• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where do New Mexicans sell their used guns?

raptor5k

As the subject says, I'm looking for used guns. I just moved here from Idaho about a year ago, and have yet to find them. Is there a classified place where people commonly list them? I live in northern NM, just north of Santa Fe. I checked thrifty nickel online and didn't see much. Any advice is appreciated!

MarkD51

As the subject says, I'm looking for used guns. I just moved here from Idaho about a year ago, and have yet to find them. Is there a classified place where people commonly list them? I live in northern NM, just north of Santa Fe. I checked thrifty nickel online and didn't see much. Any advice is appreciated!

There are usually a couple of big gun shows in Albuqurque per year. They are large shows, Kim, and Monte from Silver Spur often do them up there. Lots of vendors, and walk ins as well.

If it is perhaps you wish to purchase without any paper trail, then the gun shows would probably be the best place to find larger quantities offered by private gun owners.

If that isn't important, then a site like Gunbroker.com is another option for buying guns both used, and new of any type. One can usually find a local reliable FFL dealer, who will do transfers at a reasonable cost. I've done that here with a local FFL who only charges $20 per transfer. Hope this helps, Mark

raptor5k

It's not necessarily papering I'm trying to avoid, just a place to browse for used guns sold locally. Like I said I recently moved from Idaho, and there's a website (Ksl.com) which is actually a news website from Utah, but they have a large classified section. People from within about a 3 or 4 state region post on there so it's easy to find any kind of firearm used that you could imagine. I was wondering if there was a similar thing in this region or not, but it sounds like not. I did go to the gun show in Albuquerque a few weeks back and was pleasantly surprised at the selection. Thanks again for the suggestions.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
Also check out AC Fire Arms (2502 Southern Blvd SE # B, in Rio Rancho). They seem to have pretty decent customer reviews, also.

Last time I was there (Christmas 2011) getting my CC gun's sights adjusted, they had quite a few used guns.

I should have, however, checked out their long-gun rack better -- for a SKS carbine -- but didn't know I was going to be looking for and getting one of those until recently. ;-)

Last edited: