• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sb59

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheQ

We're already "may issue" in many counties -- but the sheriff and the prosecutor can pass the buck around and avoid responsibility. An elected official who constantly costs the county $$ isn't apt to stay around long.

What do you propose, we stick a lethal injection needle in his arm each time he/they dole out CPLs?

Are you willing to trash the rest of the bill over your objections?

Does this even affect you any more? (aren't you leaving? ;) )

stainless1911

Banned
Shaun, you wont lose the ability to appeal to the circuit court, and the . gov will have to pay for it. At least with a court, they have to give you a court date, and you will know when it is. The way we have it now, its up to the board, and the "when" is anybodys guess.

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

Psshhhh is that all? Sounds like a 2nd grader could do that for you! Kidding of course!! I have to actually go to class on thursday so I can't make it either :(

I only wish.

These are the type of reviews that you have to stand before "God and Country" and answer "Any Question Under The Sun".

It comes with the "territory"...

stainless1911

Banned

stainless1911

Banned
I just placed my calls.

I told them that I wanted to show my support for SB59, although I disagree with the necessity of CPLs as they turn a right into a privelidge that you have to qualify and pay for, I do support the bills and would like to see them pass.

Haman J.T.

Four phone calls,four emails,DONE! That means I created 8 tallies FOR SB 59.1 per call,1per email,thats how it's done.8 tallies means 8 votes!

Bronson

Whew, just made it. Like a dolt I walked out of the house today without my phone. I just made it home in time to get my calls in but they're in.

Hope it helps.

Bronson

Haman J.T.

Whew, just made it. Like a dolt I walked out of the house today without my phone. I just made it home in time to get my calls in but they're in.

Hope it helps.

Bronson
Like a dolt? Isn't your phone glued to your ear like the rest of the dolts?LOL! You have Helped by doing something as opposed to "nothing"! CARRY ON BRO!

NHCGRPR45

We're already "may issue" in many counties -- but the sheriff and the prosecutor can pass the buck around and avoid responsibility. An elected official who constantly costs the county $$ isn't apt to stay around long.

What do you propose, we stick a lethal injection needle in his arm each time he/they dole out CPLs?

Are you willing to trash the rest of the bill over your objections?

Does this even affect you any more? (aren't you leaving? ;) )

Death would perhaps be going a tad to far. And yes, this does affect me because my entire family lives in Michigan, not to mention my home of record will stay in Michigan. And there are good and positive things in this proposed law change. And even if I was no longer in MI what would that matter at all? I had/have no intention of "trashing" this law change, I am a very pro-gun person and this law does help, I am merely pointing out the potential for abuse is there.

So again I ask, would the sheriff have to issue the license if all the requirements are met or could he simply make it his policy to not issue a permit/license if the person could not prove a need to have one. I looked but could find a statement to that effect in this bill, so maybe I missed it but maybe those words need to be there so that theres splitting of the hairs when it comes down to whether a sheriff wants to play with peoples safety.

I am only trying to point out what IMO seems to be addressed before it gets to a point where its the new law and they find a loop hole worth exploiting. Remember assumption is the mother of ALL **** ups.

Last edited:

TheQ

If a certain sheriff starts filling the circuit court with CPL applicants, the court will deal with the sheriff.

If they don't, the reporters will report that the sheriffs are constantly losing money and having to pay punitive damages to applicants. It will be a field day.

Election day will come for the Sheriff.

Status
Not open for further replies.