• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry meet up in Pike County?

kurt555gs

By an 85% margin, Pike county Illinois voters approved a Constitutional Carry ordnance on the ballot March 20. Both the Pike County states attorney and the sheriff say they will follow the new law.

Anyone feel like an open carry lunch in Pitsfield?

* Carthago delenda est *

kurt555gs

Oops, too soon. The county officials lost their cojones when confronted by the state police commander.

* Carthago delenda est *

Superlite27

Anyone feel like an open carry lunch in Pitsfield?

Nope. Not only do I wish to avoid going to jail, I also deplore spending money in PRIL. The actual money going to the local community is fine. However, the tax taken from whatever I spend is sent to the state in order to finance their continuing oppression of freedom. Therefore, I won't spend a dime that will go to an entity wishing to keep you enslaved.

However, should you wish to freely express your God given rights, feel free to PM me if you'd like to cross the river into the land of (not quite fully pre-empted) freedom and enjoy a meal in the shoddy but free city of Louisiana sometime.

BTW: Feel free to uncase your firearm from its locked container kept in an inaccessible location, load it, and strap it on your hip...........as soon as you exit the bridge on the Missouri side, of course. As long as you don't conceal it, you'll be fine. (Unless you have a valid CCW from another state such as Utah or Florida, then wear it however you want.)

lockman

State Researcher
Oops, too soon. The county officials lost their cojones when confronted by the state police commander.

* Carthago delenda est *

Kurt,

I suppose under the public law created by HB182 I see no reason why you would not be able to open carry within all land and buildings owned or under the control of the county. After all, the owners have given their permission to do so. The catch is you better make pretty damn sure you are not OC or CC on state property, private property or public property belonging to any other entity not controlled by the county.