• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sb59

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainless1911

Banned
ALL! PLEASE READ!

Please be aware, there is a DANGER when you call and say "I support the bill, but". In Lansing this is often understood to mean you don't support the bill...and the person you're calling may take that to mean they should vote/act against the bill.

This bill isn't perfect, but if you'd like to change it -- Senator Green invited anyone to write his office prior to next Monday to address their concerns. SenMGreen@senate.mi.gov

If you're going to call and say "I like the bill, but"....I'd honestly prefer you didn't call.

Why must everything in Lansing get flipped upside down?

LEGISLAVE

ALL! PLEASE READ!

Please be aware, there is a DANGER when you call and say "I support the bill, but". In Lansing this is often understood to mean you don't support the bill...and the person you're calling may take that to mean they should vote/act against the bill.

This bill isn't perfect, but if you'd like to change it -- Senator Green invited anyone to write his office prior to next Monday to address their concerns. SenMGreen@senate.mi.gov

If you're going to call and say "I like the bill, but"....I'd honestly prefer you didn't call.

Just like the Anti Gunners that say "I support 2A, but..."

xmanhockey7

Oooh, maybe we could have a 3 tiered system where you can pay $50 for your CPL but can only use it to carry in your car and to purchase firearms throughout the state.

Bronson

I've been saying we should switch to something like that except make one permit excellent for reciprocity (the current one) and the other designed to allow more people to be able to carry at a more affordable cost. I doubt it'd pass but I'd make the 2nd permit available to anyone 18+, no training required, there would be a NICS check, and I'd seek to get rid of some of less serious disqualification we have. But like I said probably would never happen. I would like to see a system where we keep all reciprocity and are able to allow those 18+ to get a permit and not require training.

TheQ

I sat in front of the committee today, smiled, and lied. I told them I love the bill as-is and I wouldn't change anything about it. I told them this is great because it will make the best trained gun carriers in the nation (legal mandate wise).

I lied because I would change things if I could. That being said, I am a pragmatist. This bill leaves us better tomorrow than where we are today. Because I know that Lansing doesn't like hearing anything bad about bills, I bit my tongue and said I loved it as-is.

I hope this helps people understand :( Lobbying is dirty business sometimes.

TheQ

If that were the case TheQ would be residing in Jackson State Prison.

Don't tell people I'm living in Jackson! I had to give the guards special "personal" favors to get the day out of prison to go to Lansing this morning. I'm giving another guard a "favor" so I can use the computers so much!

:uhoh::uhoh:

xmanhockey7

Don't tell people I'm living in Jackson! I had to give the guards special "personal" favors to get the day out of prison to go to Lansing this morning. I'm giving another guard a "favor" so I can use the computers so much!

And by favor I'm sure you're referring to all that money you make lobbying ;)

stainless1911

Banned
Why must you pussyfoot around answering a straight forward question?

I sat in front of the committee today, smiled, and lied. I told them I love the bill as-is and I wouldn't change anything about it. I told them this is great because it will make the best trained gun carriers in the nation (legal mandate wise).

I lied because I would change things if I could. That being said, I am a pragmatist. This bill leaves us better tomorrow than where we are today. Because I know that Lansing doesn't like hearing anything bad about bills, I bit my tongue and said I loved it as-is.

I can answer both these posts with the same response.

Time and place for everything.

You did the right thing Q.

PDinDetroit

ALL! PLEASE READ!

Yeah, I think the idea here is "tread lightly" as this is a great first step in the right direction. There was one spot that was "wordy" and could have been simplified, if I can find it again I will post it here (with suggestion for changes) before contacting him. The one PAIN IN THE ASS about the Bill is that the PDF is set to not being able to have sections copied (but that can be gotten around).

You cannot eat an Elephant in One Bite (Donkey either). Little By Slowly our Rights were eroded, will take Time, Dedication, and Consistent Effort to regain said rights.

stainless1911

Banned
He's trying to get me to argue with him so that the mods will get tired of it an ban me. That way he can get his twisted gratification. He's an evil little man. Takes a real sicko to enjoy someone else's problems, and someone special to try to cause those problems so that they can prove themselves right.

Im done with you pat.

NHCGRPR45

I like the idea of extra training.

Yes, so do I! I would also like to have it a pass/fail test

Well as a politician you can't EVER lie! and if you do, (which of course you don't!) You must absolutely NEVER admit it on a public forum!!:banghead:
:p

Lobbying is the oldest profession!, Even before that other oldest proffession,,,,lobby away Q lobby away....
:rolleyes:
One last thing see my above post that applies to this as well, I am going to have to drink at least a gallon of whiskey to get those images out of my head....:banghead:

The same .gov that is supporting you?

So you hate the .gov? Well except on the 3rd of the month of course.

C'mon pat, stop setting trip snares, it illegal in MI. There now your the criminal!! HA!:monkey

Status
Not open for further replies.