• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member-another reason to O/C

Daniel E Vahey

Physical disabilities I can no longer carry concealed on my strong side due to an injury to my lower back get was caused the injury carrying concealed. I was doing some lifting with my weapon on my hip with a IWB holster on and apparently it exerted to much pressure and caused a disk to slip out of place. I can still carry on my weak side but not proficiently. So the sooner we can O/C in every muni in STLCO the better.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
First, welcome to OCDO!

Second, do check the forums for your locality to see when/where folks are getting together. Go. Meet them.

Third, yes, there are a bunch of us gimps out there who find that OC is possible while CC via IWB just can't be done any more. One of these days we ought to start our own little club.:D

stay safe.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Citizens Legally Armed Disabled Association

Ho ho. I was trying for an association with ADA. Old age brings on many changes, many of which are not painless.

(a la MASH theme -
The sword of time will pierce our skins
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger watch it grin ).

I still carry strong side but no longer draw quickly for a paralyzed and dissected anterior serratus ("winging scapula"). That, with degenerative arthritis in that thumb, makes my gun like another member (one for fighting, one for fun), best left in my pants.

The American's with Disabilities Act must make explicit provisions for us, Citizens Legally Armed Disabled Association.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Herr HK,

There are firearms trainers who actually provide training geared to your condition.

For more giggles, consider using your state's vocational rehabilitation program. A few "adjustments" regarding the description of the item to be carried should get around any inherent official or personal disapproval of handguns.:uhoh: Me? I must carry probing and sensing instruments and be able to withdraw them one-handed while in non-traditional postures. Perhaps an infrared thermometer while perched at the top of a ladder trying to "reach in" to an attic?:eek:

Or your health insurance benefits for physical rehabilitation to improve quality of life or treat depression? (I'd be really depressed if I could not draw and present adequately. You might, too.:lol:)

Something about old age and treachery defeating youthful enthusiasm every time?

stay safe.