• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Meeting - Annandale Mason District Station - 3/21/12

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
VCDL Meeting - Annandale Mason District Station - 3/21/12
‎3/21/12 meeting...Meeting Schedule (Unless Otherwise Noted Above):
7:30 - 8:00 pm -- Informal Gathering
8:00 - 9:30 pm -- Meeting
9:30 - ?:?? pm -- Informal Gathering at a Local Restaurant
Mason District Governmental Center
6507 Columbia Pike
Annandale, VA 22003

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Accident on the way to the meeting...

FYI from via Philip's post on the VCDL Facebook page...

Philip via facebook said:
Thanks for everyone's thoughts. Bob is home - they stabilized his knee and he left the ER with crutches. I'm much better off - gotta love airbags and seat belts, they did their job perfectly. Just some minor cuts and bruising. A teenage pulled out right in front of us. Bob didn't have time to hit his imaginary break any more than I did hitting the real break. I barely let out an "Oh - s****", but just started to look up from some paperwork he was reading and BOOM. The teenage girl was taken away on a gurney to the ambulance, but I think she was more shaken up than anything. Bob didn't have his seat belt on, his head also hit and slightly cracked the windshield, but no even much of a mark on his head. We were only going 35 MPH, but again, no time to hit the break, so we hit her at 35 MPH, spun her car 180 degrees. Bob and I were OCing at the time, no one said a word, Chesterfield PD handled everything very professionally.