• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicago cop: 'Your 1st Amendment rights can be terminated'

Dave_pro2a

HINT: I consider Dave Workman a friend and one of the good ones. To paraphrase the good book, it profiteth one not to pick a fight with a friend of the Administrator. :)

Hey, thanks for the official clarification/warning.

I shalln't criticize Dave Workman any further on this forum.

sudden valley gunner

That of course, was the idea. And no bias indicated :D

It appears to have hit a nerve with some of the other forums where it is showing up, too. Evidently, Chicago isn't the only place where certain coppers think they can "terminate your rights."

This is why I don't buy the "bad apple" argument. It isn't just "isolated" incidents. I would be curious to look at some of those other links. This is really the only forum I am a steady member of.

Dave_pro2a

This is why I don't buy the "bad apple" argument. It isn't just "isolated" incidents. I would be curious to look at some of those other links. This is really the only forum I am a steady member of.

There's a great big internet out there. You're a good guy with good ideas, and imho you should participate in other gun forums too.

Many have much larger WA sub forums (or WA membership numbers) than this one. Go out and be a good influence ;)

Metalhead47

Would it be biased if I said I enjoyed this article? :cool:

The 2A is just as important as our other rights and I think Dave did a good job tying that theme together. I think to remind folks to stand up for our fundamental rights is important.

Shameless self-promoter! Commercial hack! How dare you enjoy something in your bias! :p

I too found Dave's article a good read, if not entirely unexpected behavior for Chicago. But that's the thing, if for some reason I don't feel like reading Dave's stuff, I can see who started the thread, and I can very easily decide not to click on it. It's actually even easier than clicking on it since doing so actually requires some motion on my part. And if somehow I find myself there anyway, I can also choose not to read it. Funny thing, that. :rolleyes:

Now that other Dave, well, he really ought to make an appointment with the proctologist. That stick just can't be comfortable.

1911er

Great Job

Mr. workman ! great story , And may I add you are one of the reasons I started open carry along with several other influences such as Jim Beal, Nick, Bob from Belfair and several other people I have met out in Kitsap County And I also listen t your interviews on KOMO . Love it

Thanks

Dave Workman

Mr. workman ! great story , And may I add you are one of the reasons I started open carry along with several other influences such as Jim Beal, Nick, Bob from Belfair and several other people I have met out in Kitsap County And I also listen t your interviews on KOMO . Love it

Thanks

Oh, great!
Now it's my fault :D

Or, "Workman, you're one the reasons I started packing." That testimony is going to sound really good at my trial. I can see Ceasefire's Ralph Fascitelli taking the stand, reciting the oath and then telling the jury.. "Even Workman's own fellow gun owners have said in print, 'You are one of the reasons I started to open carry!" ... And it is rumored that Workman is also one reason that animals eat their young.

Outside, I can already hear them hammering together the gallows....

But mentioned in the same sentence with other "influences" like DEROS and Gogodawgs... I'm compelled to admit I'm in really good company

Seriously,
Thanks for your kind remarks.

rapgood

1) what does this have to do with Washington?
2) What does it have to do with Open Carry? Sure it has to do with a Right, just not the Right this forum is dedicated to.

Thanks for the spam Dave.

I caution you to not be short-sighted on these issues. If we are not vigilant in protecting ALL of our rights, then the erosion of other rights can lead to and down the slippery slope of making it easier to erode our 2Am rights. I suggest that we need to use the entire Bill of Rights to protect the entire Bill of Rights.

--R

DEROS72

I find dave pro 2a mostly irrelevent and will always read workmans articles
I am trying to recall all the that Davepro2a has done to advance open carry ,all the events he has organized or attended in support,Other than blasting out meaningless garble and insulting folks. I haven't seen anything much.Otehr than fancying himself somewaht a guru on these matters.Workman has given us more positive press in the last couple of years than we have anytime prior.spoke at our events,taken up in our behalf and even manned the grille at one of our BB-Q's .His articles are one f the first things I look for in the morning.He is a man of high integrity,and I find his articles well research and informative.Dave pro2A gets on the board and insults folks and is one of the reasons you don't see me on te board much anymore.I am concerned that some of the newer guys on the board will look to the PRO-2a"s for council on the subject.As for this article I found it totally relevant to whats going on.The attack on our rights prevalent in this country now is very much a concern.

Dave_pro2a

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012...ntolerable-calls-for-diversity-in-talk-radio/

Since 1A topics now seem kosher. Here comes a law that prohibits certain speech on airwaves in LA.

I wonder if one could use that law against MTV and BET (and rap oriented radio stations) -- since stations and shows that focus on the African American demographic often contain shockingly racist and sexist (and homophobic) speech.

2A tie in: if they can ban sexist comments, then they can ban speech that 'glorifies' guns as a 'public health' issue.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Oh, great!
Now it's my fault :D

Or, "Workman, you're one the reasons I started packing." That testimony is going to sound really good at my trial. I can see Ceasefire's Ralph Fascitelli taking the stand, reciting the oath and then telling the jury.. "Even Workman's own fellow gun owners have said in print, 'You are one of the reasons I started to open carry!" ... And it is rumored that Workman is also one reason that animals eat their young.

Outside, I can already hear them hammering together the gallows....

But mentioned in the same sentence with other "influences" like DEROS and Gogodawgs... I'm compelled to admit I'm in really good company

Seriously,
Thanks for your kind remarks.

Thanks Dave.

I am trying to recall all the that Davepro2a has done to advance open carry ,all the events he has organized or attended in support,Other than blasting out meaningless garble and insulting folks. I haven't seen anything much.Otehr than fancying himself somewaht a guru on these matters.Workman has given us more positive press in the last couple of years than we have anytime prior.spoke at our events,taken up in our behalf and even manned the grille at one of our BB-Q's .His articles are one f the first things I look for in the morning.He is a man of high integrity,and I find his articles well research and informative.Dave pro2A gets on the board and insults folks and is one of the reasons you don't see me on te board much anymore.I am concerned that some of the newer guys on the board will look to the PRO-2a"s for council on the subject.As for this article I found it totally relevant to whats going on.The attack on our rights prevalent in this country now is very much a concern.

Quoted for Truth.

Jeff Hayes

+1,

Jeff Hayes

Well, it smells like something.

I'm still waiting for him to figure out that if he doesn't care to read my stuff...he simply needs to not read it.

Well said Dave.

Some people never seem to get the old saying "lead, follow or get the heck out of the way.

Thanks for leading Mr. Workman.

Here's a hint Dave_pro2a your in the way.