• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Intruder Shot by home owner Southern Albemarle County

swatpro911

I did not read anywhere about the homeowner getting charged with the shooting... a good thing...!!

But also did not read anything to where the shooting was required. In other words did the homeless guy make a move to threaten the life of the home owner? Just thinking out load.

Rule of thumb here... do not walk into another man's house uninvited!!

Do you think its justified shooting? If the intruder had some form or type of weapon and the owner had no way of retreating him/her self from danger then YES but I think its still a mystery....

Mayhem

Do you think its justified shooting? If the intruder had some form or type of weapon and the owner had no way of retreating him/her self from danger then YES but I think its still a mystery....

It is not possible for me to give you an opinion on if it was justified. I have way too many unanswered questions.

As to the second part it is a common sense statement. If an armed intruder enters your home and you cannot get away............. you have little option but to take the steps necessary to protect your life.

This is where you play what-if games and decide ahead of time what you would do and you can second guess yourself on the possible outcomes.