• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An idea

mavidal

I think I have an idea of how our voices can be heard and show how much clout we have.

Remember the boycott of starbucks by the anti gunners and we responded back by going in and buying. My suggestion is that we, who support the 2nd Amendment and The Constitution start making all of our small purchases using the dollar coin. Since the use of the coin is tracked by the treasury, we could have a way to measure our impact, and a way to protest how our rights are being trampled on without affecting anyone in a negative way.

Thoughts?

Mike V.

PistolPackingMomma

My issue with this is that coins are bulky and heavy to carry.

I like the idea of using the $2 bill for representing the 2A...

Fallschirjmäger

I thought about having a stamp made saying "Guns Save Lives" and stamping all my $2 bills.....
and then I started worrying about the whole 'defacing currency' thing and decided not to.

Freiheit417

I thought about having a stamp made saying "Guns Save Lives" and stamping all my $2 bills.....
and then I started worrying about the whole 'defacing currency' thing and decided not to.

Defacement of Currency

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/historicallegislation.html

Defacement of currency is a violation of Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code. Under this provision, currency defacement is generally defined as follows: Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Defacement of currency in such a way that it is made unfit for circulation comes under the jurisdiction of the United States Secret Service. The United States Secret Service web address is www.secretservice.gov.

I don't think a small amount of writing along the edge of a bill would constitute "intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued." JMHO but one never knows....

OC for ME

Defacement of Currency

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/historicallegislation.html

I don't think a small amount of writing along the edge of a bill would constitute "intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued." JMHO but one never knows....
Exactly, the key term is 'rendering it unfit to be reissued'.

If it were just due to a ink mark or ink stamp, then every time a business marks 'larger bills' with a marker then the feds would be far too busy to track coins....if they track coins, and i have my doubts. But, (adjusting tinfoil hat) it is the Obama admin, with Big Sis, so ya never know.

mavidal

"Hmmm. I wonder how that Mike V. guy figures someone can 'hear' them spending money?"

Ironbar it is simple. The treasury is storing the coins since there is no demand. How many people do you estimate are conservatives etc that are fed up with the situation. Now all of a sudden you have several if not many millions demanding $1 coins when no demand existed. They get into circulation and you get this idea published. Don't you think that would wake somebody up? I sure think it would.

Mike V.

MamaLiberty

Good grief, people. Don't you think we are all tracked enough already? Do your commenting with words and actions that promote liberty and justice, not coins.

I have one of those blighted coins, and now I KNOW I'm going to get rid of it.

jeeper1

If you are going to get the coin feel free to send it to me. I'll put it to good use buying groceries.:D

Last edited: