• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Real Time Road Rage

hermannr

I've had three road rage insodents since 1970 here in WA...you choose which works best for you.

First one was on state ruite 20 between Sedro and Burlington. (2 lane road) I pulled over to let the guy by and he pulled in right behind me. Then he jumped out, yelling and screaming, and jerked my car door open, reached in,,,and noticed my Colt (still in it's holster), very quick about face and left for other parts very quickly. Closest I ever came to actually pulling my carry on someone, ever. If he would have actually grabbed ahold of me, I would have shot him. I am a firm believer in, if it is bad enough for the carry to come out of the holster, it is bad enough to pull the trigger.

The second one, I broke loose from traffic and took off (I 5 north of Everett), (un?)fortunately the WSP officer reduced the speed on the ticket to 85 so it wasn't toooo expensive (this was about 16 years ago)

Third one, was where 405 and 5 meet north of Bothel. The guy was hanging out his window, (GMC Jimmy) with a pipe wrench trying to beat on my car...I don't know how he was managing to drive, his body was 3/4th of the way out of the window. I just kept driving as if he wasn't even there. He eventually exited. I was waiting for him to wreck. Traffic was too think to do anything else.

fight4your_rights

If I had the power to ban you, I would.

That's some stupid s#%( right there that makes hams look bad.

Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done, so you don't do it again.

You are certainly entitled to an opinion but you really should just keep it to yourself.

Nothing I do or have done makes amateur radio operators look bad. I use the radio every day. Nothing you read in my post is "some stupid s#%( right there". Telling a 55yr old to go sit in the corner? GFY cowboy. Maybe that will get the ban you want.

TechnoWeenie

You are certainly entitled to an opinion but you really should just keep it to yourself.

Nothing I do or have done makes amateur radio operators look bad. I use the radio every day. Nothing you read in my post is "some stupid s#%( right there". Telling a 55yr old to go sit in the corner? GFY cowboy. Maybe that will get the ban you want.

Picking up a mic and acting like you're calling in backup? Sounds real mature.... You haven't learned your lesson, go sit back in the corner.

TechnoWeenie

Time out for both of you!

/Soapbox

My antenna is bigger and I actually know what to do with a mic..It's got a hole in it specifically for receiving audible vibrations....I know I'm doing it right because I usually get a pretty good audio response... I don't just put it near my mouth and actually act like I'm doing something...... It tells me the clown is acting, and doesn't know what he's doing.... Pretending to be someone he's not.

TechnoWeenie

03e297805251b807d6f672dd09a4a0b5.gif

FMJ 911

My antenna is bigger and I actually know what to do with a mic..It's got a hole in it specifically for receiving audible vibrations....I know I'm doing it right because I usually get a pretty good audio response... I don't just put it near my mouth and actually act like I'm doing something...... It tells me the clown is acting, and doesn't know what he's doing.... Pretending to be someone he's not.

What does your antenna have to do with me telling you two to knock it off?

I hate arguments, and enough is enough.

Take it to PM's or something, but I really hate it when little pissy fits push into my view.

Samantha86

Same thing happened to me a few days ago. Some woman flew by me going over 100 and was weaving in between cars, almost crashed several times. Got it on video and got the plate. Hope she got caught.