Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $70,154.60

$70,154.60

As of 2/29/12, $70,154.60 is the current amount paid by CADL to it's attorney's. 372 billable hours @$185 per hour plus $1,334.60 in fees/mileage/ect. That is the residents of the CADL area's tax dollars at work. Being used to strip the citizens of Michigan of their right to open carry. Pissed yet?

$70,154.60
    Last edited by scot623; 03-20-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Holy f!!!!!!!!! Next time they ask Ingham County for a Millage I will make it a personal mission to walk door-to-door to let people know how they are spending money.

BTW, when I attended their 2011 Budget meeting in December of 2010, they had planned $28,000 for all legal expenses in 2011 -- looks like they went a LITTLE over budget.
    Last edited by TheQ; 03-20-2012 at 08:52 PM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Holy f!!!!!!!!! Next time they ask Ingham County for a Millage I will make it a personal mission to walk door-to-door to let people know how they are spending money.

BTW, when I attended their 2011 Budget meeting in December of 2010, they had planned $28,000 for all legal expenses in 2011 -- looks like they went a LITTLE over budget.
    I'm sure they couldn't care less. What they will probably do is take money from the firefighters(or something else essential) to pay for this, then tell everyone that unless they pass a millage they will close down fire stations. Then everyone will vote to pass it and think they are just funding the fire station and not anti-freedom lawsuits.
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Well think about it guys. A public library should seek a lawsuit regarding state firearm laws, if not them, well someone else probably could but hey they have tax payer money so why not?
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    As of 2/29/12, $70,154.60 is the current amount paid by CADL to it's attorney's. 372 billable hours @$185 per hour plus $1,334.60 in fees/mileage/ect. That is the residents of the CADL area's tax dollars at work. Being used to strip the citizens of Michigan of their right to open carry. Pissed yet?

$70,154.60
    Linky?

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    Linky?
    He's getting the scan tomorrow. He has the papers/source in his hands. He added all the numbers up himself.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    It should be in the newspapers and TV news. These people need to be held accountable to public scrutiny.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    It should be in the newspapers and TV news. These people need to be held accountable to public scrutiny.

Maybe We can get our new friend in radio to start the media ball rolling? Some one with a official MOC title want to contact him?

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...io-Personality

PS - Hi CADL fascists, we know you're watching you silly little ####'s
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 03-21-2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: PS...
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

has the court made a final ruling?

Banned
    No

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Michigun View Post
    has the court made a final ruling?
    Hi - Michigun,

To expand on the text challenged Stainless1911's post above The case is still waiting for a scheduling date in the court of appeals to the best of my knowledge.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Banned
    It was a simple question.

Lightbulb

It was a simple question.
    Yes it was but you could have at least given it the old G.E.D. try if not the old college try. Not ripping on you, just as others have gone out of their way to help you; a few extra sentences is not that difficult is it? Especially if it can help many to gain a better understanding and possible get them to help in our battle to boot! Just saying....

Banned
    This was a case where I was hoping that someone with more insight, closer to the facts of the case would offer a more thorough explanation than I could. I know the general details of the case, and I understand its importance, but not its particulars.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 03-21-2012 at 01:03 AM.

Banned
    Besides, you were a little miffed, and that was somewhat entertaining.

Besides, you were a little miffed, and that was somewhat entertaining.
    Well I was not, but hey, if that will help you...

Lansing could have hired an additional police officer if they wouldn't be fighting this battle....
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Hi - Michigun,
    To expand on the text challenged Stainless1911's post above The case is still waiting for a scheduling date in the court of appeals to the best of my knowledge.
    thanks, thats what i thought, but the post of the amount of money had me thinking maybe a judge made a ruling.

carry on!

CADL paid over $1000 in attorney fees FIGHTING the FOIA request!!! They have money to burn. Document to be posted later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    CADL paid over $1000 in attorney fees FIGHTING the FOIA request!!! They have money to burn. Document to be posted later tonight.
    Priceless.

The very place where information is supposed to flow freely now wants to CENSOR INFORMATION.

Need to get an article about how little Jimmy and Sally are no better protected by their actions and now cannot get access to the books they need to finish that 2nd grade book report as the Library spent it elsewhere frivolously.
    Last edited by PDinDetroit; 03-26-2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: spelling error

Very interesting what they redacted. I am surprised that the Legal Costs were allowed to be redacted.

Election Year - time to get some News Articles about this. I wonder if the CADL Board Meeting Minutes contain more information as well (hint-hint)...

Indeed! Is that a FOIA'able document??
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    Very interesting what they redacted. I am surprised that the Legal Costs were allowed to be redacted.

Election Year - time to get some News Articles about this. I wonder if the CADL Board Meeting Minutes contain more information as well (hint-hint)...
    It's not a huge secret that the word "WEBSITE" and references to "BRANDISHING" were redacted several times. This site is an excellent research tool for Ms. Dangl. Communications with one or more sympathetic legislators and attorney Shannan Kane are also redacted. Of course, this is all just an educated guess, I have no information to support any of these claims. In fact, I'm writing this just so CADL can pay for another half-hour to its counsel to read this and draft another memo.
    Last edited by Hyperion; 03-27-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast