• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AMC Theaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Late into the thread.

Lin, we have a history, but I am not picking on you. Your words are again totally misguided through your own total misunderstanding. The politicizing is an anti campaign from the late 60's when the fears of the rights of persons who were indeed not white, the best way to maintain power, disarm and disarm they did, both parties. A few years later into the 80's it became a liberal peace calling from the hippies of the 60's and 70's, then Regan did more damage to gun rights in history, yet is touted as a progun pres. Then he got shot and the war on guns went full tilt and a defined split in party lines happened.

Progun is not about doing anything more than reducing government, maintaining personal choice, the anti's simply want to see that choice stripped from you without regard for the constitution by adding yet another level of government to rule you. When a company opts to go above and beyond the laws and they invite public access, stating why you will not support their efforts to rule you above and beyond the law is the only option to communicate it without being an activist. An activist chases petitions or actively pickets a location.

Now for the masses, I was not aware so few were indeed not informed about AMC.

AMC is without any doubt what so ever solidly anti-gun, not just to carry but to actually donating funds specifically to prevent you from having the right to carry.

AMC Entertainment Inc. (movie theatre chain in AZ, CA, Canada, DC, FL, GA, IL, KS, LA, MA, MI, MO, NC, NE, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, TX, VA, WA)
106 West 14th Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
(816)221-4000
traded on AMEX under name 'AEN'

They gave $1,000.00 to fight against CCW in the state of Missouri back in 2003 I believe it was, getting old and forgetful these days.

Appreciate the letter writing campaign, but it is a futile effort, they have gotten THOUSANDS of letters over the years. Nothing wrong with reminding them you are boycotting them, but overall, don't expect a "OMG we did not know, we are sorry and will pull the signs" type of response, they are rooted in the Brady campaign.

mspgunner

Great post, one day you may be the "offical" historian of OC in Missouri!
BTW - the law that allowed OC ban by "Local" government in Missouri was passed and signed into law in 1984, for some reason, as I've been told it went into effect Jan. 1, 1985. Maybe our laws for effectibve dates have changed. I don't know about the details on that.

Late into the thread.

Lin, we have a history, but I am not picking on you. Your words are again totally misguided through your own total misunderstanding. The politicizing is an anti campaign from the late 60's when the fears of the rights of persons who were indeed not white, the best way to maintain power, disarm and disarm they did, both parties. A few years later into the 80's it became a liberal peace calling from the hippies of the 60's and 70's, then Regan did more damage to gun rights in history, yet is touted as a progun pres. Then he got shot and the war on guns went full tilt and a defined split in party lines happened.

Progun is not about doing anything more than reducing government, maintaining personal choice, the anti's simply want to see that choice stripped from you without regard for the constitution by adding yet another level of government to rule you. When a company opts to go above and beyond the laws and they invite public access, stating why you will not support their efforts to rule you above and beyond the law is the only option to communicate it without being an activist. An activist chases petitions or actively pickets a location.

Now for the masses, I was not aware so few were indeed not informed about AMC.

AMC is without any doubt what so ever solidly anti-gun, not just to carry but to actually donating funds specifically to prevent you from having the right to carry.

AMC Entertainment Inc. (movie theatre chain in AZ, CA, Canada, DC, FL, GA, IL, KS, LA, MA, MI, MO, NC, NE, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, TX, VA, WA)
106 West 14th Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
(816)221-4000
traded on AMEX under name 'AEN'

They gave $1,000.00 to fight against CCW in the state of Missouri back in 2003 I believe it was, getting old and forgetful these days.

Appreciate the letter writing campaign, but it is a futile effort, they have gotten THOUSANDS of letters over the years. Nothing wrong with reminding them you are boycotting them, but overall, don't expect a "OMG we did not know, we are sorry and will pull the signs" type of response, they are rooted in the Brady campaign.

Boba Fett

I went to the new B&B Theater in Ozark, and upon asking the manager about legally carried firearms, he said he was all for it, and the theater was glad to allow it.

lincomores

Late into the thread. Lin, we have a history, but I am not picking on you. Your words are again totally misguided through your own total misunderstanding.

Pardon me if I don't believe you. You don't really hold that much credibility with me.
I'm not misguided whatsoever...that is simply your position on anything I have to say.
I have an opinion...I have a world view. It is obviously "different" than yours but it doesn't make mine "misguided."

AMC's decisions to operate their business in the manner in which they choose is their business.
If I choose not to patronize I won't.
I simply don't feel the need to get all mouthy about it with them, or any other private entity. As you pointed out...they've probably had a truck full of letters.
Personally, I don't care what their decision is.
It doesn't affect me.
I have no need to exercise my rights and liberties...I simply live them and I do quite fine. This is still a concept that alludes you.
If others choose to do something else, good for them.
I don't call them misguided...I just recognize their difference of opinion by voicing mine.
Believe me...I recognized plainly your need to be right.
Fine, If you think you're right about all things, live your life accordingly.
Your lectures fall on deaf and tired ears.
I take a glance...and see your slip showing.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I disagree with the whole premise of politically boycotting a private business because they make a policy that they believe is in the best interest of their customers.
I don't get it. Isn't that simply being just like the anti gun folks who are politically boycotting Starbucks?
If "you" choose to not spend your money, fine. Just don't.
To "politicize" this issue from freedom's perspective cheapens the inalienable right, in my opinion...but then, I'm not an "activist." Perhaps that's the difference...

Money talks, bullsh*t walks.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Pardon me if I don't believe you. You don't really hold that much credibility with me.
I'm not misguided whatsoever...that is simply your position on anything I have to say.

AMC's decisions to operate their business in the manner in which they choose is their business.

I have no need to exercise my rights and liberties...I simply live them and I do quite fine. This is still a concept that alludes you.

Believe me...I recognized plainly your need to be right.
Fine, If you think you're right about all things, live your life accordingly.
Your lectures fall on deaf and tired ears.
I take a glance...and see your slip showing.

Wow, there you go again eh>

You do not live your right, you exorcize it, you might look up the meaning of the word instead of pretending it means something else.

AMC's decisions are whole and their own, you are the one who commented about the influence of "the anti's" as if it did not exist, I simply provided information that clearly defines that not only are they influenced, they are an active participant donating funds to take your rights from you, you seemed to not be aware of such facts.

As far as my "need to be right" well it does happen a lot and it happened again and you are on some sniveling rant because you were clearly wrong in your assessment.

I am fully aware that you troll several forums and have for years, the only thing consistent is your desire to fuss.

You can play it out however you want, but you are 100% factually wrong in this thread and only tried to fuss within it, nothing more and nothing less.

AMC is anti-gun, they give sizable amounts of money in the name of gun control, gun owners should talk about it, they should let AMC know so that AMC can either continue on the current path or perhaps change. I suppose a few have changed their minds without input from others, but most of the time it comes from someone offering up an alternative idea.

Now as for the rest of your posting, I sir do not share your interest in male cross dressing and have never dawned a slip, the idea that you continue to reference such things is ok by me, but may I suggest you try craigslist casual encounters under the t4m section and perhaps you will find what it is you desire, it simply is not here.

lincomores

Wow, there you go again eh>

You do not live your right, you exorcize it, you might look up the meaning of the word instead of pretending it means something else.

Exorcize? Oh my!
I'm not even Catholic!
Take your pick from the list below...I engage in none of these in regards to the 2a. It is as natural to me as being a big know it all is to you.

Definition of EXERCISE
a : the act of bringing into play or realizing in action : use <the exercise of self-control> b : the discharge of an official function or professional occupation <exercise of his judicial duties> c : the act or an instance of carrying out the terms of an agreement (as an option) —often used attributively <an option's exercise price>
a : regular or repeated use of a faculty or bodily organ b : bodily exertion for the sake of developing and maintaining physical fitness <trying to get more exercise>
: something performed or practiced in order to develop, improve, or display a specific capability or skill <arithmetic exercises> <vocal exercises>
: a performance or activity having a strongly marked secondary or ulterior aspect <party politics has always been an exercise in compromise — H. S. Ashmore>
a : a maneuver, operation, or drill carried out for training and discipline <naval exercises> b plural : a program including speeches, announcements of awards and honors, and various traditional practices of secular or religious character <commencement exercises>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exercise

AMC's decisions are whole and their own, you are the one who commented about the influence of "the anti's" as if it did not exist, I simply provided information that clearly defines that not only are they influenced, they are an active participant donating funds to take your rights from you, you seemed to not be aware of such facts.

Nah...I said that boycotting by pro 2a's is akin to the boycotting of the antis. Why act like them?
Either patronize or don't...but you don't have to get all mouthy about it.
What you actually provided was "bait." Proving my assertion that it is actually "you" who is trolling "me."
"late entry..." prefaced with a disclaimer...bah, you don't fool anyone.

As far as my "need to be right" well it does happen a lot and it happened again and you are on some sniveling rant because you were clearly wrong in your assessment.

It doesn't happen a lot...it is inherent. But it takes all kinds to make the world what it is.

I am fully aware that you troll several forums and have for years, the only thing consistent is your desire to fuss.

Really? I don't believe that I am a member of, or have posted anything in any other 2a orientated forum.
But I do hold out hope that one day you will mature enough to realize that you aren't anywhere near as smart as you make yourself out to be.

You can play it out however you want, but you are 100% factually wrong in this thread and only tried to fuss within it, nothing more and nothing less.

You're such a tard...I gave my "opinion" on the matter, plain and simple (I wasn't presenting any "facts")...others gave theirs...then we let it lie.
But, because you were bored, and can't help yourself when it comes to me (you're such a good little troll), you pull up a sinking thread and focus it on me...I'm feeling a bit icky again.
Because you can't accept the reality that there are differing world views, you conclude others are either wrong or "fussing" as you call it.
Please...grow up...you're like an annoying 10 year old.

AMC is anti-gun, they give sizable amounts of money in the name of gun control, gun owners should talk about it, they should let AMC know so that AMC can either continue on the current path or perhaps change. I suppose a few have changed their minds without input from others, but most of the time it comes from someone offering up an alternative idea.

I don't care what they do. It is a private business...they have the right. And, we have the right to patronize their business or not. I just don't feel the need to tell them why, or why not, I do, or I don't patronize them.
Others have differing opinions on the matter.

Now as for the rest of your posting, I sir do not share your interest in male cross dressing and have never dawned a slip, the idea that you continue to reference such things is ok by me, but may I suggest you try craigslist casual encounters under the t4m section and perhaps you will find what it is you desire, it simply is not here.

Clueless as usual.
Your slip is definitely showing.
But I do find it interesting that you even know exactly where such listings would be...you are one, creepy person.

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Exorcize? Oh my!

But I do find it interesting that you even know exactly where such listings would be...you are one, creepy person.

Grammar police... first sign of a failing troll.

I am creepy, so perhaps you should do as you always say and ignore the creepy one eh?

Why don't you go back and troll about on your other forums and leave the gun rights ones to the folks who are actually doing something.

lincomores

Grammar police... first sign of a failing troll.

I am creepy, so perhaps you should do as you always say and ignore the creepy one eh?

...and "this" coming from a person who specifically entered the conversation in this thread because "I" had posted?
"you" calling me a troll?
"This" coming from a person who purposely found out my telephone number and address for the purpose of contacting me without an invitation?
"This" coming from a person who continuously spammed my PM Inbox after repeatedly being asked not to send me PMs? So much so that I had to shut it down?
As I've pointed out to you before, I have made several, general comments (not specifically addressed to any one person) in several threads, and "you" have decided to enter said conversations for the specific purpose of attacking "me."
"you" calling "me" the troll?
That is exactly what I mean by saying that your "slip is showing pal."
As to "ignoring" you...I would ask, "why" are you trolling ME?

As far as "other" forums you are trying to associate me with...name one that you suspect I "troll."
As to what forums I actually decide to look at, or participate in...as usual, you have some perverted sense of pseudo power and authority over folks that you seem to enjoy by attempting to tell them what they can and cannot do.
You obviously over rate your influence...yawn

And, once again, you have entered and otherwise normal conversation with the sole intent to demean someone...doesn't that really go against the grain of the purpose and behavior of members of this forum?
Why can't you stick to the topic?
Why do you ALWAYS have to attack the person?

Why don't you go back and troll about on your other forums and leave the gun rights ones to the folks who are actually doing something.

Big deal..."you're" doing something, then crying about what it costs you. So what.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
...and "this" coming from a person who specifically entered the conversation in this thread because "I" had posted?
"you" calling me a troll?

Why can't you stick to the topic?
Why do you ALWAYS have to attack the person?

Big deal..."you're" doing something, then crying about what it costs you. So what.

I entered into it because you were implying false information, that AMC might not be anti-gun, just had a business regulation you did not agree with and that was and is 100% factually false. They are extremely anti-gun and contribute dollars to fight nationally and even in local politics as they did in Missouri. I believe it is indeed spot on topic, unlike your typical and consistent choice of "disagreeing" to foster argument and sir that is trolling.

I didn't attack you and I specifically noted I was not, but I absolutely did point out that your position was not an opinion, but was 100% false and you were going to attempt to defend it as an opinion.

If you consider being told you are wrong and then facts put forward showing as much an attack, then so be it, I attacked you. I did so without the sexual innuendo you opted to bring to the mix and politely provided you a path to better support your consistent and likely subconscious desire to see men in slips.

And yes, I bitched about spending money to try and get something done while ********** ****** continually spewed non-factual information that hurts our cause in the name of helping it while they sit on their butts doing nothing but claiming to "live it" and so forth, you don't like it, tough. You do the same thing on several forums and have for YEARS and it is clear you are not going to change. I just am not going to idle by while you say or imply nonfactual data and I suspect you will continue on just as you have for years. I suspect we have about 2.5 more years of you if history holds true.

lincomores

I entered into it because you were implying false information, that AMC might not be anti-gun, just had a business regulation you did not agree with and that was and is 100% factually false. They are extremely anti-gun and contribute dollars to fight nationally and even in local politics as they did in Missouri. I believe it is indeed spot on topic, unlike your typical and consistent choice of "disagreeing" to foster argument and sir that is trolling.

Exactly "where" did I imply that AMC may not be anti-gun?
If you make a business decision to ban firearms, I would think you are pretty much anti-gun.
What I said was that it was a business decision by a private entity who has the right to run their business any way they want. If I don't like it, then I don't have to patronize it. But "personally", I don't get mouthy about it and certainly wouldn't boycott it for the reasons I stated...it is the same tactic the anti's use.

I presented NOTHING in the manner of FACT in any of my posts.
I even pointed out that EVERYONE has an opinion and that is all good.
You are the one coming in and attempting to tell me that I'm all wrong and blah blah blah as well as misquoting and misrepresenting what I said...but then, as I'm pointing out, that is precisely your MO.
So you can put your silly little troll card away.
I have an opinion.
I'll voice it.
"You", on the other hand, simply cannot believe that anyone else in the whole wide world would possibly see things differently than you and you are bound and determined to straighten everyone out, particularly when it comes to me.
I got along just fine long before you were born, and I'll continue to do just fine without you.

I didn't attack you and I specifically noted I was not, but I absolutely did point out that your position was not an opinion, but was 100% false and you were going to attempt to defend it as an opinion.

If one begins an attack with a disclaimer, "I'm not attacking you"...guess what? ...quack quack
The PRINT doesn't lie...but "you" like to, don't you?

If you consider being told you are wrong and then facts put forward showing as much an attack, then so be it, I attacked you. I did so without the sexual innuendo you opted to bring to the mix and politely provided you a path to better support your consistent and likely subconscious desire to see men in slips.

You're trolling me and you "know" it.
The slip showing comment is not a "sexual innuendo"...I explained what it meant...but you don't read very well because you're too intent on what you're going to write back...it's all about YOU, isn't it?

And yes, I bitched about spending money to try and get something done while blathering idiots continually spewed non-factual information that hurts our cause in the name of helping it while they sit on their butts doing nothing but claiming to "live it" and so forth, you don't like it, tough.

Personally, I don't give a flip what you do, or don't do.
You should extend the same courtesy to others.
Commit...then cry = no commitment.

You do the same thing on several forums and have for YEARS and it is clear you are not going to change. I just am not going to idle by while you say or imply nonfactual data and I suspect you will continue on just as you have for years. I suspect we have about 2.5 more years of you if history holds true.

First, show me where I submitted "data."
Second, show me where I've been on "several forums and have for YEARS."
I think, in your self-perceived, infinite wisdom, you are mistaking me for someone else.
But then, you couldn't possibly bring yourself to a point where you could ever consider for a moment that you could be....er...wait for it folks...here it is....WRONG? OMG...covert the children's eyes and ears...bring in the family dog...pull down the shades...what a piece of work you are.

As usual, go ahead and have the last word...you obviously need it.
Mark my words...it won't be long before you're trolling me again.

Last edited:

lincomores

in this thread
Lincomores said: "Do you know, for certain, that AMC Theaters changed their policy due to the anti's?"

Well, you finally answered one question...
This isn't "implying that AMC isn't anti-gun"
This is actually AFFIRMING that it is anti-gun - "...changed their policy"
But inquiring as to the motive for doing so - "...due to the anti's"
...grasping at straws hoping no one would would notice?
LMAO
Have a nice day...until next time
(maybe you will eventually reveal why it is that you are trolling "ME")

Last edited:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Lincomores said: "Do you know, for certain, that AMC Theaters changed their policy due to the anti's?"

Well, you finally answered one question...
This isn't "implying that AMC isn't anti-gun"
This is actually AFFIRMING that it is anti-gun - "...changed their policy"
But inquiring as to the motive for doing so - "...due to the anti's"
...grasping at straws hoping no one would would notice?
LMAO
Have a nice day...until next time
(maybe you will eventually reveal why it is that you are trolling "ME")

I am not grasping at any straws, simply pointing out factual data that supports a position.

Seems to me you have this consistent behavioral pattern developed with lots of back doors for you to back out of an argument.

1. You tend to infer fact but claim opinion.
2. The core of this thread involves voicing ones opinion to an anti org.
3. You then state you think it is the wrong method to voice an opinion, but then define you are only expressing your own opinion on that matter.
4. When confronted with facts that clearly do not support your inferred opinion, you cry personal attack for simply expressing your own opinion and then whine and insult.
5. Now you are AGAIN grasping at straws speaking about "motives" as if the anti-gun establishment's motives are unknown or that you are ignorant of such motives, fails the reasonable test now doesn't it?

Since you so strongly suggest that bothering to voice one's opinion to the anti-gun business locations, why don't you just practice what you preach and withhold your opinions in the forum dedicated specifically to educating and advocating for changes in opinions, laws and regulations?

peace :)

lincomores

I am not grasping at any straws, simply pointing out factual data that supports a position.

--Moderator Edited--

Unnecessarily argumentative and w/o redeeming merit - going in circles here.

Those that do not support OC are rightly considered anti - AMC Theaters has gained that distinction.

BTW - this 'sand box" as you call it, does not either belong to the poster that repeats himself most often.

Last edited:

lincomores

--Moderator Edited--

Unnecessarily argumentative and w/o redeeming merit - going in circles here.

Those that do not support OC are rightly considered anti - AMC Theaters has gained that distinction.

BTW - this 'sand box" as you call it, does not either belong to the poster that repeats himself most often.

You could have censored the post this one responded to for the same thing.
But, you didn't.
I understand.

Some here aren't interested in alternative thinking and approaches to issues.
Perhaps that is one of the reasons it is so difficult to accomplish things.
And, btw, it never really was about AMC
I'll find another group that is interested in meaningful conversation in lieu of what I'm finding here.
good luck in your endeavors

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You could have censored the post this one responded to for the same thing.
But, you didn't.
I understand.

Some here aren't interested in alternative thinking and approaches to issues.
Perhaps that is one of the reasons it is so difficult to accomplish things.
And, btw, it never really was about AMC
I'll find another group that is interested in meaningful conversation in lieu of what I'm finding here.
good luck in your endeavors

A deletion/edit publicly delivers the message to all equally, especially when accompanied by an explanation.

A contest of will, war of words, or personality clash brings with it little good. You recognize that it takes two in your first sentence above. Meaningful conversation, effective alternative thinking and approaches to issues is most dependent upon methodology and style. Open discourse and how it is delivered is always within the control of each poster/user. Expending effort is better from within than from the outside - collectively all are stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.