• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry at Ozarks Empire Fairgrounds?

Boba Fett

Hey guys. I work for Ozarks Food Service (Owned by Coca-Cola), which operates the concession stands at the Ozarks Empire Fairgrounds in Springfield. I also sometimes work in the stands as a church volunteer as a fundraiser.

I was wondering if it's legal for me to OC while at the fairgrounds? I'll be 18 and do not possess a CCW (which means none of 571.107 applies to me).

Thanks guys! Please link to Missouri laws whenever possible, I've had too many people tell me hearsay and be wrong.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I have HEARD the fair grounds are posted, no idea myself.

I can tell you my OPINION, if you try it, without regard for being legal, you will get fired if you do not have permission from your employer.

Boba Fett

I have HEARD the fair grounds are posted, no idea myself.

I can tell you my OPINION, if you try it, without regard for being legal, you will get fired if you do not have permission from your employer.

I've never noticed any signs. I will look closer the next time I'm there.

I wouldn't work for someone who didn't respect my right to self-defense anyways. :) That's one reason I quit the Ice Park.

Redbaron007

The actual open areas are not posted. However, the E-Plex is generally posted, depending on the event. During the fair, they may post the whole fairgrounds; although I don't recall seeing any signs. I know the GM for the fairgrounds, he is very gun friendly, but sometimes the City has the final say in the matter.

As LMTD stated, you may want to verify that your employer is in consensus with you OCing.

Boba Fett

The actual open areas are not posted. However, the E-Plex is generally posted, depending on the event. During the fair, they may post the whole fairgrounds; although I don't recall seeing any signs. I know the GM for the fairgrounds, he is very gun friendly, but sometimes the City has the final say in the matter.

As LMTD stated, you may want to verify that your employer is in consensus with you OCing.

Ok. I'll try to keep up with the postings. My actual boss is ok with it I think, but every once in a while I get this one manager who doesn't like it. Unfortunately that's the one manager I always seem to have for the gun shows. lol She won't even let me carry at the gun shows! haha :p

mcqueen

When I went there for a gun show a few months ago, there was a sign posted on the doors saying "No Loaded Firearms Beyond This Point." I don't remember if it was up when I went for the RV show, but I don't recall seeing it (and those signs are generally what I look for when entering buildings).

BionicRooster

When I went there for a gun show a few months ago, there was a sign posted on the doors saying "No Loaded Firearms Beyond This Point." I don't remember if it was up when I went for the RV show, but I don't recall seeing it (and those signs are generally what I look for when entering buildings).

If it's anything like our gun shows, they have the same "No Loaded Firearms Beyond This Point." signs, and when we enter, there was a table with some LEO's to check firearms, and once it's established there's no rounds in the gun, clip, or on your person, they put a zip tie through the barrel or w/e, until you leave. I was all fine and dandy with it, until I went to try and test some holsters :banghead:

Redbaron007

The gun shows are always posted. Some of the other events aren't. You don't know till you show up. The recent RV show wasn't.

Basically you don't know till you get there; except the gunshows. I spoke with the GM about a week or so ago and as a generally rule, it's the presenter/vendor who expresses the wish to post it for weapons...although the City fathers sometimes request it to be posted.

Boba Fett

Actually the manager who usually runs the stand during gun shows doesn't even like me to wear guns or at the time she got on to me, airsoft replicas. So I usually just store them in the back until I get a break. She said it was "not appropriate". It's a gun show, lady! lol

Marc

Actually the manager who usually runs the stand during gun shows doesn't even like me to wear guns or at the time she got on to me, airsoft replicas. So I usually just store them in the back until I get a break. She said it was "not appropriate". It's a gun show, lady! lol

LMAO. Not appropriate to bring guns to a GUN SHOW? Wow she has her head screwed on backwards. What kind of gun show would it be if nobody brought guns??

REALteach4u

Ok. I'll try to keep up with the postings. My actual boss is ok with it I think, but every once in a while I get this one manager who doesn't like it. Unfortunately that's the one manager I always seem to have for the gun shows. lol She won't even let me carry at the gun shows! haha :p

Do not think or assume anything on this. You could lose your job and get yourself in a legal bind if you're wrong.

Get it in writing, especially from your employer. I'm with others here, it's been my experience that they'll post individual events at the E-Plex. The actual fair might be a whole different issue and you'll want to inquire with the right people (and no, it's not the LEOs). You'll get some of the dumbest looks ever if you ask a LEO at the fair if it's legal for you to carry at the fair. I witnessed a face-palm moment for a guy last year on that exact issue. LEO simply told him this: Since you're "that guy" why don't you just think about the potential for an unintended discharge if you're on the rides...it's not worth the risk now is it. Have fun and enjoy the rest of your evening.

I had to appreciate the LEOs choice of words there on "unintended discharge".

Boba Fett

Do not think or assume anything on this. You could lose your job and get yourself in a legal bind if you're wrong.

Get it in writing, especially from your employer. I'm with others here, it's been my experience that they'll post individual events at the E-Plex. The actual fair might be a whole different issue and you'll want to inquire with the right people (and no, it's not the LEOs). You'll get some of the dumbest looks ever if you ask a LEO at the fair if it's legal for you to carry at the fair. I witnessed a face-palm moment for a guy last year on that exact issue. LEO simply told him this: Since you're "that guy" why don't you just think about the potential for an unintended discharge if you're on the rides...it's not worth the risk now is it. Have fun and enjoy the rest of your evening.

I had to appreciate the LEOs choice of words there on "unintended discharge".

ROFL nice one!!! xD

Well it doesn't matter now since I'm constantly getting beat down by just about everyone I know, telling me I can't own a handgun until I'm 21. I'm sick of it. I'd almost rather succumb to being an unarmed victim than deal with this. I don't really value my life anyways.