• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri open carry association

Moca Open Carry

Hello my name is Ryan Miller the spokesman for M.O.C.A. that's missouri open carry association. We are an open carry group based out of Sedalia Mo. and are 100 percent free of charge for membership as well as all other activities we put on. If you or anyone you know would be interested in more information as well as legal guides to missouri open carry feel free to look us up on facebook as MOCA open carry. We are currently working on putting some bbqs together as well as getting on the bruce in the morning show to help raise open carry awarness. We meet once a month as a group but every weekend you can find us at the dennys in sedalia if you want to know where we are because you stoped for a visit just ask for the guys with guns at the counter haha. Any support, new memberships, or ideas would be welcome. Again you can find us on facebook under the name MOCA open carry. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. Oh p.s. We might also have a open carry vs concealed carry debate coming up on kix 105.7. We will keep you posted. Thanks again.

Spokesman, Ryan Miller - M.O.C.A.

Last edited:

mspgunner

Hello my name is Ryan Miller the spokesman for M.O.C.A. that's missouri open carry association. We are an open carry group based out of Sedalia Mo. and are 100 percent free of charge for membership as well as all other activities we put on. If you or anyone you know would be interested in more information as well as legal guides to missouri open carry feel free to look us up on facebook as MOCA open carry. We are currently working on putting some bbqs together as well as getting on the bruce in the morning show to help raise open carry awarness. We meet once a month as a group but every weekend you can find us at the dennys in sedalia if you want to know where we are because you stoped for a visit just ask for the guys with guns at the counter haha. Any support, new memberships, or ideas would be welcome. Again you can find us on facebook under the name MOCA open carry. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. Oh p.s. We might also have a open carry vs concealed carry debate coming up on kix 105.7. We will keep you posted. Thanks again.

There is an open carry misosuri facebook site. If this translates right I'd be surprised:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/107846675926969/

There are already a mess of 2A and OC sites.
No I don't want another site to visit.
I am grouped with a few folks from here doing what needs to be done (I'll leave it at just that).
Carry on.... This was your 1st post on the forum that has been here a long time. That does not impress me.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
or ideas would be welcome. Again you can find us on facebook under the name MOCA open carry. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. Oh p.s. We might also have a open carry vs concealed carry debate coming up on kix 105.7. We will keep you posted. Thanks again.

Greets Ryan,

Ideas:

1. Research before you post, there are several OC'ers here who have years of experience and dedication.
2. There is a slight apearance of SPAM for your facebook page by your post.
3. Always undersell and then over perform. Representing yourself as an "association" in such a way implies you have incorporated in the legal sense etc which is highly unlikely, but indeed possible. Point... Cool, you got a group of folks together for a common cause and you are trying to get even more, just call it what it is and don't over sell it.
4. Open carry awareness in the mid-Missouri area is not really much of a concern or a problem really, it is not that unusual of a behavior.
5. While it might seem you are getting beat up a bit, that is not the case, but there are fairly large numbers of folks in ST Louis and KC dedicated to the cause and are even politicly active in the approach. There are also several folks in both the south east and west corners. We even had a small event in Columbia Mo a few months back.

I doubt you are comming back, but if you do, grab a chair, sit a spell, and get to know some of the folks and understand if we can ever all pull together and move forward at the same time, it would be a good thing.

Superlite27

There is an open carry misosuri facebook site. If this translates right I'd be surprised:

I am grouped with a few folks from here doing what needs to be done (I'll leave it at just that).
Carry on.... This was your 1st post on the forum that has been here a long time. That does not impress me.

Wow. Just..........Wow. A potential new member shows up to say hello, inform us of a pro-2A group he is part of, and kindly invite others......and you basically tell him his efforts are pointless because they're redundant, you are the F%#&ING hero around here, and aren't really impressed because it's his first time posting?

--Moderator deleted personal attack--

So, Ryan. Please don't stereotype the members of this forum by basing your opinion on the unfriendly and belittling welcome you've received up until now. There are a great number of folks on here who are very inclusive, open (as opposed to "shhhhhhh! Secret Squirrel!") and fun. Warm weather is arriving, and with it, things pick up and many of us often meet for coffee or dinner. Sometimes, we're even graced with the beatific presence of the exalted one who sometimes ventures forth from the secret lair where all the herculean efforts of his merry band of hidden superheroes marches on unbeknownst to the likes of us mere mortals.......all on our behalf.

So, WELCOME TO THE FORUM! I'll likely make it over to Sedalia in the next couple of weeks as it is only an hour and a half away, and I'm a huge Denny's fan. So, unless something unexpected comes up, I might venture over for breakfast (more likely "brunch") on the 31st. Not written in stone, but likely. Maybe I'll see you there.

mspgunner

Ouch!

wow. Just..........wow. A potential new member shows up to say hello, inform us of a pro-2a group he is part of, and kindly invite others......and you basically tell him his efforts are pointless because they're redundant, you are the f%#&ing hero around here, and aren't really impressed because it's his first time posting?

Instead of being a pompous, self-important ass who seems to revel in belittling anyone else's contributions to firearms freedom, i'll choose to accept any and all categories, races, shapes, sexes, efforts, lifestyles, and experience levels of people wishing to support the 2a and welcome you.

So, ryan. Please don't stereotype the members of this forum by basing your opinion on the unfriendly and belittling welcome you've received up until now. There are a great number of folks on here who are very inclusive, open (as opposed to "shhhhhhh! Secret squirrel!") and fun. Warm weather is arriving, and with it, things pick up and many of us often meet for coffee or dinner. Sometimes, we're even graced with the beatific presence of the exalted one who sometimes ventures forth from the secret lair where all the herculean efforts of his merry band of hidden superheroes marches on unbeknownst to the likes of us mere mortals.......all on our behalf.

So, welcome to the forum! I'll likely make it over to sedalia in the next couple of weeks as it is only an hour and a half away, and i'm a huge denny's fan. So, unless something unexpected comes up, i might venture over for breakfast (more likely "brunch") on the 31st. Not written in stone, but likely. Maybe i'll see you there.

This appears to be another post from a ******* ***** person that has the opinion of "WE ARE THE ONLY ONES" attitude. Reminds me of the opinion of some LEO's toward the carrying of firearms. More could be done if groups could band together for the common cause instead of a few having a connection and telling everyone else to go away.

sohighlyunlikely

I can understand some reservation from the agenda of the OP. It is first post and does seem to be going from 0 to 100. It is a start just not often seen and not recommend in Missouri with its broken OC laws.

Doc

Redbaron007

Welcome & Good luck!

Superlite27

Yeah, after letting it rest overnight and rereading this morning, I probably did come off a little harsh. I apologize if I was a little "abrasive". I was simply concerned with the "sit back and watch, noob. Let the professionals handle this" attitude your response seemed to give off. I realize the efforts you and LMTD have been putting forth, and the neccessary nature they take.

I would simply like to point out that, at some point, ALL OF US were new to the forum, made our first post, and took up the pro-2A fight in the way we chose. If I had experienced alienation by encountering folks who told me they already had things in hand, I needed to "watch and learn", and my contributions were insignificant because of my low post count, I'd have gone to one of those messes of other 2A sites you don't feel like visiting where my input was welcome.

However, I didn't. I encountered a great group of people, (yourself included) who included me, met at different places for comraderie and similar pro-2A interests, and enjoyed my company as I've enjoyed theirs.

I simply wish to extend the same warm welcome I received to those who arrive after me so this can remain the same great forum I've experienced instead of transforming into an exclusive "club" that gives the stink-eye to anyone without an arbitrarily sufficient number of posts. I enjoy meeting new folks and sharing other's OC experiences. I continuously hear the "let's work together" clichet bandied about. Well, the best way to put these "words" into practice is to give the same inclusiveness to the noobs that appear as we received when we first arrived.

Last edited:

Boba Fett

Welcome Ryan! I'm glad to see you have a group over in Sedalia! I also encourage you and don't be bothered by any welcome posts that give off a negative air.

Superlight, I really appreciate how you treat new people. When I first came here my welcome was full of people jumping to conclusions and being downright hateful. Made me have a moment of horror for a while ("OMG are all gun owners like this?!"). lol Glad to see you trying to make a good impression.

mspgunner

I can understand some reservation from the agenda of the OP. It is first post and does seem to be going from 0 to 100. It is a start just not often seen and not recommend in Missouri with its broken OC laws.

Doc

Agree, caution! No one has a hold on OC, but stating they are "The open carry association" seems a bit much!

"This appears to be another post from a ******* *****person that has the opinion of "WE ARE THE ONLY ONES" attitude. Reminds me of the opinion of some LEO's toward the carrying of firearms. More could be done if groups could band together for the common cause instead of a few having a connection and telling everyone else to go away. "

WE ARE NOT THE VOICE OF THE ALMIGHTY OPEN CARRY... WE ARE JUST SOME POOR STUPID IDIOTS WORKING OUR TAIL OFF ON 2A/OC RIGHTS, FEEL FREE TO TAKE THE LEAD AT ANY TIME! I DON'T MIND FOLKS JUMPING IN, BUT THEY SHOULD TAKE SOME TIME TO LEARN THE ROPES, IT DOESN'T COME EASY AND THERE IS NO BOOK TO LEARN FROM. FOR ME AND MY TIME THIS IS A ONE TIME SHOT, I'VE GIVEN MUCH, I'M TIRED AND THIS WAS A YEAR I GAVE IT MY ALL. WE'LL SEE IN THE END WHAT HAPPENS. THERE WILL BE SOME, THERE WILL NOT BE ALL!

moneymaker

LMFAO And all of this and you are still trying for meet and greet dinner photo ops,,,,,,,,,For a Law that will not pass for the next 4-10 years to say the least!!!!!!! You High Noon,,,,Wyatt Earp type boys need to let it go and go find another approach or just be happy you get to even ccw as you wont be doing no OC thru the entire state anytime soon,Dont like it move to a city that will let you but may change there law 5 minutes after you get there,,,,Strap on that hog leg and be safe,bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:banana:

moneymaker

Wow. Just..........Wow. A potential new member shows up to say hello, inform us of a pro-2A group he is part of, and kindly invite others......and you basically tell him his efforts are pointless because they're redundant, you are the F%#&ING hero around here, and aren't really impressed because it's his first time posting?

Instead of being a pompous, self-important ass who seems to revel in belittling anyone else's contributions to firearms freedom, I'll choose to accept any and all categories, races, shapes, sexes, efforts, lifestyles, and experience levels of people wishing to support the 2A and welcome you.

So, Ryan. Please don't stereotype the members of this forum by basing your opinion on the unfriendly and belittling welcome you've received up until now. There are a great number of folks on here who are very inclusive, open (as opposed to "shhhhhhh! Secret Squirrel!") and fun. Warm weather is arriving, and with it, things pick up and many of us often meet for coffee or dinner. Sometimes, we're even graced with the beatific presence of the exalted one who sometimes ventures forth from the secret lair where all the herculean efforts of his merry band of hidden superheroes marches on unbeknownst to the likes of us mere mortals.......all on our behalf.

So, WELCOME TO THE FORUM! I'll likely make it over to Sedalia in the next couple of weeks as it is only an hour and a half away, and I'm a huge Denny's fan. So, unless something unexpected comes up, I might venture over for breakfast (more likely "brunch") on the 31st. Not written in stone, but likely. Maybe I'll see you there.

no you are correct the 2 big shots here think they own missouri OC and the sad thing is they know it wont pass but wanna still have a photo op just to frame for there wall

Marc

+100 to Tony. We are all on this site working towards the same goal. Nobody should be put down just cause they are new. If they are working for 2A rights then they should be welcomed with open arms.

G30Mike

I'll just come out and say and to be honest, i'm not really going to care what any of you think. Not that anyone cares what I usually say, but i'll say this anyways.

Everyone of you SHUT UP! Enough with the 5 yr old finger pointing and calling one out over their post to someone else. It's getting old and these claims of YOU THINK YOU ARE SUPERIOR crap isn't limited to one or 2 people. Many of the people saying it are guilty of it yourselves. Stop acting like self righteous Dbags. Now, all of you knock your crap off ( yes, ALL OF YOU ) and if you can't. Maybe it's time you take a break from the site until you can act like a civil human being. And you wonder why noone cares to take this movement seriously. Many of you are too blame for that whether you want to be an adult and admit it or not.

There. I've said my piece and if it annoys any of you. Oh well than. :banghead:
This guy is about past caring what many of you think or think you know.

Agree.
The bickering on here gets kinda old. We are all here for the same reason.
425707ff-d068-e767.jpg

ETA: I forgot my manners. Welcome to the forum OP!

Last edited:

mspgunner

I have nothing against new folks, I give this site to people a lot.
For some one who is more than likely new to call them selves the Open Carry Association is a bit over the top.
As stated before there are many sources of open carry information in Missouri and a lot of people working very hard every day for 2A and OC rights.

If some body wants to try some thing "new" knock your self out.

If we are ever going to get the OC rights we want here in the great State of Missourti, we need to unite, not branch out to more forums.....

lincomores

I have nothing against new folks, I give this site to people a lot.
For some one who is more than likely new to call them selves the Open Carry Association is a bit over the top.
As stated before there are many sources of open carry information in Missouri and a lot of people working very hard every day for 2A and OC rights.

If some body wants to try some thing "new" knock your self out.

If we are ever going to get the OC rights we want here in the great State of Missourti, we need to unite, not branch out to more forums.....

Then perhaps the line of thinking should evolve from, "we are the real reps of MO Open Carry...we do the most, the best...to, "It is now time to unite. Let's concentrate our efforts to unite our groups (retaining autonomy in a practical sense) but creating "THE" umbrella organization.
To put it succinctly...it's time to grow up into a united voice...a united movement
One Organization with geographic chapters.
Quarterly meetings with reps from each chapter
Annual convention
suspend all local, individual efforts and focus entirely on organizing a State Association

Last edited: