• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Summerlin Visit

28kfps

I am not sure that is the information he was looking for. Do you?

Elycion

Summerlin is neither better nor worse in terms of how OC is perceived than most other parts of the city. We just had a presumed self defense shooting incident here yesterday (about 1K yards from my house) so it's possible that people will be a bit more aware of firearms for a little while. Honestly though, I doubt it, we call them sheeple for a reason.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
No "issues" really. It's just still not common by any means. I've OC'd through Summerlin on my way to the DSRP Club for matches. I often wear my 1911 on my strong side while competing in vintage rifle matches out by Red Rock, and that includes ATM stops and fuel/snacks on the way.

stickslinger

No "issues" really. It's just still not common by any means. I've OC'd through Summerlin on my way to the DSRP Club for matches. I often wear my 1911 on my strong side while competing in vintage rifle matches out by Red Rock, and that includes ATM stops and fuel/snacks on the way.

Well, seems like another anti-OC area to me basically. I'll probably opt to leave it back home. Sucks, but don't want to get shot in the back for doing nothing illegal in the first place (by folks with the culpeper, va mentality). May go check the range out anyway though.

-cheers

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Well, seems like another anti-OC area to me basically. I'll probably opt to leave it back home. Sucks, but don't want to get shot in the back for doing nothing illegal in the first place ...

As bad of a rep as our police have for "justified" shootings, you aren't in danger OC'ing down the street or in a business that doesn't ask you to leave. Summerlin is no different than the rest of the town, IMO, but I don't live there. This is not to say the rest of the town is all that OC-friendly, but don't expect Summerlin to be all that different than downtown or the strip.

Outside of North Las Vegas city limits, it's the same police force in Summerlin as Downtown or on the Strip, or at Primm, etc.

I actually don't know what DVC meant by his comment. Maybe there's a thread somewhere where he had a bad experience?

wrightme

Well, seems like another anti-OC area to me basically. I'll probably opt to leave it back home. Sucks, but don't want to get shot in the back for doing nothing illegal in the first place (by folks with the culpeper, va mentality). May go check the range out anyway though.

-cheers

I haven't seen any evidence that the 'get shot in the back by cop' is actually a fear there. Have you?

Elycion

Living in Summerlin for just over a year now I can definitely say I'm not worried in the slightest about getting randomly shot by Metro. In fact the Metro guys and I are huge fans of the local Chipotle and I see them in there all the time. I've seen them look and notice me, yet not a single one has ever said a word to me or do anything other than politely nod and smile.

I'm sure it's great fun to reference the Costco shooting when talking about Summerlin, but adding a quip about Metro to nearly every thread asking a question is just degrading the signal to noise ratio on this board. In this circumstance a visitor shows up asking a question and ends up with a mistaken impression based on nothing more than people's desire to complain about Metro, I just don't see that as being terribly helpful.

The Big Guy

I'm sure it's great fun to reference the Costco shooting when talking about Summerlin, but adding a quip about Metro to nearly every thread asking a question is just degrading the signal to noise ratio on this board. In this circumstance a visitor shows up asking a question and ends up with a mistaken impression based on nothing more than people's desire to complain about Metro, I just don't see that as being terribly helpful.

Agreed

TBG

wrightme

Living in Summerlin for just over a year now I can definitely say I'm not worried in the slightest about getting randomly shot by Metro. In fact the Metro guys and I are huge fans of the local Chipotle and I see them in there all the time. I've seen them look and notice me, yet not a single one has ever said a word to me or do anything other than politely nod and smile.

Yes.