• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Discriminatory Concealed Carry Bill To Be Heard In Assembly

Save Our State

As I have pointed out above, all that is necessary to obtain good cause under the proposed law is to report a hate crime you have been a victim of. There is no statutory threshold to prove the allegation or produce any sort of evidence.

Filed police report of hate crime = good cause. The concept of what constitutes a hate crime is so overbroad that it absolutely applies to anyone who has ever been offended or threatened.

No. The way I read it is there must be a police report evidencing a hate crime. that means the police must write that in the report. If they don't....

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
No. The way I read it is there must be a police report evidencing a hate crime. that means the police must write that in the report. If they don't....

The police do not get to choose the nature of the crime being reported. Their duty is to record the facts as they are given to them, not judge the reports veracity or selectively apply their own agenda to the enforcement of the law.

From what you are saying, I gather that your concern is that a report of an 8 foot burning cross in someone's front yard would be considered 'arson'.

Save Our State

The police do not get to choose the nature of the crime being reported. Their duty is to record the facts as they are given to them, not judge the reports veracity or selectively apply their own agenda to the enforcement of the law.

From what you are saying, I gather that your concern is that a report of an 8 foot burning cross in someone's front yard would be considered 'arson'.

A cross burning in a front yard would be a hate crime even if Count Dracula was standing by it with a gas can and matches. 3 illegal mexicans beating up a citizen for holding a "deport illegals" sign would be a mutual combat report.