• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sb59

Status
Not open for further replies.

detroit_fan

For those who cannot afford the extra training,like me and those who make much less than I do,this is cost prohibitive and unconstitutional! I did mention in my emails to the 4 senators that I believe the hundreds or thousands of rounds a current CPL holder fires,prior to renewing,should give them automatic exemption on their new CPL!

I agree that it is not perfect, but it is definitely a step in the right direction imo. I understand that money can be tight, but most classes are about $100, everyone should be able to save at least $10 a month and be able to pay for the class in less than 1 year. Most classes are offered weekdays or weekends, so having to miss work should not be a problem for most.

NHCGRPR45

Oakland County Sheriff complained they are getting more of the work, but not more of the money.

The going rate for a CPL class is right around 100.00, not including ammo 30 rounds, time off work, gas to and from, gun rental/purchase. Now add in the cost for an additional day another 100 rounds and all of the above. Granted the extra training is not required, which is a good thing.

Also the going excuse for the lenght of time it takes to issue a permit has always been "we are so back logged" so now you have 1 guy doing the work of many, who actually does have other things to do and now 3 months for a license takes 6. And since those counties that take 3 to 6 months handily ignore the current law about CPL issue times, I expect to see this getting a little tedious, and extremely time consuming.

Bronson

Also the going excuse for the lenght of time it takes to issue a permit has always been "we are so back logged" so now you have 1 guy doing the work of many

I don't know for sure but I'm fairly certain the county clerk does the leg work involved with issuing CPLs.

Bronson

Last edited:

xmanhockey7

The going rate for a CPL class is right around 100.00, not including ammo 30 rounds, time off work, gas to and from, gun rental/purchase. Now add in the cost for an additional day another 100 rounds and all of the above. Granted the extra training is not required, which is a good thing.

Also the going excuse for the lenght of time it takes to issue a permit has always been "we are so back logged" so now you have 1 guy doing the work of many, who actually does have other things to do and now 3 months for a license takes 6. And since those counties that take 3 to 6 months handily ignore the current law about CPL issue times, I expect to see this getting a little tedious, and extremely time consuming.

Under the new legislation they have 45 days from date on the application (when you turn it in) or they must refund you the application fee. And you shall be issued a temporary CPL after 45 until they issue or deny your CPL.

http://www.miopencarry.org/moc_files/legislative/SB59.S-3.Draft6.pdf Page 33

xmanhockey7

Good, so people wouldn't have to pony up all the $$ at once if they couldn't or didn't want to.

Bronson

Yeah I was actually thinking about this today. If someone gets a CPL just so they can carry in their car, purchase pistols, or is in a position where they rarely if ever go to PFZs there would be no need to be exempt and "pony up all the $$"

stainless1911

Banned
It's easy not to support CPLs when you don't have one anymore. And you won't be able to get one for a looooong loooooong time.

By the way... why did they revoke your CPL?

I never liked CPL, or concealed carry, and everyone here that knows anything at all about me knows that.

Dontbe so sure about the CPL being gone, it isnt over until its over. If it is gone, then all I have to do, is move. I've wanted to live in the south most of my adult life.

You'll find out about my CPL loss shortly.

I dont care if a right affects me directly or not, I still fight for it. For example, I was pushing hard for CPL free transport for a long time before I lost my CPL.

TheQ

ALL! PLEASE READ!

Please be aware, there is a DANGER when you call and say "I support the bill, but". In Lansing this is often understood to mean you don't support the bill...and the person you're calling may take that to mean they should vote/act against the bill.

This bill isn't perfect, but if you'd like to change it -- Senator Green invited anyone to write his office prior to next Monday to address their concerns. SenMGreen@senate.mi.gov

If you're going to call and say "I like the bill, but"....I'd honestly prefer you didn't call.

Bronson

Yeah I was actually thinking about this today. If someone gets a CPL just so they can carry in their car, purchase pistols, or is in a position where they rarely if ever go to PFZs there would be no need to be exempt and "pony up all the $$"

Oooh, maybe we could have a 3 tiered system where you can pay $50 for your CPL but can only use it to carry in your car and to purchase firearms throughout the state.

Bronson

Status
Not open for further replies.