Thread: Run with the Fuzz

Run with the Fuzz

http://www.funwiththefuzz5k.com/therace/racedetails

I am considering running (very slowly) the RWTF 5K. I would like as many of you as possible to participate with me. This would be a splendid opportunity to be out in public as a group to show people we look just like them. My intention is to run as a group from start to finish. This will not be a race, just a show of the Flag. Of course we can participate armed. How many of you would/could/want to participate? Those Whatcom County people who are new to OC can get a nice time out with others who carry.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Too bad it's in whatcom county. I need to do a little running.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I have to play it by ear John, but I am tentatively in.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I'm along the same lines as SVG. The time may be difficult (company in town), but we'll see.

--
    Peace. ~G
    Carry weapon: SA XDm .40 SC + 11rd Ranger SXT 180gr

I'm game, my wife likes 5k's too, however my fat ass would most definitely NOT be running.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Great Idea

But I will not be there, Hell I started breathing hard and sweating just reading about it.
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

This will definatly NOT be a RUN. More of a gentle jogging stroll. This is not for exercise, it is to participate, as a group, in a public exercise. Come on up to Bellingham for the run and we can have a luncheon afterwards. It is more than a month away, plan for it.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I'll try to remember to bumb this thread too so we can keep in our minds.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Will talk to the wife about this, you may get one of us, but with two kids, unless they allow a stroller for the 3year old, going to have kid concerns.

A child AND a gun????? How could you even think of something like that. What a good idea.

My Sweet Baboo will be there for support. It will be nice to have them(the support group) cheering us along.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitaeus View Post
    Will talk to the wife about this, you may get one of us, but with two kids, unless they allow a stroller for the 3year old, going to have kid concerns.
    Bring the kids make it a family affair.

still recovering from back surgery or I'd be doing this. Would give me an excuse to visit the son up there, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Bring the kids make it a family affair.
    That would likely have to be the case here too. But that is really early for my little ones... messed up sleep schedules are NOT fun for mommy or daddy, let alone the offspring! Will do my best to represent.

--
    Peace. ~G

This kinda looks like fun. I'm planning on heading up to Bellingham that day anyway to attend a car meet, so if I can drag myself out of bed early enough - and my body doesn't hate me that day - I'd like to participate. I'm NOT a runner but I walk very fast and can keep up with slow joggers.

Quote Originally Posted by boosteddreams View Post
    This kinda looks like fun............. I'm NOT a runner but I walk very fast and can keep up with slow joggers.
    As each of you get registered to do the gig, send me a PM and I will keep a running list of Registered Participants. We will run/walk together to keep each other going. Lets get out there and show the flag in public.

Digging this up again... so who all's going?

Likely won't be able to make it unfortunately. If that changes, I'll be sure to let you know.

--
    Peace. ~G

bump... anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I'm not going to make it; I have an acupuncture appointment that I desperately need!

As a noted authority once said, and I embellish to suit the topic: 'If you find an urge developing to dress basically in your underwear and jog down the street, you should lie down and until it passes'.

(William Rainey Harper)

:-)
    A firearm is a tool of convenience, not effectiveness - Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Quote Originally Posted by boosteddreams View Post
    I'm not going to make it; I have an acupuncture appointment that I desperately need!
    LOL so is that meant to be sarcastic or not??

Unfortunately not.

Did anyone make it? I saw a handful of people around Skagit county that still had their number pinned to their shirt. It was "daddy daughter day" (where I spend the entire day with my 6yr old), and her plans did not include this.

--
    Peace. ~G