Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ministers

Ministers

If you would see an ordained minister open carrying, what would be you opinion on it? Is it appropriate?
    Personally, I think it's OK. I just want other opinions.

Are ministers human beings? If so, they have an inherent, natural right to armed self-defense.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

It is as appropriate for them as anyone else. I know several personally who carry, but they will only OC in the country, not in town, making a personal sacrifice to avoid stumbling those with weaker consciences.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I think this is more a question of hypocrisy. If he's the type that preaches pacifism....

Otherwise, hell naw, that's awesome.
    Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
    ---
    Carry On

OC is just carrying a tool. Even if he was a pacifist (though Jesus was not, assuming we talking about a Christian minister), a minister has as much right to defend himself against a literal dog on the street as anybody else.

Indeed, I raise the argument that a person is MORE likely to defend himself against a dog than a human in many places.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

If he was a Christian minister, I'd think he was a minister who acknowledged the presence of evil and/or people with evil in their hearts and mayhem on their minds.

mbogo

It's funny how times change. There was a time, in this country, when taking your gun to church was required by law. Now we wonder if minsiters/reverends should OC?

I don't believe there is anything in the bible that teaches pacifism or being a victim.

Ask Rollbar. ;o)
    Last edited by FallonJeeper; 03-19-2012 at 01:46 PM.
    Hoka hey

There is a thread on TFL by user "Amsdorf" on just that, he has a Utube talk about it too.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481480

If you can't figure out from the post or video, "Amsdorf" is an LCMS Lutheran pastor.

It does not surprise me one bit that a confessional Lutheran pastor would carry...My dad was one.

He said "Turning the other cheek" is not about legitimate self-defense, but about accepting persecution precisely because of the fact that you are confessing your Faith. Some Christian pacifists do not, and refuse to, understand this point."

Very good points!
    Hoka hey

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
    If you would see an ordained minister open carrying, what would be you opinion on it? Is it appropriate?
    Personally, I think it's OK. I just want other opinions.
    I would like to see Ministers, Priests and Rabbis preaching from the pulpit that the congregation should arm itself and take responsibility for defending themselves, their families, their churches and communities...

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

I am a Minister in Fallon (as Fallon Jeeper pointed out) and carry a Colt .45 1911. On Thursday I am picking up my Glock 19 to carry as well.

I might even carry both at one time

I lived in Miami when the riots broke out and carried then for protection.

I Hunt, Fish, Jeep, Camp and Shoot, my kids do as well (23, 25, 26) and we have fun at it and would like to shoot w/you all sometime, time permitting.

My son OC's and we are going in May to get our CCW of which I will carry full time (well 98%)/more than I do now in certain cases (i.e. Stumbling block to others).

Question is: Do I really want to shoot someone, no, no one does, but I have been in situations whereas I feared for my life more than one time. We must be prepared in all aspects, wether biblical, or physical, for protection of our Soul, or Families etc.

God said thou shalt not Kill, = murder. We must be 100% sure when we draw because the point of no return is at hand most of the time.

(Flame on ) I am not an advocate of one in the chamber (that's just me, and if you want to, that is up to you, I won't preach to you on it. Ask Fallon Jeeper, he told me and I didn't mind) unless I am in a really bad place (yes they all can be bad), but I want that extra thought of.........Do I really want to kill someone in a conflict. Racking a round might get me shot once, but I does give me that chance to think one more second.
    Plus, if I die, I'm not worried, I'm going to Heaven because I follow the Bible 100% in context and I preach it the same way, and ask people to look it up for themselves cause I put my pants on the same way you all do. I will explain, but ask for them/others to look it up.

So, I think, and will tell people, that it is ok to OC or CCW. God said to obey the laws of the land and render unto Caesar what is Caesars, if we do that, then we will be ok.

Enough preaching, sorry

I think I can CCW wearing something like this

(Flame On - Just for you guys, hahaha/be nice now)

Just a few pics, yes my wife likes me to wear colors.

Last edited by Rollbar; 03-19-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Thumbs up

^Nice threads. For a minute, I thought you might be a preacher in the Church of Pimpology!

Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    ^Nice threads. For a minute, I thought you might be a preacher in the Church of Pimpology!

HA, now that was funny.

Answer-no

The hat does kind of give it away, only worn it a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollbar View Post
    I am a Minister in Fallon (as Fallon Jeeper pointed out) and carry a Colt .45 1911. On Thursday I am picking up my Glock 19 to carry as well.

I might even carry both at one time

I lived in Miami when the riots broke out and carried then for protection.

I Hunt, Fish, Jeep, Camp and Shoot, my kids do as well (23, 25, 26) and we have fun at it and would like to shoot w/you all sometime, time permitting.

My son OC's and we are going in May to get our CCW of which I will carry full time (well 98%)/more than I do now in certain cases (i.e. Stumbling block to others).

Question is: Do I really want to shoot someone, no, no one does, but I have been in situations whereas I feared for my life more than one time. We must be prepared in all aspects, wether biblical, or physical, for protection of our Soul, or Families etc.

God said thou shalt not Kill, = murder. We must be 100% sure when we draw because the point of no return is at hand most of the time.

(Flame on ) I am not an advocate of one in the chamber (that's just me, and if you want to, that is up to you, I won't preach to you on it. Ask Fallon Jeeper, he told me and I didn't mind) unless I am in a really bad place (yes they all can be bad), but I want that extra thought of.........Do I really want to kill someone in a conflict. Racking a round might get me shot once, but I does give me that chance to think one more second.
    Plus, if I die, I'm not worried, I'm going to Heaven because I follow the Bible 100% in context and I preach it the same way, and ask people to look it up for themselves cause I put my pants on the same way you all do. I will explain, but ask for them/others to look it up.

So, I think, and will tell people, that it is ok to OC or CCW. God said to obey the laws of the land and render unto Caesar what is Caesars, if we do that, then we will be ok.

Enough preaching, sorry

I think I can CCW wearing something like this

(Flame On - Just for you guys, hahaha/be nice now)

Just a few pics, yes my wife likes me to wear colors.

May I have a minor laugh at your (and my dad's expense).. If my dad was working his farm and had to get a repair part for a piece of farm equipment, changing the oil on his car or whatever, if he had to go to town my mom would make him clean up change into a suit...I loved that blaimed it on your wife...My experience,,,you bet it's your wife...
    Last edited by hermannr; 03-19-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Hahhaha.

Ha, I am an ordained minister and an atheist and I OC lol. I got ordained to show that organized religion these days is a joke. I can perform pretty much any religious task that any "real" minister can. So if you want a secular wedding hit me up, cheap and I will OC!

Jesus said you can't serve two masters (Matthew 6:24), and I'm not trying to turn this post into a religious debate etc.

All you did was buy a piece of paper w/a title on it as I gather from your post.

But I two would OC while doing a wedding if the Bride/Groom wanted.

Thanks, Rollbar. I agree with your thoughts.

Tbg,

This. A thousand times this. I am not a big spiritual person, but I'd be more receptive to the idea if this was the case.
    Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express
    ---
    Carry On

28kfps
    Being an atheist and ordained to show organized religion is a joke is like a drug lord passing the bar exam becoming a lawyer to show our legal system is a joke. It is the objective of the person with the title not the title.

I know several Christians that joined the atheist movement to show being an atheist is a joke. (Ok, not really just a little humor) that is me knowing Christians that joined the atheist movement.
    Last edited by 28kfps; 03-20-2012 at 12:38 AM.

Guns do not scare me. People with imaginary friends scare the crap out of me!

28kfps
    Quote Originally Posted by greengum View Post
    Guns do not scare me. People with imaginary friends scare the crap out of me!
    Amen!! to that.

I did just buy a piece of paper with a title on it but I can legally perform marriages because of this piece of paper. Showing organized religion is a joke was not my full motive for getting ordained. What is a joke is that a lot of religious people would rather fight against gay marriage because it ruins the sanctity of marriage and fighting abortion but because of this title I bought I can start my own church and be recognized by the government to do so. To me that is far more destructive to religion than gay marriage and abortion.

Sorry for the religious stuff, also not trying to make it a debate. To keep this about OC, would I be looked down on if I tried to OC in a church? (I know I said I'm an atheist but I like to know both sides)

Never thought of it that way, good point to consider-seems deception is your main motive as was satans in Gen 3:4 when he added one little word to change God's word.

That word was "not".
    Then the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die.

And you are right, only the Govt recognizes your man made religion, not God.

And yes, organized religion is a joke, IF it is not of God and His will.

I'm glad you replied and said what you said-I really never thought of it that way, although 1 John/Peter (books and other scripture) talk about false teachers, and for us to READ THE BOOK FOR OURSELVES and OBEY so we don't get condemned on That Day-The Day of Judgement.

I always tell the congregation and those who listen to my radio show to READ THE BOOK (Bible)!!!

2 Peter 3:16- as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.

P.S. I'm not mad at you or anything like that, nor agree that you are trying to start a debate.

Thanks,
    Jim

My current minister at the church we are going to carries. He said he does because one time he was robbed one Sunday while he was preaching...
    IT is better to have a gun on you and NOT need it, than to need a gun and NOT have it on you...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast