Thread: Ky. gets a C- in Corruption Risk. Number 18 out of 50 in the US

Ky. gets a C- in Corruption Risk. Number 18 out of 50 in the US

I found this in the Va. forum and thought it was interesting. I went to the website and looked up KY. Very interesting stats. No wonder we have so much resistance to OC in some places. They are corrupt. Surprise, surprise. By the way, Va. got an F and 47th in the US.

http://www.stateintegrity.org/kentucky

I think there is something wrong with that poll, New Jersey gets first place at 87%? And Illinois gets a 74% ?

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
    I think there is something wrong with that poll, New Jersey gets first place at 87%? And Illinois gets a 74% ?
    Yes, NJ is No.1. You'll have to read the story to understand what it is all about. It has nothing to do with how corrupt the officials actually are, just how well equipped each state is to detect corruption. NJ must be very able to detect corrupt officials, because they do it so frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
    Yep, in NJ and IL, they detect corruption all the time...it's just considered a normal part of doing business.

Meanwhile, the sheeple who continue to vote in the corrupt politicians continue to receive precisely the government they deserve.

Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

As a former resident of Illinois, I have to come to their defense.

They can only vote for people willing to run for office. The entire political system is corrupt in Illinois on both sides.