• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry Weapon 'Limit' For Armored Car Personnel In Your State?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I may be wrong but I believe the biggest towed artillery is still the 155mm. Of course, you have to pass the DCJS qualification test which includes shooting weak-handed.;)

What limits caliber in Virginia is what either the company or the contract specifies.

stay safe.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
What is the reason behind your question? Is there more of a story here? Just curious.

I have first-hand knowledge that armored car personnel can carry a .45 here in VA. How much bigger do you need?

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I wouldn't want to tangle with them.

I was just wondering. Each state does stipulate a maximum specific caliber for this line of work, just wanted to know what other states allow from actual personnel who work in that field.

This is a bad thread for the simple facts 1) You can look up state laws on your own if you really want the data - no need to broadcast it via the web.
2)It could endanger those who work in the industry. I did this years ago & my crew rolled well armed enough to fend off MANY, MANY, MANY bad guys.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Lol! Whats the big secret? You honestly think that if someone was seriously contemplating holding up an armored car they wouldn't research what the guards carry to know what they are up against? Broadcast? Isn't that what this forum is supposed to be about, providing answers to questions like these, "Open Carry"?

To give you the cliff notes there's what you see in the open (and what you don't) & there's what you don't see in the Truck. This is really not a OC related thread in my opinion. In my day we were allowed to carry anything allowed under our licenses - at that time if you had the stamp, automatic weapons.

PS - You are a new poster here what are your 1st questions: not hey how do i get started? what are the best ways to carry etc... Nope you go with: Hey tell what your Armored crews can carry by law? Odd way to start here, just saying.....

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
From actual experience....

What is the largest caliber your state allows armored car/armed guards to carry while on duty?

Please read Forum Rules and understand the purpose and intent of OCDO before posting.

Your first series of posts is OT as there is no connection to "the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life." I hasten to add that this statement from our home page does NOT refer to those that OC as part of their profession i.e. LEOs, security officers, or active military duties - these are already accepted as "normal."

Moving this thread from Open Carry Questions to General Discussion as the only sub-forum that may be appropriate under the circumstances. The administration reserves the right to lock or delete threads that in our opinion are not in the best interests of OCDO or which stray too far from our guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.