• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eric Holder's, and jutice for all..

HandyHamlet

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Oh heck, I guess I'll join the discussion. From reading all the reports and not the speculation, it sounds like Martin confronted Zimmerman.
confront [kənˈfrʌnt]vb (tr)1. (usually foll by with) to present or face (with something), esp in order to accuse or criticize
2. to face boldly; oppose in hostility
3. to be face to face with; be in front of
4. to bring together for comparison[from Medieval Latin confrontārī to stand face to face with, from frons forehead]
Zimmerman was observing Martin until he lost him.
ob·serve (
schwa.gif
b-zûrv
prime.gif
)v. ob·served, ob·serv·ing, ob·serves

v.tr.1. To be or become aware of, especially through careful and directed attention; notice.
2. To watch attentively: observe a child's behavior.
3. To make a systematic or scientific observation of: observe the orbit of the moon.
After losing Martin in the dark and rain, Zimmerman headed back to his truck. According to what Martin's girlfriend heard over the phone, he was then followed by Martin who initially approached him from behind, confronted him, and eventually attacked him with his fists. It was unfortunate, but Martin would probably be alive now if he hadn't decided to go after Zimmerman.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Again and like every other post, you ignore the simple fact that Zimmer exited the truck. No one in a million years will ever rationally and reasonably justify that.

Once again I ask , isn't one of our responsibilities as trained firearms carriers to maintain "situational awareness". Avoid confrontation and all the other stuff preached religiously on this site every day?

Or is that all just more chest thumping b*llsh*t?

No need to answer as the truth is glaringly apparent.

Last edited:

davegran

Again and like every other post, you ignore the simple fact that Zimmer exited the truck. No one in a million years will ever rationally and reasonably justify that. ....
No need to answer as the truth is glaringly apparent.
The truth is that Zimmerman, being a resident of the community, had as much right as anybody to be walking around. The truth is that Zimmerman only observed and didn't make contact. The truth is that Martin was the aggressor. And yes, the truth is glaringly apparent.

HandyHamlet

The truth is that Zimmerman, being a resident of the community, had as much right as anybody to be walking around.

Totally lame with all due respect. Because there is no justification for him exiting his vehicle. So I understand why that's all you've got. And nothing else you posted addresses any of my points.

What happened to all the "sheepdog" rhetoric that's always regurgitated up on this site? Innocent of instigation? Proper training? Situational awareness? Educate the public? Public perception? Never putting yourself in this exact situation, where you could get your ass kicked???? What's that 21 ft drill again? Zimmerman is the textbook case of doing every single thing wrong.

All the bravado and at the end of the day nothing to back it up. That's all this site is.

Last edited:

davegran

Totally lame with all due respect. Because there is no justification for him exiting his vehicle. So I understand why that's all you've got. And nothing else you posted addresses any of my points.

What happened to all the "sheepdog" rhetoric that's always regurgitated up on this site? Innocent of instigation? Proper training? Situational awareness? Educate the public? Public perception? Never putting yourself in this exact situation, where you could get your ass kicked???? What's that 21 ft drill again? Zimmerman is the textbook case of doing every single thing wrong.

All the bravado and at the end of the day nothing to back it up. That's all this site is.
Oh, we're discussing sheepdogs? I thought we were discussing whether or not Mr. Zimmerman committed some form of murder. I prefer those tan, long-haired sheepdogs, although I hear that the black and white ones are pretty good, too.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

Lets not confuse legal tactics to keep ourselves out of jail with obligations to hide in a shell and let government solve all the problems.

Being innocent of instigation doesn't mean omitting to encounter someone. It means not instigating a disturbance such as calling names, making threats, starting an arugment etc.

E6chevron

When a person is armed, in a vehicle, and is observing someone that is suspicious, and the situation deteriorates to the armed observer, lying on his back and getting beaten by the lone suspicious person, one thing is clear:

There were tactical and probably strategic mistakes made by the armed observer. Without a doubt.

Any number of things done differently by either party, would have changed the outcome to not being fatal or even violent. However, tactical or strategic mistakes made by either party, is not sufficient, by itself to make them deserving of injury or death. The legal question of responsibility for the actions / guilt of breaking the law, requires quite a few facts, before it can be answered beyond reasonable doubt.

At this point, some of the "facts" I am aware of appear contradictory. What actually happened is not clear to me at all.

Last edited:

Stanley

After watching the case, arguing the case, debating the case, thinking about the case and a little bit of instigation I have come to a conclusion...

I and those I am "debating" seem to be debating two separate issues.

I keep pointing out responsibility while other keep pointing out guilt or lack thereof.

So after reading a bit, let me revise my stance a bit.

I think, based on the opinions of some people here that clearly know what they are talking about, and some Googlenastics, perhaps Zimmerman is not legally guilty. I say perhaps because I still feel he is guilty but feeling someone is guilty is not the same as them being guilty. Ok, I admit as much.

I DO think Zimmerman is responsible. I'm thinking based on his previous actions and the actions that night that the entire situation was caused by the immaturity, stupidity and machismo of this stupid *** woman beater. It seems to me that when the civil trial hits he is going to be raped by the system as he should be.

And to be completely honest, I would not give it a second thought if someone attempted to collect that "illegal" bounty... Even if it was offered by a terrorist group...

OC for ME

<snip> So after reading a bit, let me revise my stance a bit.

I think, based on the opinions of some people here that clearly know what they are talking about, and some Googlenastics, perhaps Zimmerman is not legally guilty. I say perhaps because I still feel he is guilty but feeling someone is guilty is not the same as them being guilty. Ok, I admit as much.

I DO think Zimmerman is responsible. I'm thinking based on his previous actions and the actions that night that the entire situation was caused by the immaturity, stupidity and machismo of this stupid *** woman beater. It seems to me that when the civil trial hits he is going to be raped by the system as he should be.

And to be completely honest, I would not give it a second thought if someone attempted to collect that "illegal" bounty... Even if it was offered by a terrorist group...
Counter suit...sue Martin's parents and grand parents, for not 'controlling' their minor child.

Those folks that are being targeted as a result of the Spike Lee re-tweet need to get a lawyer and get on the lawsuit train. Folks not involved need to get on the lawsuit train.

If a grand jury does not return a indictment? I wouldn't want to be any of those jurors. The NBP are gunna need to hit the lottery to afford to pay out on all of the bounties they post.

For a bunch of folks who are all about following the law and demanding that folks follow the law, the 'legal-ness' of this case suddenly becomes a hindrance to 'justice'.

Interesting.

Preferred Customer

Let us hope you never have to shoot a black person, and the have to face a trial by the press instead of by the courts.

Change the circumstances a bit, and this could be anyone of us that carries a gun.

Stanley

Let us hope you never have to shoot a black person, and the have to face a trial by the press instead of by the courts.

Change the circumstances a bit, and this could be anyone of us that carries a gun.

I hope I never have to shoot anyone.

Though, I'm pretty sure if I do shoot a black person, Al Sharpton is gonna have a heckuva time making the whole "racial" bit stick to me. :lol:

Though I take your point...

I'd personally hate to have a hit put out on me by say the Klan so... But I don't "condone" the bounty, I just don't think I'll feel bad. Not solely because of the incident but the totality of who I perceive Zimmerman to be. I also wouldn't feel bad if the entirety of the NBP suddenly were found dead. Can't help how you feel...

Is this really opencarry.org, or is this the Brady anti-gun board?

Who here is anti-gun???

Last edited:

Preferred Customer

I hope I never have to shoot anyone.

Though, I'm pretty sure if I do shoot a black person, Al Sharpton is gonna have a heckuva time making the whole "racial" bit stick to me.

Don't be so sure about that.

Are you saying you are black? If you are, are you sure you don't have any "white" blood in you? The press is calling Zimmerman a "white" Hispanic. Could there be such a thing as a white black? Is Obama, who is half white, a white black?

Before long, with inter-marriage, we will all be the same color. Why does the press deliberately stir up racial hatred?

Last edited: