• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Mooresville NC

mstrplmber

Hi I am new to this forum, and I found it by viewing you tube videos. I have owned a Taurus PT-92 9mm semi-auto for 30 years now. I live in N.C. I have searched the Internet to try and find out what the Open Carry laws are in N.C. I have not been able to find information pertaining to open carry. I have searched the N.C. General Statutes to no avail. I even contacted the Iredell County Sherriff's department and was told they have literature on open carry, but could not give me any information for a website that pertains to that particular issue. I was told they could mail me a copy which I decided not to do. I was then instructed to call back in 10 minutes to speak with an officer which I did not do. I do not wish to have a concealed carry permit even though I could. I feel I have the right according to the 2nd amendment to bear arms. One of the articles I ran accross in my internet search said that different counties in N.C. have different laws about open carry, but there was no pertinent information about individual counties. I have been robbed 2 times in my life both were home invasions in which I was at home, unfortunately I was not anywhere near my 9mm, and fortunately I was not hurt. Ever since the last incident which was in 1999 I open carry in my house and my car. While in the car I place it on the passenger's seat. If anyone could supply me with some answers I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance to any response I receive.

mstrplmber

Thanks for the information on the above links. I still have not found any information on individual counties or townships in NC. Thanks

aosailor

Thanks for the information on the above links. I still have not found any information on individual counties or townships in NC. Thanks

Thats because you won't. OC is legal STATE WIDE individual counties or township cant ban OC*. There are no different laws about how or where you can OC between counties*.

***exceptions made in durham county and Cary.....

bc.cruiser

If you want to know about a specific town/city, in your search engine (google?) type "(town name) code of ordinances". Either it will take you to the city's own site or will direct you to Municode. Most firearms ordinances seem to be under 'Offenses Against Public Safety' and Parks and Recreation.

The link wilsondeacon gave you is good; as aosailor points out, you won't find what isn't illegal.:lol: