Thread: Hodge opposes gun-permit application

Hodge opposes gun-permit application

Anyone have any information about this issue in New Fairfield? Sees like a great example of why "suitabiity" shouldn't be part of the process.

North Branford, Connecticut, USA
    Assuming the misdemeanors are not disqualifiers:

Then he at least has a chance. This is going to rely on the BFPE's subjective judgment of suitability.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues:

, ,
    He lost his case.

He admits he made some mistakes. They were shooting at moving vehicles (made the mistake of hitting an unmarked cruiser!).

That being said, they gave him a denial "at this time" meaning, they would look at the case in a year or two with some time between the appellant's case history. He was also a volunteer firefighter (or maybe it was EMT) and seems he is trying to make positive changes in his life.

I think the vote in this case was unanimous. I'd have to check my notes (they are in the car).

Jonathan - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.