Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 107

Thread: Eric Holder's, and jutice for all..

  1. #1
    Regular Member wild boar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    silent bliss wisconsin
    Posts
    445

    Eric Holder's, and jutice for all..

    AND JUSTICE FOR ALL? In the fallout from the very, questionable shooting of a black youth by a white man the black community is up in arms. All the black Washington noise makers are rushing to the spot to justify their existence. Eric Holder has injected the powers of the U.S. Justice Dept. to insure "justice". This has already been investigated, and cleared by local authority's, SO..., whats up with Eric? On June 11 1963, a black woman entered a University in Alabama with a National Guard escort. This woman, Vivian Malone would become the sister in law of Eric Holder, and spend her adult life devoted to Civil Rights, and worked for that branch of the Justice Dept. Though she is gone; by the past actions of Eric Holder and "his" Justice Dept. while supporting his "my people", Vivian lives. I provide this for you to decide, the information can be found if you Google Vivian Malone, The facts stated should be independently verified by any person who is going to form an opinion. boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Stanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    408
    What's your point??? I'm serious, you lost me... What are you driving at?
    Last edited by Stanley; 03-22-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

  3. #3
    Regular Member VW_Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leesburg, GA
    Posts
    1,099
    That Eric Holder is trying to recoup an image of "justice and caring" after his **** up with F&F.
    Last edited by VW_Factor; 03-22-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Stanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    That Eric holder is trying to recoup an image of "justice and caring" after his **** up with F&F.
    Ahh... No doubt he is.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

  5. #5
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,784
    Quote Originally Posted by wild boar View Post
    This has already been investigated, and cleared by local authority's, SO..., .
    It may have been cleared by local yokels, but it was never investigated. There are now allegations by multiple witnesses the cops "corrected" them and their statements. There are the 911 calls from witnesses. The racist and other statements made by the shooter while on 911. There is the girl the young adult was on the phone with while he was pursued. This all contradicts the local's claim of a clear cut case and no evidence of the contrary.

    In my opinion it wasn't anyone but the local residents who very vocally demanded an investigation that they got one. Power of the people.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    It may have been cleared by local yokels, but it was never investigated. There are now allegations by multiple witnesses the cops "corrected" them and their statements. There are the 911 calls from witnesses. The racist and other statements made by the shooter while on 911. There is the girl the young adult was on the phone with while he was pursued. This all contradicts the local's claim of a clear cut case and no evidence of the contrary.

    In my opinion it wasn't anyone but the local residents who very vocally demanded an investigation that they got one. Power of the people.
    Agreed. Listening to the 911 tapes, this guy is guilty as hell. I cannot fathom how they haven't charged this guy yet.

  7. #7
    Regular Member VW_Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leesburg, GA
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    Agreed. Listening to the 911 tapes, this guy is guilty as hell. I cannot fathom how they haven't charged this guy yet.
    +1

    I cannot even image how this guy while armed felt threatened by a teenager with candy and Arizona Iced Tea. Not threatened enough to use lethal force anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    It may have been cleared by local yokels, but it was never investigated. There are now allegations by multiple witnesses the cops "corrected" them and their statements. There are the 911 calls from witnesses. The racist and other statements made by the shooter while on 911. There is the girl the young adult was on the phone with while he was pursued. This all contradicts the local's claim of a clear cut case and no evidence of the contrary.

    In my opinion it wasn't anyone but the local residents who very vocally demanded an investigation that they got one. Power of the people.
    If we are all writing about Trayvon Martin then I agree. Mr. Zimmerman should have been arrested and charged with 1st degree intentional homicide. I've researched this incident quite a bit and Mr. Zimmerman broke every rule for someone who carries a firearm legally. Zimmerman followed the kid as he walked to a local store to buy Skittles and a Coke (IIRC) and the kid noticed him (good awareness on his part). Zimmerman continued to follow him while carrying a large flashlight and talking on his cell phone to 911 dispatch. 911 told him to STOP following the kid. He didn't stop. Finally the kid encounters Zimmerman and (apparently) kicks the crap out of him. Trayvon is the one who was using the Castle Doctrine of Florida legally. Not Zimmerman. Zimmerman instigated this event and stalked this boy at night through a neighborhood the kid was not familiar with. Trayvon did run to get away from Zimmerman but somehow Zimmerman caught up with him and that is when Trayvon defended himself...with his fists. Zimmerman then pulls out his handgun and kills Trayvon. Clear cut murder in my opinion.

    Zimmerman has made around 60 calls to 911 over the last year or two. He thinks he is some kind of vigilante ring leader who can do what he wants. It's terrible that the local police did not investigate this thoroughly and charge and arrest Zimmerman for at least 2nd degree murder.

    Here is a link to the 911 calls that night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnItpb-NQ64

    Decide for yourself. As for the feds getting involved that I believe is the only option left to the family of Trayvon since the police are not charging Zimmerman with a crime. It isn't about black VS white. It's about justice for a murdered child.
    Last edited by rcawdor57; 03-22-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: grammar
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

    “Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

    —John F. Kennedy

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    If we are all writing about Trayvon Martin then I agree. Mr. Zimmerman should have been arrested and charged with 1st degree intentional homicide. I've researched this incident quite a bit and Mr. Zimmerman broke every rule for someone who carries a firearm legally. Zimmerman followed the kid as he walked to a local store to buy Skittles and a Coke (IIRC) and the kid noticed him (good awareness on his part). Zimmerman continued to follow him while carrying a large flashlight and talking on his cell phone to 911 dispatch. 911 told him to STOP following the kid. He didn't stop. Finally the kid encounters Zimmerman and (apparently) kicks the crap out of him. Trayvon is the one who was using the Castle Doctrine of Florida legally. Not Zimmerman. Zimmerman instigated this event and stalked this boy at night through a neighborhood the kid was not familiar with. Trayvon did run to get away from Zimmerman but somehow Zimmerman caught up with him and that is when Trayvon defended himself...with his fists. Zimmerman then pulls out his handgun and kills Trayvon. Clear cut murder in my opinion.

    Zimmerman has made around 60 calls to 911 over the last year or two. He thinks he is some kind of vigilante ring leader who can do what he wants. It's terrible that the local police did not investigate this thoroughly and charge and arrest Zimmerman for at least 2nd degree murder.

    Here is a link to the 911 calls that night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnItpb-NQ64

    Decide for yourself. As for the feds getting involved that I believe is the only option left to the family of Trayvon since the police are not charging Zimmerman with a crime. It isn't about black VS white. It's about justice for a murdered child.
    Spoken for the truth !!

  10. #10
    Regular Member wild boar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    silent bliss wisconsin
    Posts
    445

    The crux is...

    ...that Eric Holder has a deep rooted history when it comes to protecting the rights of blacks. There is nothing wrong with that if there isn't a history of abuse of office. Why did he decide not to investigate the "new black panthers" who were outside the polling place, one with a club? Eric said there was a lack of evidence. The panthers who were involved, and recorded on film, never even attended the hearings to answer to the charges. Where was Holder when the shooter in Milwaukee fired shot after shot at an unarmed man that was running away. The shooter was attempting to kill a man for something he had attempted to do, there is no crime in running away.

    I said this was a "very questionable shooting", there is no doubt in my mind. Just like with F+F the people who legally own guns will pay. I told you to check out holder's record if you were going to form an opinion.


    The fear mongers will not stop, we already need a permit for a right, and you can bet your a$$ we are going to loose decades of progress. boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

  11. #11
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,784
    Rest assured there are no Holder fans here.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  12. #12
    Regular Member Stanley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by wild boar View Post
    ...that Eric Holder has a deep rooted history when it comes to protecting the rights of blacks. There is nothing wrong with that if there isn't a history of abuse of office. Why did he decide not to investigate the "new black panthers" who were outside the polling place, one with a club? Eric said there was a lack of evidence. The panthers who were involved, and recorded on film, never even attended the hearings to answer to the charges. Where was Holder when the shooter in Milwaukee fired shot after shot at an unarmed man that was running away. The shooter was attempting to kill a man for something he had attempted to do, there is no crime in running away.

    I said this was a "very questionable shooting", there is no doubt in my mind. Just like with F+F the people who legally own guns will pay. I told you to check out holder's record if you were going to form an opinion.


    The fear mongers will not stop, we already need a permit for a right, and you can bet your a$$ we are going to loose decades of progress. boar out.
    I get what your saying...

    Thing is, he SHOULD have addressed those issues you mention. No doubt about it. Inexcusable and unfair.

    That, however, changes nothing about THIS case. His lack of action on prior cases that needed action does not change the fact that this case should be handled by the feds. Should it affect his career, life, whatever? Sure...
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." - George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

  13. #13
    Regular Member wild boar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    silent bliss wisconsin
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Rest assured there are no Holder fans here.
    I'm not speaking to race, I don't consider that to be the issue. The issue is selective prosecution, and in that, race is an issue. I do not decide which case is handled in what way, if race has been made a fact it is wrong. I don't care what color you are, when it makes a deference it's wrong. Holder has a history of irons in the fire, that's who he is, and that is what the man has made out of his position. It is in no way wrong for me to make mention of that fact. Let him defend himself as he did with F+F. boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Delafield, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    65

    Question I don't think Zimmerman is white.

    From what I can tell by looking at the pictures, Zimmerman is not white. He looks Hispanic to me. Maybe not, but if I had to guess, I would guess Hispanic. This will be inflated by the race ****** like Sharpton, Jackson, and Farrakahn to be more evidence of white hatred of the black race. It is nothing more than a series of mistakes that led to the death of an innocent man. It has nothing to do with race except that Zimmerman seems to have convicted Martin of "walking while black" and provoked the confrontation that led to Martin's death. I don't pretend to have all the facts either. Just the way it looks to me with the information I have. This is a quote from one of the articles on the shooting. "A police report describes Zimmerman as white; his family says he is Hispanic ..."

    Get all the facts before deciding absolutely what happened.

    Fast Ed
    Last edited by Fast Ed; 03-23-2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: New facts

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    If we are all writing about Trayvon Martin then I agree. Mr. Zimmerman should have been arrested and charged with 1st degree intentional homicide. I've researched this incident quite a bit and Mr. Zimmerman broke every rule for someone who carries a firearm legally. Zimmerman followed the kid as he walked to a local store to buy Skittles and a Coke (IIRC) and the kid noticed him (good awareness on his part). Zimmerman continued to follow him while carrying a large flashlight and talking on his cell phone to 911 dispatch. 911 told him to STOP following the kid. He didn't stop. Finally the kid encounters Zimmerman and (apparently) kicks the crap out of him. Trayvon is the one who was using the Castle Doctrine of Florida legally. Not Zimmerman. Zimmerman instigated this event and stalked this boy at night through a neighborhood the kid was not familiar with. Trayvon did run to get away from Zimmerman but somehow Zimmerman caught up with him and that is when Trayvon defended himself...with his fists. Zimmerman then pulls out his handgun and kills Trayvon. Clear cut murder in my opinion.

    Zimmerman has made around 60 calls to 911 over the last year or two. He thinks he is some kind of vigilante ring leader who can do what he wants. It's terrible that the local police did not investigate this thoroughly and charge and arrest Zimmerman for at least 2nd degree murder.

    Here is a link to the 911 calls that night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnItpb-NQ64

    Decide for yourself. As for the feds getting involved that I believe is the only option left to the family of Trayvon since the police are not charging Zimmerman with a crime. It isn't about black VS white. It's about justice for a murdered child.
    You need to more research the dispatcher did not tell him to stop following his words were "we don't need you to do that"

    There is a huge amount of speculation on your part. The Physical evidence backs Zmimermans story. There is no evidence that Zimmerman made the frist physcal contact with Martin.

    Not so clear cut in my opinion

  16. #16
    Regular Member wild boar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    silent bliss wisconsin
    Posts
    445
    At this point the only thing clear is that if the shooter isn't found guilty there will be a riot. With the interest of Holder, and company from Washington this will not stand as is. I hope I have to eat my words, but doubt it. The police chief has taken leave, and more than likely left town. History has shown us if the concerned group of people who are gathering nation wide to quietly question the now standing decision in this matter, will not take innocent for an answer, watch your six. boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by wild boar View Post
    At this point the only thing clear is that if the shooter isn't found guilty there will be a riot. With the interest of Holder, and company from Washington this will not stand as is. I hope I have to eat my words, but doubt it. The police chief has taken leave, and more than likely left town. History has shown us if the concerned group of people who are gathering nation wide to quietly question the now standing decision in this matter, will not take innocent for an answer, watch your six. boar out.
    I belive the Chief knows this is a no win situation. The dept all ready conducted an investigation and the local DA thought it was a good shoot.

    But the race baiters, anti CCW/gun types see a huge chance to make some hay here.

    More the one situation like this has been used to start somethig bigger.

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    You need to more research the dispatcher did not tell him to stop following his words were "we don't need you to do that"

    There is a huge amount of speculation on your part. The Physical evidence backs Zmimermans story. There is no evidence that Zimmerman made the frist physcal contact with Martin.

    Not so clear cut in my opinion
    What is clear is that Zimmerman followed the child. Zimmerman had a flashlight and was patrolling the neighborhood. Zimmerman is not a police officer. Zimmerman had a firearm. The child was unarmed. The child is at least 100 pounds less weight than Zimmerman. The child (IMO) fought off a stalker (Zimmerman). Zimmerman pulls his gun and kills the child.

    Fact: None of this would have happened had George Zimmerman not pursued the child and had let the police do their job. Now the nation has a huge "Race" issue once again which should have nothing to do with what happened.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

    “Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

    —John F. Kennedy

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    1,623
    We all might be surprized at the out come of this.

  20. #20
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    We all might be surprized at the out come of this.
    I lived in the south when I was in the military, we have one daughter born in GA and another born in Alabama. My comment is, we'll see what happens as this unfolds. I do not want to see Holder's strong arm version of one-sided justice anymore that I want old fashioned one sided "southern justice". Neither are any good for anyone.

    Yes, there are black people that are just as bad as any white in how negatively they view the other race. I've seen it, and in the military, I had to deal with it (60's and 70's), and that does not help true justice at all. I think we'll just have to wait and see.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    1,623
    More infomation keeps coming forward


    Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman (big OOPS coming?)
    http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new...erman-03232012 ^ | 3/23/12


    ORLANDO - A witness we haven't heard from before paints a much different picture than we've seen so far of what happened the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed.

    The night of that shooting, police say there was a witness who saw it all.

    Our sister station, FOX 35 in Orlando, has spoken to that witness.

    What Sanford Police investigators have in the folder, they put together on the killing of Trayvon Martin few know about.

    The file now sits in the hands of the state attorney. Now that file is just weeks away from being opened to a grand jury.

    It shows more now about why police believed that night that George Zimmerman shouldn't have gone to jail

  22. #22
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Yuma, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    824

    Everyone should read the Sanford City Manager's Statement before judging

    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    I lived in the south when I was in the military, we have one daughter born in GA and another born in Alabama. My comment is, we'll see what happens as this unfolds. I do not want to see Holder's strong arm version of one-sided justice anymore that I want old fashioned one sided "southern justice". Neither are any good for anyone.

    Yes, there are black people that are just as bad as any white in how negatively they view the other race. I've seen it, and in the military, I had to deal with it (60's and 70's), and that does not help true justice at all. I think we'll just have to wait and see.
    Fellow Citizens:

    There has been a lot of media attention to the recent incident where George Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin. This is indeed a tragic situation and has caused a flood of questions and strong emotions from within our community, the region and nation. On behalf of the employees of the City of Sanford, Our deepest sympathy and prayers go out to the family and friends of Trayvon Martin. As a father, I can only image the pain Trayvon’s family must be going though. In an effort to continue to be as responsive as possible to the public seeking information on the incident, I have asked Chief Lee to provide answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding this matter. Below are his responses. Please understand that since this is still an ongoing investigation, the Police Department is limited in what information it can publicly release.

    The City of Sanford is committed to insuring that justice is served and, therefore, the City of Sanford has contacted the United States Attorney General’s Office for assistance in this matter.

    The men and women of the Sanford Police Department extend our heartfelt sympathies to the Martin family. This is indeed a tragic situation. The death of anyone due to violence, especially a 17 year old young man, is morally appalling. As this incident has generated a lot of media attention, we wanted to provide answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.

    Why was George Zimmerman not arrested the night of the shooting?

    When the Sanford Police Department arrived at the scene of the incident, Mr. Zimmerman provided a statement claiming he acted in self defense which at the time was supported by physical evidence and testimony. By Florida Statute, law enforcement was PROHIBITED from making an arrest based on the facts and circumstances they had at the time. Additionally, when any police officer makes an arrest for any reason, the officer MUST swear and affirm that he/she is making the arrest in good faith and with probable cause. If the arrest is done maliciously and in bad faith, the officer and the City may be held liable.

    According to Florida Statute 776.032 : 776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—

    (1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.

    (2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.

    Why weren’t the 911 tapes initially released?

    There are exemptions to the public records laws for active criminal intelligence and for ongoing investigations. In this instance, the 911 calls made by neighbors in the subdivision, and the non- emergency call made by Mr. Zimmerman are all key to the investigation by Sanford Police Department. In consultation with the Office of the State Attorney, the Sanford police department had decided not to release the audio recordings of the 911 calls due to the ongoing investigation. Many times, specific information is contained in those recordings which is vital to the integrity of the investigation. At the time, it was determined that if revealed, the information may compromise the integrity of the investigation prior to its completion. The 911 tapes have since been released.

    Why did Mr. Zimmerman have a firearm in his possession while acting in the role of a neighborhood watch member?

    Mr. Zimmerman holds a concealed weapon permit issued from the State of Florida. He is authorized to carry the weapon in a concealed manner wherever Florida Statute dictates. Neighborhood Watch programs are designed for members of a neighborhood to be “eyes and ears” for police and to watch out for their neighbors. They are not members of the Police Department nor are they vigilantes. Training provided by law enforcement agencies to Neighborhood Watch organizations stresses non-contact surveillance of suspicious situations and notifying police of those situations so that law enforcement can respond and take control of the situation.

    Mr. Zimmerman was not acting outside the legal boundaries of Florida Statute by carrying his weapon when this incident occurred. He was in fact on a personal errand in his vehicle when he observed Mr. Martin in the community and called the Sanford Police Department.

    If Zimmerman was told not to continue to follow Trayvon, can that be considered in this investigation?

    Yes it will; however, the telecommunications call taker asked Zimmerman “are you following him”. Zimmerman replied, “yes”. The call taker stated “you don’t need to do that”. The call taker’s suggestion is not a lawful order that Mr. Zimmerman would be required to follow. Zimmerman’s statement was that he had lost sight of Trayvon and was returning to his truck to meet the police officer when he says he was attacked by Trayvon.

    Why was George Zimmerman labeled as “squeaky clean” when in fact he has a prior arrest history?

    In one of the initial meetings with the father of the victim the investigator related to him the account that Mr. Zimmerman provided of the incident. At that time the investigator said that Mr. Zimmerman portrayed himself to be “squeaky clean”. We are aware of the background information regarding both individuals involved in this event. We believe Mr. Martin may have misconstrued this information. What about media reenactments of the shooting incident? Any media reenactments of the shooting incident are purely speculation. To date the Sanford Police Department has not released any rendition of the events of the evening to anyone other than the Office of the State Attorney. The renditions we have seen are not consistent with the evidence in this case.

    The Sanford Police Department has conducted a complete and fair investigation of this incident. We have provided the results of our investigation to the Office of the State Attorney for their review and consideration for possible criminal prosecution.

    Although the Police Department is the target of the troubling questions, let me assure you we too feel the pain of this senseless tragedy that has dramatically affected our community. Therefore, as we move forward and strive to answer the questions that are a point of controversy in the community, we ask for your patience, understanding and assistance in getting the correct information to the community.

    Thank you,

    Norton N. Bonaparte, Jr., ICMA-CM City Manager March 19, 2012

    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2862657/posts

  23. #23
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Yuma, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    824

    I doubt that Zimmerman weighed 100 pound more. Martin was 6'3"

    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    What is clear is that Zimmerman followed the child. Zimmerman had a flashlight and was patrolling the neighborhood. Zimmerman is not a police officer. Zimmerman had a firearm. The child was unarmed. The child is at least 100 pounds less weight than Zimmerman. The child (IMO) fought off a stalker (Zimmerman). Zimmerman pulls his gun and kills the child.

    Fact: None of this would have happened had George Zimmerman not pursued the child and had let the police do their job. Now the nation has a huge "Race" issue once again which should have nothing to do with what happened.
    Did you know that Trayvon Martin was 6'3" tall? I doubt that he weighed only 140 pounds. Zimmerman is 5'9". Trayvon overtoped him by half a foot.

    Trayvon Martin was a high school football player. George Zimmerman appears to be an out of shape, overweight young man.

    I can easily see Trayvon Martin seeing George Zimmerman, and thinking, "I can take this guy".
    Last edited by ccwinstructor; 03-24-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: added last sentence

  24. #24
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643
    There is no doubt that Zimmerman "defended" himself. That I don't doubt at all. The point is Zimmerman is the cause of this entire ordeal. He had no business trailing anyone. Zimmerman was told not to follow. He continued to follow Trayvon. What the kid should have done is called 911 and gone to a safe location while waiting for the police. But, Trayvon was a young man of 17 who I'm sure never thought to call the police. I think Trayvon decided his life was in danger and acted to protect himself from Zimmerman. Trayvon is the one who legally used the Castle Doctrine. Zimmerman caused this entire event and turned it into a killing situation. Zimmerman should be charged and arrested for murder.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

    “Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

    —John F. Kennedy

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran rcawdor57's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,643

    Police Report For Zimmerman

    Link: https://cnninsession.files.wordpress...olicreport.pdf

    I think it is missing information but it's a start. Link about Zimmerman: http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/n...,6326075.story

    The 911 tapes reveal nothing about racism.

    The facts: A recent series of break ins in the gated community inspired Zimmerman (who has been out of work, is Hispanic, and has black relatives) to take an active role in patrolling the neighborhood in a "neighborhood watch" type role. Martin was a 17 year old boy who was visiting family in the gated community and he had gone to a corner store to purchase snacks and a beverage (tea).

    Zimmerman had called in 46 times in recent months to the police about break ins, mostly after-the-fact, and had done so for his black neighbors as well as his white and Hispanic neighbors. He saw Martin who Zimmerman didn't recognize (being a visitor to the gated community). Martin, not being familiar with the neighborhood was looking around as he entered and walked down the street. Zimmerman thought he was suspicious and started following Martin. Martin became spooked by Zimmerman following him (not knowing in what capacity Zimmerman was following him with), and took off running. Zimmerman followed Martin and eventually caught up, where the two had a physical altercation that ended with Zimmerman shooting Martin and Martin died from the gun shot wound.

    In this instance Zimmerman has the legal onus upon him because he was a licensed concealed weapon carrier and because he was taking on the role of a neighborhood watch official and because he chose not only to pursue Martin but to confront Martin. Martin would have been justified in either fleeing or attacking Zimmerman considering the situation. Because of Zimmerman's criminal negligence, at the very least Zimmerman is guilty of Manslaughter, as the "Stand Your Ground" law is not applicable in this case (with Zimmerman being the pursuer). If upon further investigation it is proved that Zimmerman initiated the physical confrontation with Martin, then Zimmerman is guilty of 3rd Degree Murder.

    All of this hinges upon a trial-by-jury's decision however, as all persons are innocent until proven guilty. Yet, given the facts as known, Zimmerman certainly should be charged and jailed (or released on bail).

    The travesty of all of this is that the entire black community of the United States is being rail roaded and they're being victimized on a national level yet again, mostly by their own cultural leaders along with the media persons participating in this blatant case of exploitative "journalism". And it is an injustice that Zimmerman is free while Martin is dead. It seems that the Sanford police are ironically perpetrating the injustice of letting Zimmerman off the hook for the sake of not wanting to set a potential tricky precedent for honest (competent) neighborhood watch participants.

    Zimmerman is not a racist. There is no evidence of racism. He made a bad decision that ended the life of an unarmed youth and he deserves to face the legal consequences of that decision. That's it. And the media should universally be ashamed for exploiting the racial divide in this country the way they have.
    Last edited by rcawdor57; 03-24-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: added story link
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

    “Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

    —John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •