• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eric Holder's, and jutice for all..

Pat Z

What is clear is that Zimmerman followed the child. Zimmerman had a flashlight and was patrolling the neighborhood. Zimmerman is not a police officer. Zimmerman had a firearm. The child was unarmed. The child is at least 100 pounds less weight than Zimmerman. The child (IMO) fought off a stalker (Zimmerman). Zimmerman pulls his gun and kills the child.

Fact: None of this would have happened had George Zimmerman not pursued the child and had let the police do their job. Now the nation has a huge "Race" issue once again which should have nothing to do with what happened.

I see in your last post he has matured from child to young man.

Preferred Customer

Yes I do. Martin was definitely murdered in my opinion by Zimmerman.
Link: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/08/2684419/shooting-mystery-miami-dade-teen.html

Snip: "Moments later, several calls were made to 911, telling police two men were fighting and shots were fired.

When officer T. Smith arrived at the scene moments later, he found Martin’s body lying face down on the grass about 70 yards from the family’s home, bleeding from a chest wound. He had $22, candy and a can of iced tea in his pockets.

Zimmerman gave police a statement that he stepped out of his car and he and Martin fought. He said he was “yelling for someone to help, but no one would help me.”

Zimmerman had a bloody nose, wet grass stains on his red jacket and was bleeding head wound. Martin was pronounced dead at 7:30 p.m.

“We don’t know what led up to that fight,’’ Lee said."

Let's see if I get this correct...assume I am a neighborhood watch guy and I see a "suspicious person" in my neighborhood at 7 p.m. walking on the sidewalk. I decide to call the police and follow this person. Hmm....the guy that I'm following sees me following him and doesn't know my intent or who I am. The person I'm following decides to defend himself when I get out of my vehicle to confront him (correct use of Florida's Castle Doctrine by Martin) and then I decide to "defend myself" from the event I created by shooting the guy I was following.

George Zimmerman was not innocent of instigation. He started this entire ordeal and he killed a young man in the process. Zimmerman is not a police officer, Zimmerman has no arrest authority, Zimmerman started this entire ordeal, Zimmerman got out of his truck and confronted Martin, Zimmerman killed Martin. You can't claim self defense if you started it. That is Florida law and that is the law in every state I can think of.

"George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch crime captain who shot dead 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, originally told police in a written statement that Martin knocked him down with a punch to the nose, repeatedly slammed his head on the ground and tried to take his gun, a police source told ABC News."

"In addition, an eyewitness, 13-year-old Austin Brown, told police he saw a man fitting Zimmerman's description lying on the grass moaning and crying for help just seconds before he heard the gunshot that killed Martin."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-shooter-teenager-gun/story?id=16000239#.T3HTrmHvoSE

"According to Zimmerman’s account to police, he had been walking back towards his SUV when Martin approached him from behind. The two “exchanged words” before Martin punched Zimmerman in the nose. Zimmerman fell to the ground, where, he says, Martin proceeded to beat him, bashing his head against the sidewalk:"

http://www.mediaite.com/online/geor...from-behind-bashed-his-head-against-sidewalk/

"With a single punch, Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who eventually shot and killed the unarmed 17-year-old, then Trayvon climbed on top of George Zimmerman and slammed his head into the sidewalk, leaving him bloody and battered, law-enforcement authorities told the Orlando Sentinel."

"One witness, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him — and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._1_miami-schools-punch-unarmed-black-teenager

"But according to police reports cited in the Sentinel, Mr. Zimmerman was walking back to his vehicle after having lost Trayvon when the youth approached him from behind. The two exchanged words, Mr. Zimmerman said, and Trayvon then punched him in the nose, jumped on top of him and began banging his head on a sidewalk. Mr. Zimmerman said he began crying for help and then shot Trayvon in the chest."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/mar/26/police-report-trayvon-jumped-watch-shooter/

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
"George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch crime captain who shot dead 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, originally told police in a written statement that Martin knocked him down with a punch to the nose, repeatedly slammed his head on the ground and tried to take his gun, a police source told ABC News."

"In addition, an eyewitness, 13-year-old Austin Brown, told police he saw a man fitting Zimmerman's description lying on the grass moaning and crying for help just seconds before he heard the gunshot that killed Martin."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-shooter-teenager-gun/story?id=16000239#.T3HTrmHvoSE

"According to Zimmerman’s account to police, he had been walking back towards his SUV when Martin approached him from behind. The two “exchanged words” before Martin punched Zimmerman in the nose. Zimmerman fell to the ground, where, he says, Martin proceeded to beat him, bashing his head against the sidewalk:"

http://www.mediaite.com/online/geor...from-behind-bashed-his-head-against-sidewalk/

"With a single punch, Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who eventually shot and killed the unarmed 17-year-old, then Trayvon climbed on top of George Zimmerman and slammed his head into the sidewalk, leaving him bloody and battered, law-enforcement authorities told the Orlando Sentinel."

"One witness, who has since talked to local television news reporters, told police he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Trayvon on top, pounding him — and was unequivocal that it was Zimmerman who was crying for help."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._1_miami-schools-punch-unarmed-black-teenager

One question for you: Would this have happened had George Zimmerman not followed and confronted Martin?

Big Dipper

One question for you: Would this have happened had George Zimmerman not followed and confronted Martin?

Assuming you were not there, where did you find the "fact" that Zimmerman confronted Martin?

I have not read that anywhere except as conjecture by people discussing (and filling in the blanks themselves) the unfortunate situation.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Assuming you were not there, where did you find the "fact" that Zimmerman confronted Martin?

I have not read that anywhere except as conjecture by people discussing (and filling in the blanks themselves) the unfortunate situation.

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

Interaction

During a break in an NBA basketball game on TV, Martin left his father's fiance's home in the gated community of Twin Lakes to walk to a nearby 7-Eleven convenience store to buy some Skittles. While returning to the house, Trayvon was seen by George Zimmerman,[48] who called the Sanford Police Department non-emergency number.

According to phone records provided by T-Mobile,[49] Martin was speaking on a cell phone at the time of the incident. Martin's girlfriend came forward, identifying herself as the other person in that conversation; she was interviewed by an attorney, who has made a statement, and her parents have requested her anonymity. The girl said that Martin expressed concern about a strange man following him, and she advised him to run. She says she heard Martin say "What are you following me for?" followed by a man's voice responding "What are you doing here?" She said that she heard the sound of pushing and that Martin's headset suddenly went silent, leading her to believe that he had been knocked down. She attempted to call him back immediately, but was unable to reach him.[50]

Zimmerman police call

Zimmerman phoned the Sanford Police Department police at the non-emergency number at approximately 7:00 p.m., February 26, 2012.[51] to report Martin's suspicious behavior, which he described as "just walking around looking about" in the rain.[52] The police dispatcher tape recorded him saying, "This guy looks like he is up to no good. He is on drugs or something." He further stated that the person he was observing had his hand in his waistband, was holding something in his other hand, and was walking around slowly in the rain looking at houses.[53]

The dispatcher recommended that he not take any action, and informed him that police were on the way. Zimmerman reported that Martin had started running. The dispatcher asked him if he was following Martin and he affirmed that he was. The dispatcher informed him that this was not necessary, saying "We don't need you to do that." [54] Zimmerman affirmed "OK" and made arrangements to meet with police when they arrived.

A portion of what Zimmerman said in the call to police is disputed. Some have suggested the disputed words were "******* coons", an ethnic slur used against black people, while others suggest it was "clueless", "course", or "punks".[55] Joe Oliver, a Zimmerman family friend, said he heard the word "goon".[56]

None of this would have happened had Zimmerman let the police do their job.

HandyHamlet

Assuming you were not there...

Zimmerman never should have exited his vehicle.
What was the justification for exiting the vehicle? He had already done his job by notifying police. They were on their way. He was told to stay put.

Innocent of instigation? Someone here give us ONE good reason for him to get out of that car.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Did you know that Trayvon Martin was 6'3" tall? I doubt that he weighed only 140 pounds. Zimmerman is 5'9". Trayvon overtoped him by half a foot.

Trayvon Martin was a high school football player. George Zimmerman appears to be an out of shape, overweight young man.

I can easily see Trayvon Martin seeing George Zimmerman, and thinking, "I can take this guy".

Trayvon Martin was nicknamed "Slimm" and weighed 140 pounds. George Zimmerman weighs 250 pounds. Not quite a 100 pound difference.

Snip:

Trayvon Martin
Born February 5, 1995
Died February 26, 2012 (aged 17)
Sanford, Florida, U.S.
Cause of death Single gunshot to the chest
Nationality American
Other names Nickname: Slimm
Ethnicity African American
Home town Miami, Florida
Height 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)[1]
Weight 140 lb (64 kg)[1]
Parents Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin

George Zimmerman
Born George Michael Zimmerman[2]
October 5, 1983 (age 28)
Virginia[3]
Nationality American
Ethnicity white father
Peruvian mother[4][5]
Home town Sanford, Florida, U.S.
Height 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)[6][7]
Weight 250 lb (110 kg)[6]
Religion Roman Catholic[4]
Parents Gladys C. and Robert J. Zimmerman, Sr.[4]

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Zimmerman never should have exited his vehicle.
What was the justification for exiting the vehicle? He had already done his job by notifying police. They were on their way. He was told to stay put.

Innocent of instigation? Someone here give us ONE good reason for him to get out of that car.

Exactly. According to one report by Zimmerman he got out of his truck to read the street signs. Wow...a neighborhood watch captain that doesn't know what street he is on in his own neighborhood.

Link: http://www.chicagonewsreport.com/2012/03/george-zimmerman-trayvon-martins-killer.html

Snip: According to Zimmerman, he got out of his car to read a street sign and Martin, who was carrying a bag of Skittles and an ice tea, attacked him from behind; which, according to Zimmerman's own words, is a blatant lie.

Link:http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-shooter-teenager-gun/story?id=16000239

Confrontation: "Zimmerman shot Martin dead the night of Feb. 26 after following him for several minutes. Zimmerman told police Martin looked suspicious because he was wearing a hoodie, and when he confronted him the two fought -- ultimately resulting in a single bullet in Martin's chest."

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Where does the 140 pound weight come from?

Trayvon Martin was nicknamed "Slimm" and weighed 140 pounds. George Zimmerman weighs 250 pounds. Not quite a 100 pound difference.

Snip:

Trayvon Martin
Born February 5, 1995
Died February 26, 2012 (aged 17)
Sanford, Florida, U.S.
Cause of death Single gunshot to the chest
Nationality American
Other names Nickname: Slimm
Ethnicity African American
Home town Miami, Florida
Height 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)[1]
Weight 140 lb (64 kg)[1]
Parents Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin

George Zimmerman
Born George Michael Zimmerman[2]
October 5, 1983 (age 28)
Virginia[3]
Nationality American
Ethnicity white father
Peruvian mother[4][5]
Home town Sanford, Florida, U.S.
Height 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)[6][7]
Weight 250 lb (110 kg)[6]
Religion Roman Catholic[4]
Parents Gladys C. and Robert J. Zimmerman, Sr.[4]

The police report lists Traymon Martin's height and weight as 6 foot and 160 pounds. That is the initial report, and is almost certainly an estimate, because Trayvon had no ID on him.

It is not a bad estimate, as we now know that Trayvon was 6 foot 3 inches.

I am speculating, but I suspect the 140 pound weight is from an earlier time, like most of his pictures. We will get the actual weight from the autopsy reports, but my guess is that it will come out to about 180, which is a very slim 6 foot 3 inch person.