• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sb59

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQ

I can't control what people do....I will keep my word and I won't be posting about it until tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

xmanhockey7

This is what Michigan Students for Concealed Carry said when I posted the link to their status about Sb 59.

Xander - what you've posted is essentially the case. We expect to be able to talk about this openly by the end of tomorrow.

Needless to say, we're excited about this. We HAVE seen the full copy of the bill. It's a very, very long bill - there are an enormous number of provisions far above the ones listed above. We haven't gone through all the language with a fine-tooth comb yet, but we've been in touch with the legislative staffers and seen summaries of the bill - all of which check out.

For our purposes, this is definitely something that gives us what we want.

We WILL have a chance to make our voices heard on this issue, so it's extremely important that everyone stay tuned. We won't have a lot of notice on the committee hearing time, and we need to do everything we can to pack that room.

TheQ

We do need to pack the room. It's planned to be heard on Thursday at 8:30 AM in Lansing. I can't guarantee the agenda won't change between now and then -- but I'd appreciate the mere attendance of those who can attend.

TheQ

I cant remember the #, bit the one to eliminate PFZs that was introduced last year.

SB 58, you mean.

We expect this one to be heard this Thursday in front of the Senate Natural Resources Committee. I'll be there on behalf of MOC. Brady will be there on behalf of MCRGO. Both orgs will support the bill.

Packing the room with gun owners would help the cause a lot. Let's all do our best.

Last edited:

TheQ

hey Q I'm having trouble finding who the members of that committee are. Is Senate leader Randy Richardville one of them?

At this point in time we aren't asking anyone to make contact with any committee members. Stay tuned, that may change shortly.

detroit_fan

At this point in time we aren't asking anyone to make contact with any committee members. Stay tuned, that may change shortly.

OK.

I recently(within last month) contacted Randy since he is my state senator and the senate leader to ask him for some positive 2A legislation this session and he relied back-

"I have always supported the right to bear arms and as an adamant Second Amendment supporter, I’ve long championed efforts to uphold (and restore) gun owners’ rights. I am still working with my colleagues on changing the laws in regards to concealed weapons. We are making this issue a priority for 2012. It is a very important issue for myself and many others in my caucus. I appreciate your continued interest in this matter."

so hopefully this has his support too

Haman J.T.

Looks pretty good so far.
Except for training for a seperate license(more red tape control)!
With a CPL,we can already carry in PFZs!We do not need seperate license and training to do this.We just need the law to eliminate CC restrictions.It's that simple.But we are talking about the government being simple!NOT!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.