• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sb59

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainless1911

Banned
Believe me, I'm on your side here. This is just, IMO a stepping stone. It won't affect me directly anyhow, but if it helps to restore someones rights, I'm in.

It could very well mean that a person could CC where they otherwise would have been asked to leave, ie. Waterford Schools, or a bar, hospital etc... That means they have a chance of defending themselves when otherwise they would have been unarmed. We'll get constitutional carry, and OC/Transport eventually. Just keep pluggin' away at it.

insanebuddy720

this will affect me seeing as how i am a delivery driver for a local pizza shop and often deliver to the bar having to disarm first.

TheQ

CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!

A Call to action by MOC President Phillip Hofmeister.

The email (linked above) includes drafts of the bill.

CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!CALL TO ACTION!

WilDChilD

A Call to action by MOC President Phillip Hofmeister.

The email (linked above) includes drafts of the bill.

Where would a person that has never been to the Capitol before park and meet up with you. I would like to go but don't want to walk around like I don't know what I'm doing. And what about carry? Oc or cc would both be fine correct?

griffin

If I can post details, I will. I've posted more than my legislative handlers would have allowed me so far to this point.

I have read the bill...that's pretty much the high points.
I think you might have misunderstood me. I meant if you post the details of the committee hearing (time, date, location), not details of the bill (which you already did).

TheQ

I think you might have misunderstood me. I meant if you post the details of the committee hearing (time, date, location), not details of the bill (which you already did).

The address is in my latest action alert email. So is the date and time.

TheQ

Where would a person that has never been to the Capitol before park and meet up with you. I would like to go but don't want to walk around like I don't know what I'm doing. And what about carry? Oc or cc would both be fine correct?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.731887,-84.55547&num=1&t=m&z=19

There is a garage that has an entrance there (total walk 1.5 blocks). Not to be confused with the (privately owned) garage that has the entrance here:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.732586,-84.55433&num=1&t=m&z=19

...WHICH BANS GUNS!

Last edited:

TheQ

And what about carry? Oc or cc would both be fine correct?

Carry style is a personal choice. I will be concealing. Far be it for the President of MOC to tell people to not Open Carry. If you asked me which way to carry on this particular occasion, I'd say concealed would be preferable.

TheQ

Why would the president of Mich Open Carry be concealing? o_0

Personal choice and personal judgement what is best for each given situation. I don't oppose concealed carry -- I don't say OC is the only way. I say OC is the best way for me in MOST situations.

I don't OC while lobbying -- sometimes when I take off my suit coat I am doing a Virginia tuck. Personal choice.

PDinDetroit

I support this bill.

I will not be able to make the meeting due to prior commitments (I will be presenting a System Architecture Design to a Global Architecture Review Committee).

TheQ

I support this bill.

I will not be able to make the meeting due to prior commitments (I will be presenting a System Architecture Design to a Global Architecture Review Committee).

I understand -- it's short notice. I know I can count on you for a few emails though ;)

xmanhockey7

I support this bill.

Psshhhh is that all? Sounds like a 2nd grader could do that for you! Kidding of course!! I have to actually go to class on thursday so I can't make it either :(

TheQ

I have forwarded your Call To Action to all of my pro-gun contacts. Hopefully we can get them to pass it along as well.

Bronson

Thank you! It's great when people like you will not only call but will pass the word on to others as well.

For my part, I will wake up early on my week off, and visit the Farnum building where I will hand deliver 4 hand-written notes to these Senators.

NHCGRPR45

Why would the president of Mich Open Carry be concealing? o_0[/QUOTE Yup good question.

Does this make us a "may issue" state again? If the sheriff has the soul vote then why wouldn't he just start saying no again? Sure he may have to pay out some cash every now and then but its not coming out of his pocket. Also does this change tha standard we now have? For instance lets take a 3 year wait item. Say a person got his first DUI and that has put him on the 3 year wait to get a CPL, and he waits out the 3 years and then a few days after he applies for his CPL, and is denied. There are a lot of people including cops thatthink once a criminal always a criminal. If there is only 1 vote on who who determines the decision then this person would not get his CPL, and be told to wait for an non specified time. A county sheriff who is anti does not even need to deny all or even 1 in a 100 to have an adverse impact to the number of CPL's issued. And put 1 anti-sheriff and 1 anti judge and there go your CPL's. I do not approve of the gun boards, but this seems like it is as bad or worse, or has the potential for abuse that the gun boards didn't.

I approve of the higher training standards though, in no way does 30 rounds mak a person a great shot or even a half way decent one. Neither does 98, but more is better in this type of thing. The more training the better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.