Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missouri open carry association

Missouri open carry association

Hello my name is Ryan Miller the spokesman for M.O.C.A. that's missouri open carry association. We are an open carry group based out of Sedalia Mo. and are 100 percent free of charge for membership as well as all other activities we put on. If you or anyone you know would be interested in more information as well as legal guides to missouri open carry feel free to look us up on facebook as MOCA open carry. We are currently working on putting some bbqs together as well as getting on the bruce in the morning show to help raise open carry awarness. We meet once a month as a group but every weekend you can find us at the dennys in sedalia if you want to know where we are because you stoped for a visit just ask for the guys with guns at the counter haha. Any support, new memberships, or ideas would be welcome. Again you can find us on facebook under the name MOCA open carry. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. Oh p.s. We might also have a open carry vs concealed carry debate coming up on kix 105.7. We will keep you posted. Thanks again.

Spokesman, Ryan Miller - M.O.C.A.
    Last edited by Moca Open Carry; 03-21-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moca Open Carry View Post
    Hello my name is Ryan Miller the spokesman for M.O.C.A. that's missouri open carry association. We are an open carry group based out of Sedalia Mo. and are 100 percent free of charge for membership as well as all other activities we put on. If you or anyone you know would be interested in more information as well as legal guides to missouri open carry feel free to look us up on facebook as MOCA open carry. We are currently working on putting some bbqs together as well as getting on the bruce in the morning show to help raise open carry awarness. We meet once a month as a group but every weekend you can find us at the dennys in sedalia if you want to know where we are because you stoped for a visit just ask for the guys with guns at the counter haha. Any support, new memberships, or ideas would be welcome. Again you can find us on facebook under the name MOCA open carry. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. Oh p.s. We might also have a open carry vs concealed carry debate coming up on kix 105.7. We will keep you posted. Thanks again.

There is an open carry misosuri facebook site. If this translates right I'd be surprised:
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/107846675926969/

There are already a mess of 2A and OC sites.
    No I don't want another site to visit.
    I am grouped with a few folks from here doing what needs to be done (I'll leave it at just that).
    Carry on.... This was your 1st post on the forum that has been here a long time. That does not impress me.
    Last edited by mspgunner; 03-21-2012 at 04:28 PM.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Accomplished Advocate
    or ideas would be welcome. Again you can find us on facebook under the name MOCA open carry. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. Oh p.s. We might also have a open carry vs concealed carry debate coming up on kix 105.7. We will keep you posted. Thanks again.

Greets Ryan,

Ideas:

1. Research before you post, there are several OC'ers here who have years of experience and dedication.
    2. There is a slight apearance of SPAM for your facebook page by your post.
    3. Always undersell and then over perform. Representing yourself as an "association" in such a way implies you have incorporated in the legal sense etc which is highly unlikely, but indeed possible. Point... Cool, you got a group of folks together for a common cause and you are trying to get even more, just call it what it is and don't over sell it.
    4. Open carry awareness in the mid-Missouri area is not really much of a concern or a problem really, it is not that unusual of a behavior.
    5. While it might seem you are getting beat up a bit, that is not the case, but there are fairly large numbers of folks in ST Louis and KC dedicated to the cause and are even politicly active in the approach. There are also several folks in both the south east and west corners. We even had a small event in Columbia Mo a few months back.

I doubt you are comming back, but if you do, grab a chair, sit a spell, and get to know some of the folks and understand if we can ever all pull together and move forward at the same time, it would be a good thing.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    There is an open carry misosuri facebook site. If this translates right I'd be surprised:

I am grouped with a few folks from here doing what needs to be done (I'll leave it at just that).
    Carry on.... This was your 1st post on the forum that has been here a long time. That does not impress me.
    Wow. Just..........Wow. A potential new member shows up to say hello, inform us of a pro-2A group he is part of, and kindly invite others......and you basically tell him his efforts are pointless because they're redundant, you are the F%#&ING hero around here, and aren't really impressed because it's his first time posting?

--Moderator deleted personal attack--

So, Ryan. Please don't stereotype the members of this forum by basing your opinion on the unfriendly and belittling welcome you've received up until now. There are a great number of folks on here who are very inclusive, open (as opposed to "shhhhhhh! Secret Squirrel!") and fun. Warm weather is arriving, and with it, things pick up and many of us often meet for coffee or dinner. Sometimes, we're even graced with the beatific presence of the exalted one who sometimes ventures forth from the secret lair where all the herculean efforts of his merry band of hidden superheroes marches on unbeknownst to the likes of us mere mortals.......all on our behalf.

So, WELCOME TO THE FORUM! I'll likely make it over to Sedalia in the next couple of weeks as it is only an hour and a half away, and I'm a huge Denny's fan. So, unless something unexpected comes up, I might venture over for breakfast (more likely "brunch") on the 31st. Not written in stone, but likely. Maybe I'll see you there.

Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by superlite27 View Post
    wow. Just..........wow. A potential new member shows up to say hello, inform us of a pro-2a group he is part of, and kindly invite others......and you basically tell him his efforts are pointless because they're redundant, you are the f%#&ing hero around here, and aren't really impressed because it's his first time posting?

Instead of being a pompous, self-important ass who seems to revel in belittling anyone else's contributions to firearms freedom, i'll choose to accept any and all categories, races, shapes, sexes, efforts, lifestyles, and experience levels of people wishing to support the 2a and welcome you.

So, ryan. Please don't stereotype the members of this forum by basing your opinion on the unfriendly and belittling welcome you've received up until now. There are a great number of folks on here who are very inclusive, open (as opposed to "shhhhhhh! Secret squirrel!") and fun. Warm weather is arriving, and with it, things pick up and many of us often meet for coffee or dinner. Sometimes, we're even graced with the beatific presence of the exalted one who sometimes ventures forth from the secret lair where all the herculean efforts of his merry band of hidden superheroes marches on unbeknownst to the likes of us mere mortals.......all on our behalf.

So, welcome to the forum! I'll likely make it over to sedalia in the next couple of weeks as it is only an hour and a half away, and i'm a huge denny's fan. So, unless something unexpected comes up, i might venture over for breakfast (more likely "brunch") on the 31st. Not written in stone, but likely. Maybe i'll see you there.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

I'm not too far away in Jeff City. Maybe we'll meet sometime !

This appears to be another post from a ******* ***** person that has the opinion of "WE ARE THE ONLY ONES" attitude. Reminds me of the opinion of some LEO's toward the carrying of firearms. More could be done if groups could band together for the common cause instead of a few having a connection and telling everyone else to go away.

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar
    I can understand some reservation from the agenda of the OP. It is first post and does seem to be going from 0 to 100. It is a start just not often seen and not recommend in Missouri with its broken OC laws.

Doc

Welcome & Good luck!
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Ouch!
    Yeah, after letting it rest overnight and rereading this morning, I probably did come off a little harsh. I apologize if I was a little "abrasive". I was simply concerned with the "sit back and watch, noob. Let the professionals handle this" attitude your response seemed to give off. I realize the efforts you and LMTD have been putting forth, and the neccessary nature they take.

I would simply like to point out that, at some point, ALL OF US were new to the forum, made our first post, and took up the pro-2A fight in the way we chose. If I had experienced alienation by encountering folks who told me they already had things in hand, I needed to "watch and learn", and my contributions were insignificant because of my low post count, I'd have gone to one of those messes of other 2A sites you don't feel like visiting where my input was welcome.

However, I didn't. I encountered a great group of people, (yourself included) who included me, met at different places for comraderie and similar pro-2A interests, and enjoyed my company as I've enjoyed theirs.

I simply wish to extend the same warm welcome I received to those who arrive after me so this can remain the same great forum I've experienced instead of transforming into an exclusive "club" that gives the stink-eye to anyone without an arbitrarily sufficient number of posts. I enjoy meeting new folks and sharing other's OC experiences. I continuously hear the "let's work together" clichet bandied about. Well, the best way to put these "words" into practice is to give the same inclusiveness to the noobs that appear as we received when we first arrived.
    Last edited by Superlite27; 03-23-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Welcome Ryan! I'm glad to see you have a group over in Sedalia! I also encourage you and don't be bothered by any welcome posts that give off a negative air.

Superlight, I really appreciate how you treat new people. When I first came here my welcome was full of people jumping to conclusions and being downright hateful. Made me have a moment of horror for a while ("OMG are all gun owners like this?!"). lol Glad to see you trying to make a good impression.

Quote Originally Posted by sohighlyunlikely View Post
    I can understand some reservation from the agenda of the OP. It is first post and does seem to be going from 0 to 100. It is a start just not often seen and not recommend in Missouri with its broken OC laws.

Doc
    Agree, caution! No one has a hold on OC, but stating they are "The open carry association" seems a bit much!

"This appears to be another post from a ******* *****person that has the opinion of "WE ARE THE ONLY ONES" attitude. Reminds me of the opinion of some LEO's toward the carrying of firearms. More could be done if groups could band together for the common cause instead of a few having a connection and telling everyone else to go away. "

WE ARE NOT THE VOICE OF THE ALMIGHTY OPEN CARRY... WE ARE JUST SOME POOR STUPID IDIOTS WORKING OUR TAIL OFF ON 2A/OC RIGHTS, FEEL FREE TO TAKE THE LEAD AT ANY TIME! I DON'T MIND FOLKS JUMPING IN, BUT THEY SHOULD TAKE SOME TIME TO LEARN THE ROPES, IT DOESN'T COME EASY AND THERE IS NO BOOK TO LEARN FROM. FOR ME AND MY TIME THIS IS A ONE TIME SHOT, I'VE GIVEN MUCH, I'M TIRED AND THIS WAS A YEAR I GAVE IT MY ALL. WE'LL SEE IN THE END WHAT HAPPENS. THERE WILL BE SOME, THERE WILL NOT BE ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    This message has been deleted by Grapeshot.
    Very well stated, sir.

Cool

This message has been deleted by Grapeshot. .
    Thank You .

+100 to Tony. We are all on this site working towards the same goal. Nobody should be put down just cause they are new. If they are working for 2A rights then they should be welcomed with open arms.

I'll just come out and say and to be honest, i'm not really going to care what any of you think. Not that anyone cares what I usually say, but i'll say this anyways.

Everyone of you SHUT UP! Enough with the 5 yr old finger pointing and calling one out over their post to someone else. It's getting old and these claims of YOU THINK YOU ARE SUPERIOR crap isn't limited to one or 2 people. Many of the people saying it are guilty of it yourselves. Stop acting like self righteous Dbags. Now, all of you knock your crap off ( yes, ALL OF YOU ) and if you can't. Maybe it's time you take a break from the site until you can act like a civil human being. And you wonder why noone cares to take this movement seriously. Many of you are too blame for that whether you want to be an adult and admit it or not.

There. I've said my piece and if it annoys any of you. Oh well than.
    This guy is about past caring what many of you think or think you know.
    Agree.
    The bickering on here gets kinda old. We are all here for the same reason.

ETA: I forgot my manners. Welcome to the forum OP!
    Last edited by G30Mike; 03-25-2012 at 04:11 AM.
    "Ever notice once in a while you come across somebody you shouldn't have f***ed with......That's me." -Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino"

I have nothing against new folks, I give this site to people a lot.
    For some one who is more than likely new to call them selves the Open Carry Association is a bit over the top.
    As stated before there are many sources of open carry information in Missouri and a lot of people working very hard every day for 2A and OC rights.

If some body wants to try some thing "new" knock your self out.

If we are ever going to get the OC rights we want here in the great State of Missourti, we need to unite, not branch out to more forums.....

I have nothing against new folks, I give this site to people a lot.
    For some one who is more than likely new to call them selves the Open Carry Association is a bit over the top.
    As stated before there are many sources of open carry information in Missouri and a lot of people working very hard every day for 2A and OC rights.

If some body wants to try some thing "new" knock your self out.

If we are ever going to get the OC rights we want here in the great State of Missourti, we need to unite, not branch out to more forums.....
    Then perhaps the line of thinking should evolve from, "we are the real reps of MO Open Carry...we do the most, the best...to, "It is now time to unite. Let's concentrate our efforts to unite our groups (retaining autonomy in a practical sense) but creating "THE" umbrella organization.
    To put it succinctly...it's time to grow up into a united voice...a united movement
    One Organization with geographic chapters.
    Quarterly meetings with reps from each chapter
    Annual convention
    suspend all local, individual efforts and focus entirely on organizing a State Association
    Last edited by lincomores; 03-25-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lincomores View Post
    Then perhaps the line of thinking should evolve from, "we are the real reps of MO Open Carry...we do the most, the best...to, "It is now time to unite. Let's concentrate our efforts to unite our groups (retaining autonomy in a practical sense) but creating "THE" umbrella organization.
    To put it succinctly...it's time to grow up into a united voice...a united movement
    One Organization with geographic chapters.
    Quarterly meetings with reps from each chapter
    Annual convention
    suspend all local, individual efforts and focus entirely on organizing a State Association
    Unite "YES". This seems to be a good place to communicate. Legislative ideas, YOU CAN POST IDEAS ON A PUBLIC SITE, PLAN OF ACTION -> NEVER ON A PUBLIC SITE!
    It just tells the bad guys what you are up to, and trust me this site is monitored by those who are not pro-OC.
    Not I nor you nor anyone here know who the person who wants to "organize" the other site is, their knowledge or skills, motivation or character.

The pro-2A folks here know there are people from this site whoare actually "doing" things to get changes related to OC.

No we do not post our plans, discussions with who ever or much else. Subscribe to the news letter the group produces, there the"story" will come out in facts and sunstance, when the time is appropriate.
    It's not "me", it's not "him" or "her", it is a group of good people who have evrything "we" can to get changes in Missouri.

If some one wants another discussion site, go for it, I see little to be gained when there is a wealth of the best people in Missouri here on this site exchanging thoughs and ideas,

They may want to make a case for whjy another Missouri OC site would help? Many of us belong to multiple forums and spend many hours each week on OC ideas and progress.

I personally have no "extra" time for duplication. The people working on OC rights.... up to them. The "chat" here is some times productive and can be used for the cause.

The whinning and complaining... maybe its a feel good thing. Welcome new folks who want to learn, sohighlyunlikely taught me alot and got myself and otherrs to become very pro-OC and take the ideas to where they "need" to go. That is well beyond cyber space, to the land where changes need to be made.

Every day is another work day for OC rights, every day we work on it. Success or fail... we'll know soon enough! Count the days.

whats your deal

my name in kyle idk what your deal is yes we are young and new to your site i may only be 21 but i work to jobs plus stuff for moca and you want to be a **** its because of open carry.org i started to open carry but its ppl like you why all goups will never be able to jion as one and be one vioce cuz of the high and mighty ppl instead of trying to help us you tear us down real good team work we all want the same thing so why not work together as one

--Moderator Edited--
    Warning - Serious violation of conduct - repeat will not be tolerated

my name in kyle idk what your deal is yes we are young and new to your site i may only be 21 but i work to jobs plus stuff for moca and you want to be a dick its because of open carry.org i started to open carry but its ppl like you why all goups will never be able to jion as one and be one vioce cuz of the high and mighty ppl instead of trying to help us you tear us down real good team work we all want the same thing so why not work together as one
    First of all you called me a "Dick" and I have reported you to the moderator.

Second, why do you think you, your group is the "One" to address OC in MO?

I and my "group" have been working in ways I cannot tell you to get OC rights in Missouri.

You can do what ever you want, I hope you don't mess up what so many have wroked so hard to gain.

I have nothing against you or you group, however you (nor I) do not represent the open carry movement in Missouri. You came up with a name and I suppose "want to be" the OC clearing house.

Cool, go for it. I never called you a name nor denied anything (although I have no idea what you are about) you have tried to do, if anything besides "organize".

NO SIR YOUNG MAN, YOU ARE NOT THE "VOICE" OF THE OPEN CARRY MOVEMENT IN MISSOURI, YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO MAY BE TRYING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE, BUT YOU BETTER KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING, KNOW HOW TO DO IT AND BE ABLE TO WORK WITH THE POWERS THAT REALLY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, if you even know who they are?

PM SENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by mspgunner; 03-25-2012 at 10:10 PM. Reason: More stuff

I hate when people can't use punctuation and type on forums in text style speech.....
    "Ever notice once in a while you come across somebody you shouldn't have f***ed with......That's me." -Clint Eastwood "Gran Torino"

Quote Originally Posted by G30Mike View Post
    I hate when people can't use punctuation and type on forums in text style speech.....
    And they want to "take the lead" in open carry issues.
    Like, kinda, sorta cool.... That would go over well in an address. Duh, golly gee whiz...

Really, I, we, everyone can work together on 2A issues and this forum is a great place to post ideas and real life encounters.
    It is not, and no public forum is the right place to post plans confidential discussions or negotiations with the powers that are.

I just don't see a need for another "forum". I belong to 4 2A forums in Missouri, enough time spent reading forums. Many of the forums are the same people and many posts are duplicates.
    There are some very knowledgeable people here and on the other forums and certainly Private messages are the very useful to these folks.

Unite "YES". This seems to be a good place to communicate. Legislative ideas, YOU CAN POST IDEAS ON A PUBLIC SITE, PLAN OF ACTION -> NEVER ON A PUBLIC SITE!
    It just tells the bad guys what you are up to, and trust me this site is monitored by those who are not pro-OC.
    Not I nor you nor anyone here know who the person who wants to "organize" the other site is, their knowledge or skills, motivation or character.

The pro-2A folks here know there are people from this site whoare actually "doing" things to get changes related to OC.

No we do not post our plans, discussions with who ever or much else. Subscribe to the news letter the group produces, there the"story" will come out in facts and sunstance, when the time is appropriate.
    It's not "me", it's not "him" or "her", it is a group of good people who have evrything "we" can to get changes in Missouri.

If some one wants another discussion site, go for it, I see little to be gained when there is a wealth of the best people in Missouri here on this site exchanging thoughs and ideas,

They may want to make a case for whjy another Missouri OC site would help? Many of us belong to multiple forums and spend many hours each week on OC ideas and progress.

I personally have no "extra" time for duplication. The people working on OC rights.... up to them. The "chat" here is some times productive and can be used for the cause.

The whinning and complaining... maybe its a feel good thing. Welcome new folks who want to learn, sohighlyunlikely taught me alot and got myself and otherrs to become very pro-OC and take the ideas to where they "need" to go. That is well beyond cyber space, to the land where changes need to be made.

Every day is another work day for OC rights, every day we work on it. Success or fail... we'll know soon enough! Count the days.
    I think you missed my entire point...but it's ok.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Welcoming new users/posters to this site is a good thing. Pulling together is even better.

A public argument about personalities is not what OCDO is about or will tolerate. If you don't want to join either a new group or an existing one, fine just don't - there is no wrong in asking them to join you either.

But we have a serious violation of the Forum Rules occurring throughout this thread that I will quote for the benefit of all:
    (12) NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked.
    Not only is the above important to the health of this forum, but also individual posters/users risk serious repercussions for violating the standard expressed there. Take heed.

Also any group wishing to establish themselves ought to research their chosen ID prior to going public with it. Point of fact the acronym "MOCA" has been in use by another RKBA organization for sometime and this circumstance could have put you in violation of copyright laws. That group is in the process of changing it's name from Maine Open Carry Assoc. (MOCA) to Gun Owners of Maine (Go-Me or Go-Maine) so I seriously doubt that the issue will be raised. MOCA/Go-Maine is an "official" group in they are doing everything by the book - registering as a non-profit et al.

New registrants or those with a low post count do not have less rights or privileges than the old hands, but you must understand that we don't know you well and deserve the opportunity to learn about you before giving a carte blanche endorsement of who and what you are - that is not a forum rule, that is human nature.

Many here are involved with working with city/county governments and understand the need for professionalism is writing style (grammar, punctuation, spelling etc) as well as organizational skills and public speaking ability. There is more to this than meets the eye - pull together or pull apart (pun intended). This forum is widely read by more non-registrants than member/users at a ratio of 4 - 10 to 1 - they are the media, politicians, antis and fence sitters as well as lurkers - see the breakdown at any given moment near the bottom of the Discussion Forum main page in the block titled Currently Active Users .

I personally participate in an informal group that meets every Sat. for an OC breakfast and once a moth for an OC dinner - we are not "officially" anything other than a collection of like minded individuals. It is free think, talk, and listen time and good ideas abound which we share with our official affiliations when appropriate - in my case with VCDL.

Suggest that those in need take a personal time-out, reconsider your approach and start over fresh.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast