Thread: An idea

Question An idea

I think I have an idea of how our voices can be heard and show how much clout we have.

Remember the boycott of starbucks by the anti gunners and we responded back by going in and buying. My suggestion is that we, who support the 2nd Amendment and The Constitution start making all of our small purchases using the dollar coin. Since the use of the coin is tracked by the treasury, we could have a way to measure our impact, and a way to protest how our rights are being trampled on without affecting anyone in a negative way.

Thoughts?

Mike V.

My issue with this is that coins are bulky and heavy to carry.

I like the idea of using the $2 bill for representing the 2A...

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    My issue with this is that coins are bulky and heavy to carry.

I like the idea of using the $2 bill for representing the 2A...
    Thanks for the reply. I like your thought. I just thought that the dollar coin would have more impact, though I think a $2 would do the same, but I'm looking beyond just the 2nd.

Mike V.

I thought about having a stamp made saying "Guns Save Lives" and stamping all my $2 bills.....
    and then I started worrying about the whole 'defacing currency' thing and decided not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    I thought about having a stamp made saying "Guns Save Lives" and stamping all my $2 bills.....
    and then I started worrying about the whole 'defacing currency' thing and decided not to.

Defacement of Currency

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/historicallegislation.html

Defacement of currency is a violation of Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code. Under this provision, currency defacement is generally defined as follows: Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Defacement of currency in such a way that it is made unfit for circulation comes under the jurisdiction of the United States Secret Service. The United States Secret Service web address is www.secretservice.gov.

I don't think a small amount of writing along the edge of a bill would constitute "intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued." JMHO but one never knows....
    America, where freedom* reigns.

*Freedom subject to change depending on jurisdiction and availability. Some freedoms may not be available due to local political expedience or prevailing political correctness. Please check Federal, State, County, City, or any other special district for applicable laws governing the extents of freedoms prior to purchase.

-----------

“What you see is the fringe of the fringe showing up in Hartford today." - Danny Malloy a.k.a. "The Governor" 3/11/2013

[QUOTE][Since the use of the coin is tracked by the treasury /QUOTE]
    That's news to me. Proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Freiheit417 View Post

Defacement of Currency

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/historicallegislation.html

I don't think a small amount of writing along the edge of a bill would constitute "intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued." JMHO but one never knows....
    Exactly, the key term is 'rendering it unfit to be reissued'.

If it were just due to a ink mark or ink stamp, then every time a business marks 'larger bills' with a marker then the feds would be far too busy to track coins....if they track coins, and i have my doubts. But, (adjusting tinfoil hat) it is the Obama admin, with Big Sis, so ya never know.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

[QUOTE=jeeper1;1724519]
    [Since the use of the coin is tracked by the treasury /QUOTE]
    That's news to me. Proof?
    Well, they are putting them away because nobody is using them, so they do track it.:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...ins/51885500/1

Mike V

Quote Originally Posted by mavidal View Post
    Thoughts?

Mike V.
    "Hmmm. I wonder how that Mike V. guy figures someone can 'hear' them spending money?"

Cease production of president dollar coins....except for the Obama coins....then cease production.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbar View Post
    "Hmmm. I wonder how that Mike V. guy figures someone can 'hear' them spending money?"
    Ironbar it is simple. The treasury is storing the coins since there is no demand. How many people do you estimate are conservatives etc that are fed up with the situation. Now all of a sudden you have several if not many millions demanding $1 coins when no demand existed. They get into circulation and you get this idea published. Don't you think that would wake somebody up? I sure think it would.

Mike V.

Good grief, people. Don't you think we are all tracked enough already? Do your commenting with words and actions that promote liberty and justice, not coins.

I have one of those blighted coins, and now I KNOW I'm going to get rid of it.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

If you are going to get the coin feel free to send it to me. I'll put it to good use buying groceries.
    Last edited by jeeper1; 03-22-2012 at 04:46 PM.

They track the coin, not whether the person was carrying or the businesses stance on that