where they teach people to fly fixed wing aircraft and choppers - of which some are black.)

Yeah... that's undoubtedly it. :rolleyes: Pax...

P.S. DHS published total manpower of 170,000 is enough to dispatch 3,400 to each of the 50 states... and they're hiring more. Not even a tiny bit worried?

Not in the least. Mostly from the perspective of knowing more than a few active, mid-level and and even senior-level DHS and ICE agents very personally, and going back many years (prior to their employment with these agencies) as collegues, fellow troops, and co-workers.
I can say this much- they've seen this, and other such comments like these above- and laugh to the point of nearly wetting their pants. No matter what some yahoos at the Upper tiers of such agencies may contemplate or even fantasize about, the reality remains that the agencies themselves are in such dis-array, internally, that they would be hard-pressed to organize anything more nefarious than a bake sale on the best of days.
The ways in which many agents are utilized, deployed, etc. on a day-to-day basis is so overwhelmingly backwards, contradictory and micro-managed would make such concerns out-right laughable.
They often comment on the possibility of writing, and trying to produce a television Sitcom on the realities of it all, once they retire-or as is more likely the case in the current budget-get forcibly retired..

No, the reality is that most of their days are almost entirely consumed with activities pertaining to hiding/dodging "the man", trying to look as busy as possible, and covering their asses from some of the most mundane, petty and idiotic in-house policies to focus very much attention on John Q. Public. Like most working folks these days-at any level- most are just trudging along trying to "their job" and ,hopefully, make it to the next pay check.

And FEMA? really? lol. Ask a lot of the hurricane/tornado victims in the last serveral years if the folks at FEMA have the ability to find thier way to and from the nearest men's room, much less be of any significant assistance following a disaster, much less rounding us up to put us in detention camps as so many whackaloons theorize about..

Daylen

3000 rounds a year is not alot. That is only a box of 250 each month, so one trip to the range a month for practice.

Gil223

And FEMA? really? lol. Ask a lot of the hurricane/tornado victims in the last serveral years if the folks at FEMA have the ability to find thier way to and from the nearest men's room, much less be of any significant assistance following a disaster, much less rounding us up to put us in detention camps as so many whackaloons theorize about..

Which is exactly why my post says: "Federal Emergency Management Agency (we can only hope that they aren't armed)" (additional emph added). FEMA is about as useful and productive as the U.N. :shocker: Pax...