• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UN Small Arms Treaty

tonnere

I just got a call from The Second Amendment Foundation of which I am a lifetime member. The Treaty to ban small arms, rifles, and ammunition in the US is being put before the senate and is supported by Obama and H. Clinton. They seek to disarm Americans with unilateral/international support. Obama may even issue Executive orders if this doesn't get Senate support. Please call your senators now.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

They seek to disarm Americans with unilateral/international support. Obama may even issue Executive orders if this doesn't get Senate support. Please call your senators now.
Hog wash. It's a scare scam.
Why do y'all keep tryin' to put off the inevitable - if it is inevitable? Will our offspring, products of The Army of One training, be better prepared than we to water the tree of liberty? Did they even learn of this tree or of the crack in Liberty's Bell?

Last edited:

FallonJeeper

ObamaCare was thought to be hog wash once.

This "letter" "phone call" has been going around since 2010. It's unfounded.

ObamaCare on the other hand is also hog wash. I have my doubts it will ever happen. Let's hope it gets repealed. We, the people, still need to be able to choose, even when it comes to health care.

Last edited:

223to45

I just got a call from The Second Amendment Foundation of which I am a lifetime member. The Treaty to ban small arms, rifles, and ammunition in the US is being put before the senate and is supported by Obama and H. Clinton. They seek to disarm Americans with unilateral/international support. Obama may even issue Executive orders if this doesn't get Senate support. Please call your senators now.

How is it being put to the senate?? The last I remember the UN was not even meeting until this summer.

nobama

I dont see it happening, dont get me wrong. Obama, Clinton,and his anti American csarzs would love for it to happen,but they would need a 2/3 vote to change the Constitution and that would be a nail in the coffins of alot of elected officials. If Obozo pulled the stops out and declared it constitutional to go ahead with it then that would be the fate of his regime. MMM, maybe he should try.

Beretta92FSLady

This Small Arms Treaty is like a turd in a toilette that just keeps floating to the top of threads every month-or-so.

OP's welcome to the forum though. This is a great place to have discussions.

tonnere

The White House is attacking the Bill of Rights. They threaten the 1st ammendment with healthcare mandates on religious orginizations. They threaten the 2nd ammendment with gun walker programs. Eminent domain issues are popping up all over, EPA regulations threaten our way of life. Obama Care violates the Commerce Clause in the Constituion. I'm just asking my brothers and sisters to be proactive and stay a step ahead. How do the Bloombergs, Daleys, Jerry Browns keep showing up in positions of power? Apathy.

Beretta92FSLady

(1)The White House is attacking the Bill of Rights. (2)They threaten the 1st ammendment with healthcare mandates on religious orginizations. They threaten the 2nd ammendment with gun walker programs. Eminent domain issues are popping up all over, EPA regulations threaten our way of life.(3)Obama Care violates the Commerce Clause in the Constituion. I'm just asking my brothers and sisters to be proactive and stay a step ahead. How do the Bloombergs, Daleys, Jerry Browns keep showing up in positions of power? Apathy.

Welcome to the forum.

(1)Continue; how is the White House attacking the Bill of Rights?

(2)Once Religious organizations enter the realm of private business, they ought to be subject to the same requirements. So, Religious organizations either continue to be Religious or decide to be a business. As far as I am concerned Religious organizations are business, and ought to be treated as such.

(3)That's funny, I thought SCOTUS hasn't mad a Finding yet regarding the Health Care Law. Are you connected to a source the rest of us aren't?

No, they keep showing up in Power because they are voted in. If it is apathy, the interesting thing is Republicans are the apathetic ones, since they keep losing those offices due to low voter turn-out in those areas of the Country.

***I know it won;t be enough but...I found something for you:

"
The Obama administration is offering to expand the number of faith-based groups that can be exempt from a controversial contraception mandate and proposing that third-party companies administer coverage for self-insured faith-based groups at no cost.
At its heart, the newest offer from the White House would allow religious groups — dioceses, denominations and others — to decide which affiliated institutions are "religious" and therefore exempt from the new requirement that employers offer free contraception coverage as part of employee insurance plans."

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/lifestyle/53755690-80/religious-groups-coverage-catholic.html.csp

Last edited:

gunns

You can argue this until the cows really do come home. The fact is everything is changing, if you don't see it, its because it accumulating over years and years of change. Obama's is just making it more efficient to do what ever he wants without approval of the Senate or Congress. Last year there were over 70,000 pages of new regulations written, but not too many were signed off by the Senate, that is also a violation of law, but the get away with it by saying its a rule, not a law.

The problem is we have a corrupt government, doesn't matter what side, dem, indep, rep, or what ever, they all have compromised honor and truth for position and power. Better to vote all non-incumbent come November, replace them all.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Last year there were over 70,000 pages of new regulations written, but not too many were signed off by the Senate, that is also a violation of law, but the get away with it by saying its a rule, not a law.

This is nothing new. Congress creates agencies with the power to enforce rules in a broad range, and then those rules are created arbitrarily by the executive branch.

For instance, marijuana isn't a schedule 1 substance because Congress passed a law, but rather because some bureaucrat (or rather a very evil person by the name of Nixon) made an arbitrary decision.

Not saying I condone this mode of operation, but attaching it uniquely to Obama does a disservice to those of us who oppose the thing itself rather than just Obama, as it's an explicit part of the separation of powers -- one which happens to have been abused since day one.

Obama has come and will go, but this executive power will remain. Will you honestly be criticizing its very existence once it is being again wielded by a "republican"? Were you criticizing its exercise by Bush?

Or are you just parroting something some partisan hack said?

I ask not because the rest of your post was particularly partisan, only because the assignation of wielding of the executive power to make rules uniquely to Obama reeks of partisan rhetoric.

That said, I agree wholeheartedly with the rest:

The problem is we have a corrupt government, doesn't matter what side, dem, indep, rep, or what ever, they all have compromised honor and truth for position and power. Better to vote all non-incumbent come November, replace them all.

I agree. Vote 'em all out. Never vote for the incumbent.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

We have had a corrupt government for the last hundred years, maybe more.

Sortition: Theory and Practice, Oliver Dowlen (Sortition and Public Policy)
Publication Date: August 1, 2010 | ISBN-10: 1845401999 | ISBN-13: 978-1845401993
This volume reflects the up-and-coming academic interest in sortition. It is based on contributions to the first international conference dedicated to the subject held at the University of Political Science (Sciences-Po) in Paris in November 2008. The papers explore important theoretical questions such as how we should recognise and define differing lottery forms; the relationship between sortition and different aspects and forms of democracy; and its potential benefits to current political and commercial practice.
http://www.amazon.com/Sortition-The...1999/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332273853&sr=8-1

Redbaron007

This Small Arms Treaty is like a turd in a toilette that just keeps floating to the top of threads every month-or-so.

OP's welcome to the forum though. This is a great place to have discussions.

Agree! I received an scaremail the other day preaching Reid was bringing it to the floor for a vote, today. It wasn't true.

Gil223

We know what's in the White House and what fills the entire administration... left-wing radicals whose goal is to remake our Republic in their image. Some seem to think it is beyond the realm of possibility that our 'government' would look for a backdoor to infringing on our RTKBA. I am not one of those. Hillary has committed us, at least in a small degree, to supporting the U.N.'s agenda. And, if you have seen the huge sculpture outside the U.N. Headquarters (Colt Python with a knot tied in the barrel), you know what their attitude is toward our Second Amendment. An excerpt from an October, 2009 Reuters report:
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the United States would support the talks as long as the negotiating forum, the so-called Conference on the Arms Trade Treaty, "operates under the rules of consensus decision-making."

"Consensus is needed to ensure the widest possible support for the Treaty and to avoid loopholes in the Treaty that can be exploited by those wishing to export arms irresponsibly," Clinton said in a written statement.

At least it is conditional upon a "consensus". Details are available at: http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/10/15/us-arms-usa-treaty-idUSTRE59E0Q920091015

"How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." They can destroy our Constitution the same way, and their appetites are insatiable. :uhoh: Pax...

Last edited:

Gil223

Here's a bit more about the U.N. Small Arms Treaty, which I received in a NAGR email this morning, Mar 24, 2012. In the interest of bandwidth preservation it's just a selected excerpt, and not the entire email:
“The hidden agenda of a lot of the people who sought to negotiate a small arms treaty really had less to do with reducing dangers internationally and a lot more to do with creating a framework for gun control statutes at the national level,” said former UN Ambassador John Bolton.

The official documents of the UN Office for Disarmament Affairs substantiate Ambassador Bolton’s predictions. Disguised as an “International Arms Control Treaty” to fight against “terrorism,” “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates,” the UN’s Small Arms Treaty is the same old gun control on a global scale.

If passed by the UN and ratified by the U.S. Senate, the UN “Small Arms Treaty” would almost certainly force the United States to enact new firearms licensing requirements.

It would also require the U.S. to confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms, ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons and create an international gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.

Ultimately, the clear goal is to give UN bureaucrats sweeping power to restrict your Second Amendment rights.

I know nothing more about the subject than that which has been reported in the media and the gun rights groups, but (if drafted, approved and ratified) it does seem to present an imminent threat. :uhoh: Thoughts, ideas or comments? Pax...

Last edited: